SCF Game 2: Florida Panthers Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 8:00PM ET 5:00PM PT | TNT, TBS, TRUTV, CBC, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

bettman_phone.jpg

"Get every ref to report to Area 51 NOW!"

18x4i327m84fwjpg.jpg

1297361782002_original.jpg

"I've called you all here today to Conspiracy Central, to discuss our ongoing pro Vegas operations."

garybettman.jpg

"As you know, we ceased abducting visiting teams and Injecting them with "Vegas Flu" after the families became suspicious"

NHL-Commissioner-Gary-Bettman-NHL-Draft.jpg

"But as you all are aware Operation: Refs Blow was a monumental success. By only ever making calls in Vegas's favor we guaranteed them a Cup Finals appearance."

0205BETTMAN-scaled-e1644023884139.jpg

"And lets not forget, LTIRapalooza"

images

"But fans of the other teams are noticing, so I will now hand it over to Charlie who will run through this years plan"

"Thank you Gary, as you can see here the plan to help Vegas this year is to not help them, Coaches Challenges? Failed! Penalties? Call lots against them, 8 is a nice number. If another team takes a blatant penalty, you didn't see it. But make a weak call against them with 2 periods left to play, that's how we'll get them through"

images

"Question. doesn't Vegas's Powerplay really really suck?"

Charlie-DAY.jpg

"No, that's genius of it. it is acutally better than Edmontons, it just pretends to be terribly inept to throw everyone off guard. I mean you'd never hear of a team ever scoring shorthanded against Vegas powerplay."

Bill-Money-Gif.jpg

"Oh Gary! I'm glad I caught you. You forgot your laundry"

Gary-Gift.jpg

"Thank you Bill, You also forgot your laundry"

web1_2016-0330-5504_6607900.jpg

"To Evil"
"To Evil Indeed Bill"
Great work on the GDT @hangman005 !
IMG_4844.gif

Hope we get another entertaining game but with an OT finish.

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Bruce Cassidy, 2019: faced with the Blues at times questionable physical and post whistle tactics

Bruce Cassidy, 2023: different opponent same issue, but worse.

It’s part of playoff hockey, some here call it “identity” and it’s clear that the Panthers identity is more than agitate.

I think he’s got the squad to deal with it and (a) winning game 1 plus (b) coming out on the right end of the scrums may prove huge going forward.

I think the Panthers have the ability to flip the switch and alter their aggressiveness a bit if the tactics aren’t working but let’s see what they do in G2 and how the refs handle.

this is a fun and easy narrative but I don't think it holds any water.

the idea that a record-setting offensive team with skill up and down the line-up flipped a switch and are now goons is pretty silly. we've got a couple of guys who toe the line in gudas and Bennett (there last year) and one new guy who likes to annoy the opponent with an occasional after-whistle face wash. big deal.

the knights won because they managed the puck better and finished more chances.

if the panthers can't get to their forecheck tonight, they'll end up spending more time in their zone and will have a tough time again. they need to a) hope they have their playoff legs tonight and b) do a better job in the NZ so that they can get on the VGK D quickly and make their lives more difficult. Saturday night was too easy.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
this is a fun and easy narrative but I don't think it holds any water.

the idea that a record-setting offensive team with skill up and down the line-up flipped a switch and are now goons is pretty silly. we've got a couple of guys who toe the line in gudas and Bennett (there last year) and one new guy who likes to annoy the opponent with an occasional after-whistle face wash. big deal.

the knights won because they managed the puck better and finished more chances.

if the panthers can't get to their forecheck tonight, they'll end up spending more time in their zone and will have a tough time again. they need to a) hope they have their playoff legs tonight and b) do a better job in the NZ so that they can get on the VGK D quickly and make their lives more difficult. Saturday night was too easy.

I just want to chime in and say there definitely isn't 0 skill on the line up. Lots of skill.

However Sam Bennet and Tkachuk are definitely gooning it up. Also not everyone watches every game in the playoffs and they are a hockey fan and finally they watch a Panthers game. This first game is what they see so they can only formulate an opinion off this one game.
Let me tell you they looked like goons.

Both can be true skilled and goonish.

Reactions: Summer Rose

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I just want to chime in and say there definitely isn't 0 skill on the line up. Lots of skill.

However Sam Bennet and Tkachuk are definitely gooning it up. Also not everyone watches every game in the playoffs and they are a hockey fan and finally they watch a Panthers game. This first game is what they see so they can only formulate an opinion off this one game.

I don’t think they care. Florida is a physical team that plays old-school hockey so it’s not as if they’re gonna change it up. If you want to call it “gooning it up” then have at it.

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA

eh...

all we're seeing is some after-whistle scrums. nobody's throwing hands.

also, there's a narrative in the press (being reflected here) that VGK is somehow better than that and not getting involved. huh??? adin hill threw a punch (that should've been called)! all their players were just as involved as any panther with the exception of Chucky, who goes a little overboard sometimes.

I guess I'd close with this - if you think Saturday night was goonish, you haven't been watching hockey that long.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
eh...

all we're seeing is some after-whistle scrums. nobody's throwing hands.

also, there's a narrative in the press (being reflected here) that VGK is somehow better than that and not getting involved. huh??? adin hill threw a punch (that should've been called)! all their players were just as involved as any panther with the exception of Chucky, who goes a little overboard sometimes.

I guess I'd close with this - if you think Saturday night was goonish, you haven't been watching hockey that long.

O for sure Adin Hill threw a punch. I definitely would have sent a player in for a couple. Tbh I was shocked only one guy got sent in. I figured it would end up VGK favored but maybe 2 to 3 guys each.

I think the last 5 minutes sticks in my head a lot more however seeing guys held and getting punched. If that isn't gooning idk what is.

I watch a lot of hockey and I prefer watching skill take over.

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
O for sure Adin Hill threw a punch. I definitely would have sent a player in for a couple. Tbh I was shocked only one guy got sent in. I figured it would end up VGK favored but maybe 2 to 3 guys each.

I think the last 5 minutes sticks in my head a lot more however seeing guys held and getting punched. If that isn't gooning idk what is.

I watch a lot of hockey and I prefer watching skill take over.

panthers deserved more there at the end for sure and I don't want to suggest officiating played a major role. VGK was the better team.

but teams venting frustration at the end of a lost game is nothing new. happens every year. VGK was grabbing and wrestling, too. like I said, chuck went a little overboard when he popped eichel and he was penalized for it. the rest was just scrums.

we're arguing semantics here but to be precise, the use of the word goon comes from the style we saw starting in the 70s. what we saw in the last 5 minutes does not come close to that.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Vegas looked considerably better than Florida last game.

Florida needs to put the foot on the gas and get the forecheck going again. Vegas is protecting Hill incredibly well, but he is beatable. Florida needs to get pressure. VGK is good tho. Will be hard.
I thought Florida looks better in the first fifteen minutes. Not by a lot but enough that I was thinking Vegas needs to start outworking them. And they did. Just gonna have to keep to that philosophy. Whatever level they bring, exceed it. Their bodies can rest after the series is over.

Jul 6, 2016
Vegas has more depth and a way better D-Corp than Florida. Only Bobrovsky can steal that series if he come back to what he has done in their first three series.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I'm late to the party but I'm just now noticing that Vegas' slogan is spelled "UKnight". I would like everyone to know that, for this reason and this reason alone, I hate them and hope the Panthers win the next three games by a combined score of 83 to 2.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Vegas has more depth and a way better D-Corp than Florida. Only Bobrovsky can steal that series if he come back to what he has done in their first three series.
Disagree. If Florida's forechecking can be consistently as high pressure as it was in the first 15 minutes of game 1, they have more than a fair shot. This series could very easily turn into a battle of attrition with the winner coming down to who can skate harder and win physical battles.

I'd agree we have the depth but the effort level hasn't been consistent. For instance, last series, it could have easily been 2-1 for Vegas instead of 3-0 but as soon as it was 3-0 it was like they took their foot off the gas until game 6 where they absolutely dominated the Stars in the first period and put the game out of reach (they still gave Dallas space to push back in the second).

The only way this is a short series win for Vegas is if they never have effort lapses and Bob can't find a way to stand on his head again. When Vegas is giving 100% they're a hard team to play against. But they don't always give that much effort. Even Game 1 I thought there were phases of the game that could've used more hustle.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm late to the party but I'm just now noticing that Vegas' slogan is spelled "UKnight". I would like everyone to know that, for this reason and this reason alone, I hate them and hope the Panthers win the next three games by a combined score of 83 to 2.
Well I hope the hockey gods have tapped out of their goodwill to the wishes and whims of the Blackhawks fanbase with Bedard and they decline to do you any favors.

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Vegas looked considerably better than Florida last game.

Florida needs to put the foot on the gas and get the forecheck going again. Vegas is protecting Hill incredibly well, but he is beatable. Florida needs to get pressure. VGK is good tho. Will be hard.
I hope i don't upset anyone for bringing up off topic issues into this but i was looking at some wrestling videos on youtube and i could of swore i saw you in the comment section.....You were saying Ric Flair was way better than Bret Hart ....

Was that you ? I could of swore it was the same picture you use on this site.......As soon as i saw it i said to myself " that's the guy from hf boards"......Lol

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
I hope i don't upset anyone for bringing up off topic issues into this but i was looking at some wrestling videos on youtube and i could of swore i saw you in the comment section.....You were saying Ric Flair was way better than Bret Hart ....

Was that you ? I could of swore it was the same picture you use on this site.......As soon as i saw it i said to myself " that's the guy from hf boards"......Lol
Google "Blackops2cel" lol

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
I thought Florida looks better in the first fifteen minutes. Not by a lot but enough that I was thinking Vegas needs to start outworking them. And they did. Just gonna have to keep to that philosophy. Whatever level they bring, exceed it. Their bodies can rest after the series is over.

I do think FLA was better earlier than later. hank pointed out on the post game show that when you haven't played a game in a while, your stamina can drop off, even when you're running hard practices. there's no simulating game pace and physicality.

that's one explanation for the good start and slow-down.

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA

both teams have made it to the final.

VGK isn't *that* much deeper or that much stronger on the backend.

bob's definitely been big but he has not done it by himself.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018

Do you agree that the Nature Boy was way better than the Hitman?

Or do you think that opinion is questionable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad