Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (FLA Leads 3-2)

Who do you have?

• Florida in 4

Votes: 55 4.3%
  • Florida in 5

Votes: 187 14.6%
  • Florida in 6

Votes: 377 29.5%
  • Florida in 7

Votes: 106 8.3%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 53 4.1%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 332 26.0%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 148 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png
IMG_6405.jpeg

Last edited:

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
McDavid is unbelievable. I admittedly am not an oilers guy as I’m a salty leaf fan. But he’s hard to bet against.

With that being said, FLA in 6. This team is really good and doesn’t do 7 game series it seems.

Scema12

Oct 7, 2015
Kane is the x factor in my eyes. If Tkachuk/Bennett wakes the bear up, look out...

So has Forsling overtaken Ekblad as the best dman on the Panthers? Seems like 6 solid guys on the back end
Probably, ekblads getting a tad overrated. He has the most giveaways at 20 rn, which is crazy.

mkatcherin00

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Right, Dallas was touted as the deepest and most complete team in the NHL until Edmonton eliminated them.

I'd love for someone to make an argument when it comes to how exactly Florida is deeper than Dallas.
It's parroting 90% of the time. People were jerking it over dallas' depth. Fans6. Media. Didn't impress me at all and Oilers depth came through

The teams the Oilers played were also better defensively than anybody Florida played

Florida is penalized the most. Let's see if that trend continues

Edmonton has the most 5v5 goals this playoffs. Florida has allowed the least as well

Last edited:
Reactions: McClelland

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Oh, if Florida wins, Panther fans will have about 20X as many FUs to give. ;)

Should be a great series.
Yes, because a lot of Oilers fans are bashing the Panthers on these boards..

Most understand that we are underdogs going against a pretty solid team.

• Wow
Reactions: sanscosm

snag

Feb 22, 2014

A Chicken or the egg type of dilemna

At the end of the day....still a turtle ;)

1717704662379.png

Yes, because a lot of Oilers fans are bashing the Panthers on these boards..

Most understand that we are underdogs going against a pretty solid team.

Oh it will be a good one. I will never rip on or bash their skill :) But are we underdogs? I mean really underdogs to the point that is a storyline?

In the last 82 games....which conveniently negates the shitty start and includes all the playoffs, the teams are:
Oilers: 56-21-5
Panthers: 53-24-5 (which is actually only 1 point better than their actual season record....so they are steady as it comes)

I say they are pretty close. Where one team excels over the other is balanced out in other ways. I think we are in for a treat.....so long as the Oilers play their game and get average goaltending :)

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
they are there. Dismissive replies such as “that’s what we heard about Dallas!”.
Laughing at the idea that Forsling is actually very good. Dismissing the idea that Barkov might be able to slow down McDavid. “They’re gonna cheap shot their way to the Cup”....
There’s also a lot of what you describe, as well. Not trying to say that there aren’t some here being dismissive of the Oilers, too. This series is going to be great and highly contested. At least the Oilers are on their way to FL today. We’re getting closer to game 1!
We've got Panthers fans saying similar things going the other way. Downplaying the Oilers, saying they'll run over Bouchard, hell a Florida media person called McDavid "McOverrated" so it's hardly been one sided.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Panthers are a hell of a team, but you are also going against Mcdavid and Drai
I don't think we've seen McDavid and Draisaitl both on their A games yet in a series these playoffs. Draisaitl was vs LA and Van, McDavid was against Dallas. If they both get going at the same time and we get some saves, they might just do this thing.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Ekblad hasn’t been the same since his numerous leg injuries over the last few years.
I'll admit, I haven't watched the Panthers much at all this year, aside from in the playoffs of course.

You mentioned his leg injuries, you've noticed it has effected his skating quite a bit or?

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
East isnt good these days, Dallas Vegas, Colorado or Oilers is all contenders.

Think Fla-Colorado had been a close one, but the other 3 teams is much better.
Please. Quit making shit up. Three of the top 5 teams in the league were in the East, including the President's Trophy winners. The three shittiest teams in the league were in the West, two of which were in the Pacific. :laugh:

Too bad Dallas, Colorado and Vegas had to take each other out by the WCF. That said, Edmonton is full marks for being where they are.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Tampa had one foot out the door this post season. They have 4-5 players and that is about it.....I actually think the Kings beat Tampa in a series this year.

But the narrative is entrenched so it was only the Oilers who played duds in the Playoffs this year.
Not a chance. Tampa was playing great hockey leading into the playoffs this post doesn't make sense. Cam Talbot vs Vasilevski and L.A's undersized D core way less elite talent. I have no dog in this fight to think L.A is better than Tampa is comical. They have 13 returning players after winning a cup. What are you talking about 4-5 good players. You quoted my post I said both teams are deserving to be in the finals. Did you even read it?.....

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Right, Dallas was touted as the deepest and most complete team in the NHL until Edmonton eliminated them.

I'd love for someone to make an argument when it comes to how exactly Florida is deeper than Dallas.
Florida is quite clearly a better team there are endless arguments. Harder, heavier team in general. Much deeper on D.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
We've got Panthers fans saying similar things going the other way. Downplaying the Oilers, saying they'll run over Bouchard, hell a Florida media person called McDavid "McOverrated" so it's hardly been one sided.
Yes, I mentioned in my comment that there were some Panthers fans doing the same.
And nobody thinks the Herald writer is knowledgeable about hockey. He’s just trying to get attention for himself.
edit; the Herald just found out where the arena even was 3 years ago

I'll admit, I haven't watched the Panthers much at all this year, aside from in the playoffs of course.

You mentioned his leg injuries, you've noticed it has effected his skating quite a bit or?
Yes, but then again, he was never really fast.

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
as for East vs West, the top 6 teams in the East were excellent, but they could barely scrape together eight playoff teams. I feel like there are more good teams in the West right now, but also more shit ones. It tends to change. A few years ago the opposite was the case.

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
Not a chance. Tampa was playing great hockey leading into the playoffs this post doesn't make sense. Cam Talbot vs Vasilevski and L.A's undersized D core way less elite talent. I have no dog in this fight to think L.A is better than Tampa is comical. They have 13 returning players after winning a cup. What are you talking about 4-5 good players. You quoted my post I said both teams are deserving to be in the finals. Did you even read it?.....

Kings had 99 points on the year....Bolts had 98.......meh

Talbot is bad but Vasilevskiy was sub .900 in the playoffs......meh

LA's undersized D core gave up the 3rd least amount of goals in the NHL this season. Tampa was 22nd in that metric.......meh

LA had a GF/GA differential of +44 and Tampa was +21 on the season.....meh

But yeah the Bolts were elite and ready for Cup run and the Kings were draft lottery fodder. Comical indeed.

And I did read your post and I was making a point about your comments on the Kings being terrible. Which I do not think is the truth and the season stats support it.

There are a few teams in the East that are living on prior seasons and I think they have been overrated.

Reactions: SaltNPeca

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad