SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
And how do you think we felt when it was 3-0?

You are still ahead.
Sure... 3-0, but it's 3-2 now with two 4-point performances from McDavid. If he wins the Smythe even in a loss, which seems likely at this point unless the journalists are... special, then at least he has that to show for it. With him being a competitive guy, it wouldn't make the loss taste any better, of course, but at least it would show he just lost to the better team despite a valiant effort. A way different story than what the Panthers would now face.

"He only piles up points when the game is already lost." -- You even hear this one now. A Conn Smythe would at least put his performance as MVP worthy in the history books regardless of what biased fans would say.

As far as still being ahead goes, it means nothing when the players look gassed and Bobrovsky seems to have come back down to earth. Sure... the margin for error for the Oilers is still small, but if anyone can do it, it's McDavid.

I was so disappointed last year because I wanted the Finns to hoist the cup. A second disappointment would sting far worse because them losing in the finals wasn't a one-off. Sure, it's still not exactly a statistical anomaly, but you know how it is.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
I just saw something that made me laugh.

On StubHub, the cheapest tickets for Game 6 in Edmonton are going for $1,980 per ticket ($3,960 for two tickets), and these are seats way up near the ceiling.

The best view tickets are going for $16,800 per ticket ($33,600 for two tickets).

This isn't even a game that Edmonton can clinch the Stanley Cup!!!

Imagine how stupid some of these people are going to feel if they choose to pay these massive sums of money for a 2.5 hour hockey game and they end up watching Florida win the Stanley Cup?
Imagine only enjoying yourself when your team wins and not willing to take any risks in life.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
I think the major difference between the others and the SCF is it might be against a lower seed.

In the finals, 99.99% you are playing a really great team from the east or west.

WHich would make it much harder in the finals. If the Oilers pull it off they will be immortalized as will McDavid.
Sure, however statistically there's a 29-1 chance to come back in the cup final, compared to 58-1 outside it based on historical numbers. That's literally twice as hard in rounds leading up to the final.

Btw I actually already made the argument the SCF is not necessarily harder. What if an 8th seed is down 3-0 to a 1st seed?

The whole point of saying "we're talking about the SCF because it's harder", even if it is NOT backpedaling based on a misunderstanding, is that it is also factually incorrect.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada

On StubHub, the cheapest tickets for Game 6 in Edmonton are going for $1,980 per ticket ($3,960 for two tickets), and these are seats way up near the ceiling.

The best view tickets are going for $16,800 per ticket ($33,600 for two tickets).

Imagine how stupid some of these people are going to feel if they choose to pay these massive sums of money for a 2.5 hour hockey game and they end up watching Florida win the Stanley Cup?

That’s f***ing insane. Especially given how shitty our economy is. :shakehead

Hope Florida wins it and shut the Oilers out.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
In the highly unlikely event Edmonton wins game 6, well, all of the pressure will be on Florida. They will be on the cusp of a collapse that would live on for decades to come.

BUT...I get the feeling Florida dominates Friday and wins rather easily. 5-1 or so. Barkov with two goals to take the CS trophy.

In the end, I think Edmonton's (McDavid) biggest regret will be not truly showing up before game 4. When you are in an 0-3 hole, you leave yourself zero room for mistakes.

Pucklington

Zum Bäcker.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln

I just bought England vs. Slovenia EM (Euro Championship) tickets, and they were not cheap... when you can watch unique events, experience is worth more than money.

If you can afford to pay that much, you don't remember what you paid but that you went.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I just bought England vs. Slovenia EM (Euro Championship) tickets, and they were not cheap... when you can watch unique events, experience is worth more than money.

If you can afford to pay that much, you don't remember what you paid but that you went.
This is the attitude that allows the prices to be so high. Of course, pay if you find it fun, but if people stopped paying such prices, then such prices wouldn't get asked either.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
In the highly unlikely event Edmonton wins game 6, well, all of the pressure will be on Florida. They will be on the cusp of a collapse that would live on for decades to come.

BUT...I get the feeling Florida dominates Friday and wins rather easily. 5-1 or so. Barkov with two goals to take the CS trophy.

In the end, I think Edmonton's (McDavid) biggest regret will be not truly showing up before game 4. When you are in an 0-3 hole, you leave yourself zero room for mistakes.
Big brain.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln

oh look another : "Panthers in <insert upcoming game>"

I'm starting to really enjoy this

Reactions: Zaar

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba

Embarrassing post

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Oilers should win tomorrow. Florida is completely discombobulated and Bob is playing like André Racicot out there. Game 7 should signal deep change as necessary.

That all changes, of course, if the Panthers fill my pockets from my Panthers in 6 win. All is forgiven and we return to pointing the finger at McDavid's play in the post-season, namely his lack of defensive acument.

Mach2

Jan 15, 2021
Panthers are patiently waiting for StubHub ticket prices to skyrocket for Game 7, then they'll grab the Cup.
It's always about the $$. :cool:

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
I voted Panthers in six, but if they win it tomorrow I certainly didn't imagine it going the way it has.

And even if Florida does win it, it seems like McDavid is going to pull off a Reggie Leach and win the Conn Smythe in a losing effort.

Breaking/Challenging Gretzky single playoff/series records is absolutely amazing.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Nice to see Oilers fans pooping their head back in the past couple of games.

Felt like it was just Snag and one other.

Lets get this to game 7!! Then I dont care who wins.

What .. game 7 would be Monday?

Congratulations Bettman, you ruined the weekend.

insideout-anger[1].gif

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
The Panthers are still likely to win this thing, there's a reason a reverse sweep in the SCF has only been done 4 times. So many things have to go your way.

However, I'll say it again, The Oilers have been the better team since the start of this series and were only outplayed in game 2. That fact will remain true regardless of the outcome of this series.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I'd love to see Paul Maurice crying if they lose again. That would be 3 straight losses for him in the final, and what a collapse this will be.
In fairness, there is only so much a coach can do. These are professional players earning a paycheck. I think that "rah -rah. Let's go out and win one for the gipper" bullshit is overblown in big boy sports

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
I don't know...

Either they get to see their team win or they get to see a Stanley Cup presentation (which is something you can take photographs of and tell people you saw in person). Unless you really dislike the team that wins, is that really such a bad thing if your team doesn't win?

There’s zero chance I’d stick around and watch another team lift the cup.

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
The Panthers are still likely to win this thing, there's a reason a reverse sweep in the SCF has only been done 4 times. So many things have to go your way.

However, I'll say it again, The Oilers have been the better team since the start of this series and were only outplayed in game 2. That fact will remain true regardless of the outcome of this series.

I think a reverse sweep has only happened once in the SCF. TOR came back from a 3-0 deficit against Detroit to win the Cup in 1942.

I believe there have only been four comebacks from 3-0 deficits overall.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
That’s f***ing insane. Especially given how shitty our economy is. :shakehead

Hope Florida wins it and shut the Oilers out.
The economy is apparently fine in Alberta with the building, restaurants and bars being packed and the 50/50 hitting millions every game.

Game 1 should have went to Edmonton so you have to tip your hat to Bobrovsky's performance. Hopefully Skinner can have a game like that if the Panther's dominate Edmonton for a game.

Reactions: Czechboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad