SCF Game 2: Florida Panthers Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 8:00PM ET 5:00PM PT | TNT, TBS, TRUTV, CBC, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Do you agree that the Nature Boy was way better than the Hitman?

Or do you think that opinion is questionable?
Haven't watched in about 30 years.....Late 80's early 90's when i was a little kid i was totally hooked. though......Lol

To answer your question i think Ric was more entertaining than Bret even though i am Canadian and Bret does give an awesome shoot interview......

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I think if Vegas continues to play at that level, they'll win the series. It will be tough to do. They're at their best playing on their toes, challenging every single puck, pressuring every puck carrier, and playing on instinct. As soon as they take their foot off the gas, they'll lose pretty handily, as we saw in the Dallas series.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I think after getting crosschecked and shoved, the refs decided to give Hill the one punch.
O for sure Adin Hill threw a punch. I definitely would have sent a player in for a couple. Tbh I was shocked only one guy got sent in. I figured it would end up VGK favored but maybe 2 to 3 guys each.

I think the last 5 minutes sticks in my head a lot more however seeing guys held and getting punched. If that isn't gooning idk what is.

I watch a lot of hockey and I prefer watching skill take over.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
the idea that a record-setting offensive team with skill up and down the line-up flipped a switch and are now goons is pretty silly. we've got a couple of guys who toe the line in gudas and Bennett (there last year) and one new guy who likes to annoy the opponent with an occasional after-whistle face wash. big deal.

"one new guy who likes to annoy the opponent with an occasional after-whistle face wash. big deal."

Tkachuk is far more disgraceful than that with his act after whistles. Multiple two handed slashes, cross checks, spot picking. Willing to fight Pastrnak/Eichel but turtles against anyone tougher. Why be Iginla when he can be a 6'2 dislikable Marchand?

Let alone the rest of your defense of this team. They are closer to goon than skill aside from a handful of the players such as Barkov. A very persistent, strong forechecking roster which capitalizes on high danger mistakes by the opponent for the majority of scoring chances.

The narrative of a team of lovable heroes is hard to buy after watching these playoffs. Florida is no victim in these scrums.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Got some breaking news, hot off the press, just came in.:naughty:

FB_IMG_1685995140322.jpg

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
"one new guy who likes to annoy the opponent with an occasional after-whistle face wash. big deal."

Tkachuk is far more disgraceful than that with his act after whistles. Multiple two handed slashes, cross checks, spot picking. Willing to fight Pastrnak/Eichel but turtles against anyone tougher. Why be Iginla when he can be a 6'2 dislikable Marchand?

Let alone the rest of your defense of this team. They are closer to goon than skill aside from a handful of the players such as Barkov. A very persistent, strong forechecking roster which capitalizes on high danger mistakes by the opponent for the majority of scoring chances.

The narrative of a team of lovable heroes is hard to buy after watching these playoffs. Florida is no victim in these scrums.

man... I'm also a fan of the Bs and this just sounds like sour grapes.

I really can't believe you call yourself a Bs fan and are here crying about Chucky. (and I love marchand - my kid wears 63).

barkovcanfinnish

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL

Personally I wouldn’t call us lovable heroes. Lovable villains however, yeah probably.

I don’t mind it that way. I don’t see our team as being a completely honorable lawful-good type. We got some guys who play on the edge or downright dirty for sure. But every single team has guys like that and a lot of them have won Stanley Cups too.

The narrative in my head is we’ve had to go through a gauntlet to get here and we’ll do whatever it takes to win. Vegas doesn’t respect the Panthers. We’re pretenders to them.

Hopefully, as a Panthers fan, we show them tonight that we’re not gonna roll over and die.

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
How long into the first before Bennett tries to kill someone. Funny how you never notice him unless he's headhunting or pulling some wrestling move. I guarantee he's going to try and injure someone tonight.

Reactions: Summer Rose

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
How long into the first before Bennett tries to kill someone. Funny how you never notice him unless he's headhunting or pulling some wrestling move. I guarantee he's going to try and injure someone tonight.

another sour grapes Bs fan? you guys are disappointing me.

you ought to know better - he had a big impact on the Bs series and it wasn't solely because of his physical play. he's fast and tough but he's got good hands and decent vision.

I'm happy to never notice 11 points in 16 playoff games.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Going to go with a 5-3 Knights prediction tonight.

Kolesar, Karlsson, Stone, Marchessault, Theodore.

Final score probably set in the 10th min of the 3rd. Tough play and then goonery ensure.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
For as wack as NHL Network tends to be, I’ve kind of liked their extended pregame coverage so far.

Last time it was this good was probably 2018. ;)

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
this is a fun and easy narrative but I don't think it holds any water.

the idea that a record-setting offensive team with skill up and down the line-up flipped a switch and are now goons is pretty silly. we've got a couple of guys who toe the line in gudas and Bennett (there last year) and one new guy who likes to annoy the opponent with an occasional after-whistle face wash. big deal.

the knights won because they managed the puck better and finished more chances.

if the panthers can't get to their forecheck tonight, they'll end up spending more time in their zone and will have a tough time again. they need to a) hope they have their playoff legs tonight and b) do a better job in the NZ so that they can get on the VGK D quickly and make their lives more difficult. Saturday night was too easy.
Hmmm. Ok fair, but I Think you have sone of it backwards. They didn’t flip the switch and become goons. They have players who inherently are extremely focused on getting a team off their game with after the whistle stuff. They’ve done it in every series.

What I said was I think they have the ability to recognize when that stops being effective and scale it back. Try ate the switch I’m referring to. And you can capture it well actually saying they need to get in on the forecheck quicker and make the D work. I agree…less of the after whistle bullshit. More of the between whistles intensity.

Looking forward to this game, I expect sone really fun hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad