Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 263 75.1%
  • Florida

Votes: 87 24.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Read up on Barkov because I wanted to know how he has such a Russian name and is from Finland.

Both parents were Russian and Russian athletes. Dad played hockey in Russia, Italy and Finland. They liked Tampere so much they decided to raise a family there. Great backstory.
Many such cases!

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
everyone playing with injuries wouldnt be surprised if edmonton had at least 5-6 guys with it. leon draistial,kane a given, ekholm bouchard mcdavid?

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
My biggest take away from the final is that it’s impressive how cohesive the panthers are.

At any given moment of the game, it seems like the 6 panthers on the ice (including the goalie) all share the same brain cell, they are the most “team like” team I’ve ever seen.

Yeah agreed. This is my biggest problem with some of them. They act all high and mighty like they’ve built some juggernaut when the league had to adjust the rules because of their futility. They seem to have forgotten quickly how absolutely lucky they’ve gotten.
I agree

Now watch your back they are coming

• Haha
Reactions: LuGBuG

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Every one mocks edmonton and laughs at them, but ironically enough IF the Panthers win the cup thos will be the 3rd straight year edmonton has lost or been eliminated by the eventual Stanley cup champs.
Edmonton is underrated by fans and people around the league. Maybe up in Canada they're overrated? But even many in the Canadian media were picking Dallas to beat them, so I assume they probably aren't overrated up there. People act like their the worst cup finalist in the last however many years. Despite the fact that the 2021 Canadiens were the worst in the last 20-ish years. The 2006 Oilers were significantly worse than the 2024 Oilers.

All I heard was how Edmonton is gonna get beaten (if not STOMPED) by Dallas and they didn't. They beat them.

I know they have flaws, but I think they'll be back. I was laughed at by many here a year ago when I said I think Edmonton will win one of the next three cups. This is the first finals since I declared that and they made it to the finals. I don't think they're winning this year after being down 3 games to 0. I don't think they have much of a chance in coming back.

I still think they'll win one of the next two cups, unless McDrai are gone. I don't think they will be. Why would they wanna leave now? Conference finals appearance in 2 of the last 3 years. Now a cup finals appearance.

They'll be better off without Ken Holland there. Holland is probably the most over-decorated and overachieving GM of all time. So I'm glad he won't compile another cup as a GM to his resume, he already has enough and doesn't really deserve another, because he's not really as good as the number of rings he has.

hockeyguy0022

Feb 20, 2016
Oilers should have had nurse skate all the way down the ice and run bobrovsky. Like totally blatant, history long suspension, oilers win the cup after he's out of the series.

Nurse may not play in the NHL again after this season, not with anyone other than the oilers. He's made tons of money, he would be worth every penny if he would have taken out Bob and the oilers win the cup.

It's legit the only thing that could justify every dollar of nurses contract.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Edmonton is underrated by fans and people around the league. Maybe up in Canada they're overrated? But even many in the Canadian media were picking Dallas to beat them, so I assume they probably aren't overrated up there. People act like their the worst cup finalist in the last however many years. Despite the fact that the 2021 Canadiens were the worst in the last 20-ish years. The 2006 Oilers were significantly worse than the 2024 Oilers.

All I heard was how Edmonton is gonna get beaten (if not STOMPED) by Dallas and they didn't. They beat them.

I know they have flaws, but I think they'll be back. I was laughed at by many here a year ago when I said I think Edmonton will win one of the next three cups. This is the first finals since I declared that and they made it to the finals. I don't think they're winning this year after being down 3 games to 0. I don't think they have much of a chance in coming back.

I still think they'll win one of the next two cups, unless McDrai are gone. I don't think they will be. Why would they wanna leave now? Conference finals appearance in 2 of the last 3 years. Now a cup finals appearance.

They'll be better off without Ken Holland there. Holland is probably the most over-decorated and overachieving GM of all time. So I'm glad he won't compile another cup as a GM to his resume, he already has enough and doesn't really deserve another, because he's not really as good as the number of rings he has.
I mean they don't have a true #1 Dman. They don't have good goal tending. And their depth kinda sucks. Not hard to see why.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Just for those wondering Bob is having the best Stanley cup performance in history for a goalie.

That would be Jean-Sebastien Giguere in 2003. He won the Conn Smythe on the Cup-losing team. He completely stole games all the way through the playoffs. There are good arguments for other goalies that would finish ahead of Bobrovsky.

Bob is playing in front of an exceptional defense, maybe the best I've ever seen in the Finals. Bob's positioning is great, but I don't see him having to make a lot of sprawling saves.

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California

McDavids window is closing..........

Leon Crysaitl

That's not offside! That's not icing!
Apr 11, 2024
Every one mocks edmonton and laughs at them, but ironically enough IF the Panthers win the cup thos will be the 3rd straight year edmonton has lost or been eliminated by the eventual Stanley cup champs.
And it looks like they’ll get swept by 2 of those 3. Very impressive.

Reactions: HugginThePost

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Oilers-Panthers reminds me a lot of Habs-Bolts. Oilers really have no business being there like the Habs really were a lower levels from the Bolts. The only difference is that the Habs beat three teams in the Jets, Leafs and Knights that were superior to them so they dug dig and did the unthinkable. Whereas the Oilers had it easier and they faced a Stars team that had beaten two juggernauts in the Knights and Avs and seemed exausted when they faces the Oilers(although the Oilers did play a good defensive game to defeat them) But the Panthera are on another level from them.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Bouch should not get more than 7. If you study the tape - he has game-winning assist in the second game (for the other team). And in this game his play led to a goal as well. If your defenseman is making 10+ he should be at least Lidstrom-level.
Bouch at 10+ would be Nurse 2.0

Which means absolutely nothing

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I mean they don't have a true #1 Dman. They don't have good goal tending. And their depth kinda sucks. Not hard to see why.
So? Look how far they got with all those warts.

Nurse needs to disappear completely. I'm not sure how you do that. Hopefully they see he's a problem and do whatever they can to park him on the bottom pairing. You can afford a bad defenseman in the bottom-2. Not in the top-4 though. Salary and contract be damned, he shouldn't be playing any semblance of tough minutes.

Skinner is probably fine as the backup, but I wonder if they're on Ullmark's no trade list? I'm not sure if you have to exile Skinner, but they need something better. His playoff play both seasons has been a huge impediment. I think Campbell is bought out. They haven't even let him near the team during the playoffs. They went right to Pickard.

People always talk about cup finals wins with mediocre goaltending performances. Colorado just had one two years ago, but Skinner is on a whole other level.

I'd like to see a breakdown of Skinner's play against weaker opponents in the regular season and if he always plays so lousy against top caliber teams, even in the regular season, because his regular season play is more than fine, but in the playoffs it's been abhorrent. It makes 2022 Kuemper/Francouz, 2010 Niemi and 2009 Fleury all look ELITE.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Just for those wondering Bob is having the best Stanley cup performance in history for a goalie.
Expected when facing such a weak opponent in the finals

Ekholm is fine for a #1, Skinner is not that far off from Demko.

The issue is deeper in the lineup

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
McDavids window is closing..........
WUT?!

Not sure if serious. BS if serious.

McDavid will be 28 years old next playoffs. ''McDavid's window is closing'' is making it sound like he's like 34.

Ovechkin was 32 and 13 years in the league before he made his first conference finals, which was the only year he played in the conference finals and the year he won the cup and Conn Smythe.

I remember he was never gonna win the cup on Washington. I think I was one of the people saying it.

That was 8 years after the 09-10 Washington team that really looked like they could win the cup and had an insane season. And yet they didn't come any closer than that (well, they lost in the first round that year, so they did come a little closer between then and the cup win) until they won the cup in 2018.

8 years ago McDavid was a rookie (and missed almost half the games injured) and the Oilers were still bottom feeders. The Oilers weren't really even a consistent playoff making team until the last 3 years.

Yzerman is another guy that didn't win the cup until he was early 30s (first finals appearance at age 31) and was written off as having his window closing. Then he wound up winning 3 cups in his 30s.

The window is not closing. Unless you have some inside knowledge that McDavid is close to the end of his career, due to some kind of injury or illness that the public currently has no idea about, that's gonna force him to retire early like Bobby Orr or Cam Neely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad