Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 197 76.4%
  • Florida

Votes: 61 23.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
Lol @ the if this goes to game 6 posts.. if it goes to game 6 than the Panthers still have to win one f***ing game to win the series.
HFboards users suffer massively from recency bias. A 7-goal victory is no more meaningful than a 1-goal victory. I'd rather be the team that has to go 1-2 to win the Cup than 3-0 to win the Cup.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I’m not saying the Panthers tried to lose, but I’m sure the urgency wasn’t there knowing they have a chance to win on home ice next game.

Oilers were backed against a wall.

Fully expect Florida to come out hard in game 5 and take the win

The 4th one is always the hardest to win (except for Vegas last year).

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I’m not saying the Panthers tried to lose, but I’m sure the urgency wasn’t there knowing they have a chance to win on home ice next game.

Oilers were backed against a wall.

Fully expect Florida to come out hard in game 5 and take the win
There's zero chance the urgency wasn't there.

Edmonton played a terrific game, and the biggest difference was Skinner was the goaltender who bailed his team out from bad mistakes and not Bob.

Reactions: HabzSauce

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Panthers lost to Tampa and Boston as well after winning 3 in a row with a chance to close is out. They of course won the next game both times.

Next one is the big one for the Oilers to create some doubt. I don’t think this game does that yet.
Maurice was smiling and joking after this one. If they have to go back to Edmonton he won't be smiling anymore.

millax

Dec 24, 2005
Will they need to order a medical transport to get Bennett back down to Florida?

The guy looked like he might lose the leg there for a bit.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
It sucks it took till 3 down to figure out bobocop but if he's not playing Godbob mode Oilers have a pretty good shot

CaptainUgly

Bronx Bombers
Apr 22, 2018
OilStains bout to spend $1 million to fly its faux champion team to Fla to get dusted.

I can not wait for the billion up close and personal videos of Con McDud sulking on the bench as he watches that prick Tcachuk touch his pacifier to th Cup.

And then that poverty franchise will use 60% of its cap space to resign three “stars” and run it all back next season. So much winning lololololololol
I remember my first beer

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Tuesday will be huge. If Edmonton can win that, then things are interesting. Until then, Florida has no reason to panic quite yet.

Reactions: Mike C

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Lol @ the if this goes to game 6 posts.. if it goes to game 6 than the Panthers still have to win one f***ing game to win the series.
And pissing on their pants with an 8 hour flight back to deadmonton telling themselves they just need to win one game.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Before the game, the media was talking about whether Barkov or Bobrovsky gets the conn smythe. Is that still the narrative going into game 5?

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
Tuesday will be huge. If Edmonton can win that, then things are interesting. Until then, Florida has no reason to panic quite yet.

agreed, pressure is only on once they drop a game at home. Tuesday is going to be very hard to get a win, theres no way they want to get on a plane back to Edmonton and they're going to want to win it in front of their fans. Not that they need the extra motivation, but that game is going to be take a herculean effort for the Oilers to win

Reactions: Skate2Stick

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
So now Bob has both the worst goal given up in these entire SCFs and the worst performance in these SCFs.

Skinner’s still got a chance to outplay him like he outplayed Otter.

Yeah man the better team is totally down 3-1 in a series
What? You don’t think better teams can lose games they don’t deserve to? First time watching hockey?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad