GDT: SCF: GAME 5 - YOU KNOW WHAT WE ARE HERE FOR: TIME TO FINISH THE REDEMPTION ARC. TIME TO FINISH THE JOB, 8PM ET, ABC

When will the puck drop?

• 8:15 ET

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 8:16 ET

• 8:17 ET

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 8:18 ET

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • 8:19 ET

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • 8:20 ET

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • 8:21 ET

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • 8:22 ET

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • 8:23 ET

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • 8:24 ET

• 8:25 ET

• 8:26 ET

• 8:27 ET

• 8:28 ET

• 8:29 ET

• 8:30 ET

Votes: 7 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
I think the Oilers smell blood in the water, but we'll see.
Pi5uVqFpZHjV11e2ErA2Kra3wkCT9U6ThoLXqvhBrHs.jpg

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Bold prediction. This game is going to go one of two ways.

Either the Panthers are going to win.. Or the Oilers are going to win.

Take it to the bank.
Odds are 50/50, either the cats win the cup tonight, or they don't.

One of those betting sites really needs to scoop us up

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

Sgt Schultz

Jun 30, 2019
Santa Fe, NM
Isn't it common to throw an extra off day in there when there's travel involved? Especially this much distance between host cities
Pretty much, at least back through 2016. Even when the Pens and Preds played, they had two off days when they traveled. There are a few years they had two off days between games one and two, but I assumed that was an arena scheduling thing.

My guess is the league is trying to minimize the impact of travel fatigue on the finals. These guys have basically been playing every-other night for six or seven weeks at this point, with the exception of any break they get by finishing a series early. Having to win four best-of-sevens is already a battle of attrition. This year happens to be extreme on travel distance, vs. something like the Pens/Pres, Black Hawks/Bruins or Flyers, Blues/Bruins.

The NBA does the same thing. In fact, for years the NBA Finals best of seven was a 2-3-2 sequence to minimize the impacts (goes back to the yearly Celtics/Lakers Finals), but they decided that change diminished the advantage that the higher seed had so they switched back.

It's tougher on us fans, but I think I see the point. The cumulative effects of travel have little to do with the condition these guys are in. Even the best conditioned athletes or people who travel almost constantly know how it effs up sleep patterns and such.

For me, the withdrawal of going from one or more playoff games every night to having nights of no games is worse than an extra one to three days to get through the finals.

Reactions: CanuckCity

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I'll be in Chicago and have too many evening things going on so I'll be unable to watch game 6 or game 7 if it happens so I hope it ends tonight.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Please can we not choke this.

If we blow this this I might just be done with hockey. Like 3 decades of failure please just get it over with.
Even if you lose tonight (and I think you guys come out flying), you still got 2 chances to close out the series. Odds are heavily in your favour.

Obviously hoping for an Oilers win here, but still a huge hill to climb.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
If it was a done deal there was no reason to tune into Game 4... but oh lawd it is NOT a done deal.

As much as I'd like to get on with my summer and end this rollercoaster I have to say that I would LOVE to see Walt, Brady, and family back in Roger's Place this summer.

I feel like this Game 5 is gonna be THE hardest game of the playoffs for the Oily boys. Game 4 is over and the Panthers will adjust and rebound.

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
Really hope the panthers end this tonight. I hope Bob avenges himself and gets a shutout after all those fans were laughing at him. Would be more epic if he shut them out in Edmonton but im over these huge breaks between games already. Come on cats go get that first title at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad