SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I'll say this..

If Paul Maurice somehow pulls Florida back together to get the W in game 7, he's a first ballot HHOFer

And if EDM wins.. man it would suck to be Jay Woodcroft
Not really, Florida is a great team and it's a winner take all game with Florida at home. They could easily win if they finally get a couple lucky breaks and/or score first. When the Panthers have the lead by midway through the game, and especially going into the 3rd, they are dominant.

tabness

be a playa 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
Honestly thought I would be more psyched for this game and game 7 but the scheduling delays are completely destroying the momentum of this series, missed the early part of the game and when I turned it on Oilers already took a 1-0 lead and you just sorta knew the result of the game then, it simply wasn't as exciting as game 5 or even game 4 despite that being a massive blowout.

Doesn't help that Keith Tkachuk was absolutely right that the Panthers are a bunch of p***yes lol I hope these guys at least go back to the classic uniform for game 7, win or choke in style at least

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Meh EDM would not be in this position with Woodcroft. That guy was in way over his head the day he was hired.

Woodcroft is the pujularvi of coaches

I was a big Woodcroft fan but he wouldn’t have made the Pickard switch in the Van series and the Oil probably would’ve been out in the 2nd round

Put yourself in his shoes tho. After having such great success with this team there's no way your not thinking this could've been you.

And tbf I think the turnaround was more McDavid getting healthy & the players pulling it together, tho I agree Knoblauch has made some difference making decisions in the playoffs.

Not really, Florida is a great team and it's a winner take all game with Florida at home. They could easily win if they finally get a couple lucky breaks and/or score first. When the Panthers have the lead by midway through the game, and especially going into the 3rd, they are dominant.

But this is the toughest challenge of Maurice's career, and it's the coaches job to get the players ready to play.

I didn't think they started as confidently tonight as they did in game 5, if he can find something to give them a spark that would be big. I do agree them scoring first will be massive.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Sort of like Maurice calling out Knoblauch for the idiocy of that challenge. That was really a dumb decision even if it was correct

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I'm rooting for Edmonton but hopefully a call like tonight will help get offsides review out of the game.

I've said it a hundred times it's the worst rule in sports. A goal should not be called back for fractions of an inch on a bang bang play like that.

It just kills the momentum of a game, it's not what the rule was meant for. Hockey is too fast for offsides to be one hundred percent correct all the time and that's ok.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I was a big Woodcroft fan but he wouldn’t have made the Pickard switch in the Van series and the Oil probably would’ve been out in the 2nd round

Woodcroft probably doesn't even do the Broberg move in the Stars series and what Knoblauch did tonight with Foegle after 2 good wins and it paid dividends. I was very skeptical of the Knoblauch hire because the Oilers PDO stats were in the trash with Skinner starting off the season horrendous. But yeah, Knoblauch has been tremendous this playoffs, he deserves his flowers for the Oilers getting back in this series just as much as the players

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
This has to be the most anticipated game 7 Stanley Cup final in league history.

No NHL or big 4 league team has comeback in the 4th round down 3-0.

The Oilers have absolutely dominated since being down 3-0.

No Canadian team has won the Cup for 30 years.

The NFL doesn’t play series but the Patriots being down 28-3 with a quarter and a half of football left in the Super Bowl and winning is just as impressive if not more.

UpHere

Feelin' it
Jun 16, 2009
I blame koulias (sp?) on nhl radio - he said something was bound to happen with the calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad