SCF GAME 5 - 8:00 PM - St. Louis (2) @ BRUINS (2) - NBC, CBC, SN(4K), TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Connor McDavid would have scored 5 times by now on this St. Louis team. I am so pumped for the upcoming season as this post season has shown that the Oilers can beat any team in the league. Now that we've got a proper GM in Holland and world class coach in Tippet this organization has the stability and core pieces to win Cups.

What world?

Reactions: Nathaniel Lauharn

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Do you play hockey? If you do, go poke the goalie in the gut like Marchand does and see if you get called. It's called 100% of the time.

Not only do you get a penalty for it you get mauled by an opposing defender. Hell I once was in all out brawl because my goalie got love tapped on his skate blade (or as far away from his body as his pads allowed)

HackeyFanz

Dec 8, 2017
Barbashev is an embarrassment. All he can do is run around and headhunt. Everything the league wants to eliminate

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Good goaltending on both sides so far. Binnington was busier but some of those bang bang saves Rask made were pretty tough.

Calling the Blues power play a dumpster fire probably isn't fair to dumpster fires.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Not only do you get a penalty for it you get mauled by an opposing defender. Hell I once was in all out brawl because my goalie got love tapped on his skate blade (or as far away from his body as his pads allowed)

Exactly. Then you likely get a suspension as well. I don't know how this guy thinks it's not even a 2 minute penalty.

PeanutButter37

Feb 20, 2015

There are a lot of things that a usually "Always called". Those things are NOT being called in this series. That doesn't seem like a play that crossed the arbitrary line the refs seem to have drawn. Whether is was scummy or not if a different conversation.

Reactions: CamMac

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc

I've played high level hockey and won many many personal and team achievements and let me tell you the first thing real pros and champions make sure of is that they don't broadcast their accolades, they are humble and modest and keep it on the down-low.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I loved what espn said about Chara:

An NHL spokesperson said Thursday morning that Chara is unable to speak clearly right now, not because of the injury to his jaw, but because he has spent so much time in Boston.
ESPN knows there’s a sport called hockey still? Serious question.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
happening again...

dVzWkCD.gif

Reactions: SjMilhouse

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
There are a lot of things that a usually "Always called". Those things are NOT being called in this series. That doesn't seem like a play that crossed the arbitrary line the refs seem to have drawn. Whether is was scummy or not if a different conversation.

Spearing the goalie crosses any line, whether the line is on the extreme end of conservative or not

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009

A spear to the goalie will always be called. If he had tapped his pad or something there he wouldn't have gotten a penalty but he speared him. Thats a penalty

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I've played high level hockey and won many many personal and team achievements and let me tell you the first thing real pros and champions make sure of is that they don't broadcast their accolades, they are humble and modest and keep it on the down-low.

Isn't that exactly what you're not doing though with your "many many personal and team achievements"?

Just pointing out that one of The first things they teach you in freaking pee wee is dont f*** with the goalie if you dont want your head knocked off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad