SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Thankfully for the rest of league ! Oil would be in line for multiple cups if they were!

I really think that had management not royally screwed things up they'd have multiple cups. To think that Draisaitl and McDavid era will end without a single cup is insane to me... and that era is coming to an end faster than some people want to believe.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Given the resources that Vancouver has to develop goalies, I would have no issues with taking on Skinner if Vancouver moved on from Demko(injury issues).

Look at Dubnyk with Edmonton and away
Look at Talbot with Edmonton and away
Look at Smith (who kept his own personal goalie coach)

Fundamentally Skinner is sound, he has the ability to find another level of play. He just needs the encouragement to do so
Skinner has potential. When he is on he is great. But when he is off he is horrible. There is no in between. But he is super young still esp for goalies. You are probably right on getting the proper coach and support he could blossom.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Barkov has been awesome, though I think Bob probably wins the Conn Smythe. And Bure's run in 94 with the Canucks was epic. Just very different players, no shade on either of them.
Barkov has been awesome, though I think Bob probably wins the Conn Smythe. And Bure's run in 94 with the Canucks was epic. Just very different players, no shade on either of them.

I love Gretzky's comparison of Barkov to Bryan Trottier, one of the most complete players in NHL history. Kinda forgotten as time marches on

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Oilers-Panthers reminds me a lot of Habs-Bolts. Oilers really have no business being there like the Habs really were a lower levels from the Bolts. The only difference is that the Habs beat three teams in the Jets, Leafs and Knights that were superior to them so they dug dig and did the unthinkable. Whereas the Oilers had it easier and they faced a Stars team that had beaten two juggernauts in the Knights and Avs and seemed exausted when they faces the Oilers(although the Oilers did play a good defensive game to defeat them) But the Panthera are on another level from them.
Politely disagree. Oilers have McDavid. He is the best player in a long time. They've been knocking on the door in the playoffs. They EARNED this cup final. They ran into a buzz saw. It happens.

I refuse to cheapen the Oilers like that.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Wasn’t that long ago when Bobrovsky was the center of buyout talks, he’s about to be a top 2 Conn Smythe finisher.

If you have a goalie that’s fundamentally able to perform, you can work with them.

What good is a Vezina nominated goalie that you can’t rely on to be healthy?
It was more about the team starting to play actual defense in front of him.
Once he could settle down and just focus on puck without trying to cheat to the guy standing all alone back door. He was left defenseless a lot, and when he’d start cheating or getting caught anticipating what was coming next was when softies would go in.

Reactions: Three On Zero

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
With a potential Campbell buyout, I don’t think they can afford to move on from him.
I still don't know what the Campbell buyout is, but Skinner is cheap enough that I think they can maybe bring someone in.

Like I said, if Ullmark doesn't have them on their no trade list or agrees to waive to go there if he does have them on his list, I could see him going there for one year as a rental like Kuemper did to Colorado.

It's possible they eventually extend him, but I could also see it as a one year thing as a go for it move.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Edmonton is losing every board battle, putting up weak shots from the outside Carolina style and aren’t getting goals from the most important players.

They didn’t outplay shit. They’re not getting goalie’d, they were always mediocre and if they had played COL and VGK instead of LA and VAN, they wouldn’t even be in the final.
Come on now. Dallas Stars beat both those teams, and we all know who Dallas lost to.

Reactions: MaWa

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
I think one issue with advanced stats is that the flow of the game is different if one team is constantly in the lead - the chasing team is bound to take more risks and be constantly more pressuring. I think after the first match Florida has been pretty comfortable. Obviously there are ebbs and flows within every game but by and large they have been quite settled. Of course Skinner hasn't helped the Oilers but how many goals is he supposed to score and be how big a threat on powerplay?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad