SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Sometimes the puck bounces your way, and sometimes it doesn’t.
But it almost always seems that the team that is just playing better gets those “lucky” bounces.

Let’s go Panthers! Enough of the BS indecision and hesitancy that the Oilers are feasting on.
Go for it, instead of playing “safe” and in awe of the competition. Wake the funk up now! This shit the last two games isn’t close to good enough.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
That's what I said.

However, many people now believe it's literally only happened once because that's all everyone talks about. As if those other times don't prove it can be done.
I think the major difference between the others and the SCF is it might be against a lower seed.

In the finals, 99.99% you are playing a really great team from the east or west.

WHich would make it much harder in the finals. If the Oilers pull it off they will be immortalized as will McDavid.

PuckLuckCup

Jun 15, 2024
I just saw something that made me laugh.

On StubHub, the cheapest tickets for Game 6 in Edmonton are going for $1,980 per ticket ($3,960 for two tickets), and these are seats way up near the ceiling.

The best view tickets are going for $16,800 per ticket ($33,600 for two tickets).

This isn't even a game that Edmonton can clinch the Stanley Cup!!!

Imagine how stupid some of these people are going to feel if they choose to pay these massive sums of money for a 2.5 hour hockey game and they end up watching Florida win the Stanley Cup?

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015

On StubHub, the cheapest tickets for Game 6 in Edmonton are going for $1,980 per ticket ($3,960 for two tickets), and these are seats way up near the ceiling.

The best view tickets are going for $16,800 per ticket ($33,600 for two tickets).

Imagine how stupid some of these people are going to feel if they choose to pay these massive sums of money for a 2.5 hour hockey game and they end up watching Florida win the Stanley Cup?
This is the case with every playoff series. Imagine the exact same thing but paying Super Bowl prices.

Part of what you’re paying for is the experience. I was at game 3 and it was electric. I have no regrets despite the tough loss.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Great to have what amounts to a thrilling series after Florida went up 3-0 and it looked like it was going to be a dud, as a hockey fan you can't help but love that.

Momentum has surely swung in the oils favour but Florida is still in the better position, it's tough to win 4 games in a row against a quality team like them momentum or not.
Put another way..

I'd rather be in the Panthers shoes and not the Oils.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Why have they been giving up these goals in the last 2 games? You have to look at the whole game, to pick a period and say do that doesn't take the context of the game into account. EDM up 4-2 changes their style and how they attack.

In my opinion, FLA is giving up those goals because EDM is attacking the forecheck the same way you attack the Left-Wing Lock and the Neutral Zone Trap, you find the passing lanes and get the puck behind the D. That is why we are seeing FLA all of a sudden in chase mode versus taking the game to EDM. The more they press and bring their D up to the red line, the more vulnerable they are to breakaways and odd man rushes. Bob is good in this system, but without his D clearing the crease, which FLA does very well, he is average.

By the way, it looks to me that the open passing lane is up the boards on the right side. A lot of breaks seem to start there and EDM has the players to abuse it. Every system has a weakness and you can't cover everything all the time. 7 game series is tough, you are going to be found out. Unlike the season, one game every few weeks...

That is my analysis, from the last time I played was in High School too long ago than I want to admit.

Someone with more hockey X's and O's comment would be appreciated.
Yes I realize that, but Panthers can still control shorthanded goals against and staying out of the box .

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Staying out of the box yes.

Shorthanded goals? EDM will have something to say about that.
Arguably Edmonton has an impact on the box too, if they play hard and attack with speed the Panthers have choices. Let him go and allow the scoring opportunity or take the penalty.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Staying out of the box yes.

Shorthanded goals? EDM will have something to say about that.
Lol don't get cocky, every sh goal Panthers have given up they've shot themselves in the foot.

Arguably Edmonton has an impact on the box too, if they play hard and attack with speed the Panthers have choices. Let him go and allow the scoring opportunity or take the penalty.
Nah, most of the penalties Panthers have taken in this series have been dumb ones .

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
We might be witnessing the most incredible Stanley cup performance of our lifetime. I have No dog in this one but I kinda want to see McDavid pull this off.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

4 grand to some people is pocket change.
Didn't think of that before you posted?

We might be witnessing the most incredible Stanley cup performance of our lifetime. I have No dog in this one but I kinda want to see McDavid pull this off.
My thoughts too

Reactions: Foppberg

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
Lol don't get cocky, every sh goal Panthers have given up they've shot themselves in the foot.

Nah, most of the penalties Panthers have taken in this series have been dumb ones .
Actually, you are the one being cocky. You are not giving your opponent any credit for good plays. It is all Panther missteps THAT ALLOW EDM to score.

FLA was in the Power Play and EDM scored a man down, there is no way that is all on FLA missteps. Because at the end of each play they had to beat the top G in the world, right? Even if FLA screwed up, Bob is all world. Nothing gets through him...

Reactions: zar

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON

I don't know...

Either they get to see their team win or they get to see a Stanley Cup presentation (which is something you can take photographs of and tell people you saw in person). Unless you really dislike the team that wins, is that really such a bad thing if your team doesn't win?

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I think the Oilers will be disappointed if they don’t win, they have made a great comeback.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Actually, you are the one being cocky. You are not giving your opponent any credit for good plays. It is all Panther missteps THAT ALLOW EDM to score.

FLA was in the Power Play and EDM scored a man down, there is no way that is all on FLA missteps. Because at the end of each play they had to beat the top G in the world, right? Even if FLA screwed up, Bob is all world. Nothing gets through him...
Lol I didn't say they were all Panthers missteps at all...is it false to state that the Panthers can control not repeatedly giving up shorthanded goals? No, it is not. Even the Sharks could be control that. You are up 5 men to 4. You should, theoretically, never give up a goal in that situation. To have it happen repeatedly is just laziness/mental lapses .

And I never claimed Bob is the Messiah or anything so just knock it off with that.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
The Cats look fragile, cracks in their three zone structure; could be a function of playing in front of a shaky Bob. Regardless of how he’s playing, they do need to do a better job in front of him.

Whoever said Bob would regress after game 4 was spot on.

I had Cats in 6, this may go 7. I still have a hard time believing the Oil can win four straight (and conversely, the Cats lose 4).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad