SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
A. He didn’t practice yesterday.
B. No one has yet to offer why in the world the Panthers would remove its best player, who was owning “McDrai,” with 9+ minutes left in a 2-1 game.

People can’t really believe the Panthers ushered him off the ice, when the Oil had plenty of time left to tie it up and win, because in a moment’s notice they realized if they did…draisaitl would….i mean come on.
Barkov missed a power play and the final 7 minutes of a 3-1, 4-1 game.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

oil4life97

Aug 10, 2005
Those of you having a field day with the Draisaitl hit while Bennett runs around taking runs at opposing star players is simply laughable. Foegole not even making knee contact and receiving 5 and a game and calls for a suspension is beyond laughable. Nothing like dishing out and crying foul when you receive your own medicine. Rather despicable if you ask me.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Well it doesn’t fit the narrative that the wonderful people of Edmonton have concocted
It’s crazy.
Barkov missed a power play and the final 7 minutes of a 3-1, 4-1 game.
Noooo. He went off at 2-1, Erod finally scored on the PP. There was over 9 minutes left. Him leaving at 2-1 made zero sense as some ploy. Especially concocted that quickly.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
It’s crazy.

Noooo. He went off at 2-1, Erod finally scored on the PP. There was over 9 minutes left. Him leaving at 2-1 made zero sense as some ploy. Especially concocted that quickly.
It wasn't a ploy.

He was shook up after the hit. No doubt. So if course he didn't play for that.

But then Florida quickly scored to make it 3-1 and the game looked out of reach. No reason to play barkov out of an abundance of caution and gamesmanship

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
It wasn't a ploy.

But then Florida quickly scored to make it 3-1 and the game looked out of reach. No reason to play barkov out of an abundance of caution and gamesmanship
Edmonton fans will tell you he wasn’t hurt at all and barely any contact was made. Including the comment right above yours.

Edit: wow it was removed. Edmonton posts are getting deleted fast around here so they don’t look bad.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
It wasn't a ploy.

For some who wouldn’t carry on if mcdavid and Drai were injured, you sure spend a lot of time carrying on about Barkov.

They still had mcdavid and draisaitl. It wasn’t a “quick score, it took time. Barkov was shutting team down, no way Maurice was going to take that chance for some ploy. Just stop. It’s ridiculous.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
It will never fail to amuse me how much salt Boston is generating over Florida employing their tactics, lol.
It will forever amaze me how easily triggered some fans (note the absence of generalizing about a particular fan base) are by a benign comment that was simply answering an overreaction in another post with an offsetting under reaction and how that will often be attributed to an entire opposing fan base.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stanley Cup Boundd

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I can see the Oilers tying up this series. They bring it, they just need to do better when they get the chances, if they want a shot.
I can’t see it. The Panthers are just too deep, too well coached and Bob is on his game.

Mcdavid was flying in game 2 yet there was most often nothing to shoot at, no play to be made. How that is happening I am not quite sure from an Xs and Os perspective but it’s clearly more than Barkov and Bob.

No team this playoff run has found a way to deal with their defensive approach. None. I don’t see that changing now.

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
People forget Barkov was hit high in LA earlier this season before the ASG and wore a full cage for a few games before the break, could have been related, could have been the league spotters, no one on the team even mentioned the hit after the game, he was just evaluated the next day and was able to practice today.

We aren't pulling our best forward out for theatrics at any point of any game, makes no sense to do so unless he was held out for a real reason.

Anyone that thought a suspension was coming, should give their head a shake, not at this stage of the playoffs, same reason no one will be fighting.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I can see the Oilers tying up this series. They bring it, they just need to do better when they get the chances, if they want a shot.
It’s sports and anything can happen.
But the very rare teams who do overcome a 2-0 deficit and win 4 out of the next 5 games usually had amazing goaltending. Boston was the last team to do it in 2011 and Tim Thomas had an historically great playoffs. Skinner’s playoff stats give very little hope that he’s capable of winning 4 out of 5. Florida is just so deep at every position.

Last edited:

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
It will forever amaze me how easily triggered some fans (note the absence of generalizing about a particular fan base) are by a benign comment that was simply answering an overreaction in another post with an offsetting under reaction and how that will be attributed to an entire fan base.

Who is triggered? Why would you be wading in to take a potshot at Barkov? Surely because you aren't angry/mad at the Panthers.

And what is with the constant 'you're literally meaning ALL fans of an ENTIRE fan base?!?!?!' when I was speaking in a general sense. It's happened like 4x or so from my recollection this playoffs.

All I said is that salt was being generated by Boston fans. Not literally every single Boston fan is seething. Good grief.

E: Nice stealth edit, lmao. I'll leave you to seething over Tkachuk, as you have been for about a month or so now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad