Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 263 75.1%
  • Florida

Votes: 87 24.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Report me for an opinion on hockey players? Lol, thats so soft. Go to HF Oil if your brought to tears by a lack of Bouchard butt-kissing. 6-10 are very close, could make a case they are interchangeable.

Ekholm is a better overall defenseman than Bouchard imo, Forsling has been rock-solid for the Panthers all playoffs, Carter Verhaeghe is a 40 goal scorer & PPG in the playoffs, Bobrovsky is a Vezina finalist, Hyman is leading the playoffs in goals. Its the SCF there are alot of good players, sorry your favourite isn't higher on my list - atleast respond with your own rather than crying.
I mean. This isn't the same thing as preferring green over blue, or preferring salmon over tuna.

You don't rank players by "opinions." You can't, for example, state that Pat Maroon is a better hockey player than Connor McDavid and call it an opinion. That's called being wrong.

Stats completely disagree with many things that you're saying,

Reactions: fancy dan

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I mean. This isn't the same thing as preferring green over blue, or preferring salmon over tuna.

You don't rank players by "opinions." You can't, for example, state that Pat Maroon is a better hockey player than Connor McDavid and call it an opinion. That's called being wrong.

and he disagrees with you.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia

Okay then re-rank them in your proper order

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
The subject was Tkachuk folding like a lawn chair.

There actually aren’t clips cause like I said all Kane had to do was mindf***k him and he disappeared. Literally did nothing physical in 5 Battle of Alberta games, just chirped back and forth with Kane. Dude was scared. Dudes always scared when an alpha actually wants him to answer the bell.
You seem pretty concerned with Tkachuk

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
The Stars were a better team than Florida who had a tougher path in the playoffs than Florida, and an aggressive forecheck is what defines the Stars' identity. They did not sit back vs the Oilers at all, and although I'm sure the Florida forecheck is great, it's not as good as what the Stars can do.

But yes we will see how things pan out on the ice. Until then we can have these spirited discussions, which is fun.
If that was an aggressive forecheck, then wait until you get a load of Florida. You have no idea what you are in for.

Cskavars

May 25, 2018
2 big things i'm watching on each side
- Will Edmonton's D be able to handle the Florida forecheck and pressure?
- Will Florida be able to limit the breakaways and odd man rushes they tend to give up a couple times a game from being so aggressive?

These are my 2 biggest questions 5v5

offcourse special teams will likely be the difference

Jan 13, 2023
If that was an aggressive forecheck, then wait until you get a load of Florida. You have no idea what you are in for.
Really looking forward to it. Dallas was really disappointing after all the hype they got. Florida is unimpressive on paper, but if Biz and Whit are telling me that the Florida forecheck is demonic then I definitely believe them.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Many felt the same about Dallas but the Oilers special teams dominance ended up being too much to overcome.

Look at the last game; EDM wins with only 10 shots but 2 PPG's and 100% PKing. I agree FLA is the better 5v5 team but the Oilers special teams has been extraordinarily dominant this post season.

The Oilers PP will score goals if you give them enough opportunities, that's a given, but you can't sleep on their PK. Canucks only scored 3 in 23 opportunities (13%), & EDM went 26/26 against the other 2 teams. You can say 'we need to stay out of the box' but you won't entirely & the Oilers will dive to try to get on the PP, they've done it all postseason, and they will score when they get their chances.

The key for FLA will be their PP matching EDM or atleast coming close enough that they can win the games 5v5. Not going 0/for in the series like LA & DAL, or blowing key opportunities like VAN did with the 4 min PP in G7. If EDM shuts them out in the series EDM will win.
Well that's my opinion, we will see what happens.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Really looking forward to it. Dallas was really disappointing after all the hype they got. Florida is unimpressive on paper, but if Biz and Whit are telling me that the Florida forecheck is demonic then I definitely believe them.
Dallas's forecheck didn't impress me at all. Idk if they were tired or what, but Florida will be much, much more aggressive.

2 big things i'm watching on each side
- Will Edmonton's D be able to handle the Florida forecheck and pressure?
- Will Florida be able to limit the breakaways and odd man rushes they tend to give up a couple times a game from being so aggressive?

These are my 2 biggest questions 5v5

offcourse special teams will likely be the difference
I agree, McDavid or Leon on a breakaway is a bit different than what we've faced so far. I'm sure Bob is preparing for it.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
We just had the best defensive forward of all time retire. So we know it isn’t Barkov because peak Barkov lost Selke trophy to old man Bergeron.

Comparing their 1st Selke wins, Barkov was younger than Bergeron, so he's ahead of the curve ;) But it's an unfair comparison to both players anyway.

Bottom line it's 10 years too early to rank Barkov all time and at 28 he's probably just entering his peak when it comes to defensive/two way play. Conversely there's no guarantee whatsoever that he manages to stay effective so late into his 30s like Bergeron did, but will also depend a lot on who he's going to play with. Bergeron got quite an offensive boost late in his career playing with Marchand and Pastrnak in their primes.

Jan 13, 2023
Kane isn't the type of player that can still make a positive impact if he's much less than 100%. Better to play Carrick or Broberg or Desharnais or whomever
what a strange statement. how much less than 100% is much less than 100%?

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
The 3 worst teams in the 2010s were: Florida (28th), Buffalo (29th) and Edmonton (30th).

No matter what happens, I’m happy for 2 franchises that were in the gutter not too long ago. Hell I remember the player polls from a decade ago where everyone said these were the last places/orgs they’d ever want to go.

Also, man do you suck buffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad