SCF Game 5: Florida Panthers Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 8:00PM ET 5:00PM PT | TNT, TBS, TruTV, CBC, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
The 6 year drought is almost over!
You know, it's almost like a perfect start for this franchise if you think about it.

Year one, build the hype. Get to the finals (out of nowhere), get your fan base excited, but don't win but get your fans a taste of the cup. I think had they won, it wouldn't have been as good long-term.

Fast forward a few years to today, and now they're on the verge of hoisting it, which will cement the team's legacy.

Just imagine had this happened to the Coyotes and just where that franchise (and fan base) would be today had they had the same early success as the Golden Knights have.

H I S T O R I C

Apr 24, 2019
Should have seen LeBron's

o3yb5l6odgrrm0rddyic.png

"This part of my life never happened, alright?"

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Florida desperately needs the first goal.

Get up on Vegas and let Bob settle in.

I have a feeling that if Vegas scores first, it will deflate the cats and the flood gates will open.

I was thinking the reverse. Vegas going down 0-1 always settles them down and wakes them up, but if they go up they are likely to turtle and try to ride a 1-0 lead the rest of the game.

Reactions: IceNeophyte

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
You know, it's almost like a perfect start for this franchise if you think about it.

Year one, build the hype. Get to the finals (out of nowhere), get your fan base excited, but don't win but get your fans a taste of the cup. I think had they won, it wouldn't have been as good long-term.

Fast forward a few years to today, and now they're on the verge of hoisting it, which will cement the team's legacy.

Just imagine had this happened to the Coyotes and just where that franchise (and fan base) would be today had they had the same early success as the Golden Knights have.

Or how about Colorado, winning the first year after relocating?

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Florida definitely had the better of the early play. Vegas with a little pushback but pretty sloppy start. Definitely some jitters in those wrists.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
Florida still looking like turnover machines blindly sending pucks down ice. they are trying as hard as they can early like the heat, lose their legs in the second period gassed and dominated then vegas shells with the lead in the third.

H I S T O R I C

Apr 24, 2019
Florida teams are banned from playing in a Finals after this year, I have not been entertained. Mostly disappointed with the lack of drama. Okay, I laughed a little, but do I really have to settle for less when I know I deserve more?

Reactions: Summer Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad