Proposal: Savard 50% retained to Oilers for '26 1st pick?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Actually no, because Ceci was traded with a 3rd, not a 1st round pick. So he was pretty far off actually.
I think the post was in regards to someone not realizing that Ceci had been traded to San Jose . Another poster responded w something like “ if you don’t know that he’s been traded how can someone take your post seriously “

Paraphrasing but it was something along those lines I believe .

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
I think the post was in regards to someone not realizing that Ceci had been traded to San Jose . Another poster responded w something like “ if you don’t know that he’s been traded how can someone take your post seriously “

Paraphrasing but it was something along those lines I believe .
I get it. But the other guy tried to defend him and say his opinion was still valid by assigning the valuation, which was a 1st round pick. But he was still way off.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
He was a bottom pairing guy for them and contributed very little . They won with Luke Schenn in a similar role( and no one is paying a first or anywhere near it for him ) … It was seen as an overpay then and certainly would be now . His game had already slipped , and the slide has continued . Defensive guru lol . Give it a rest . Guy can block shots , you know why he blocks so many ? He never has the puck/ constantly behind the play .
How's he blocking shots if behind the play?

Reality agrees w him
Ya you guys are are correct and the insiders don't know dick about hockey.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
It's too bad not many insiders agree with you.
insiders base their opinion on one game they saw four years ago.

The fact is that if Matheson is as good as Habs fans think, and if Guhle and Savard were outstanding defensively, and the likes of Xhekaj and Harris and Kovacevic were living up to Habs fans billing, then there's absolutely no excuse for Montreal to be as brutal as they are defensively.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
That take is the most uninformed comment i have ever seen.
That's all of your main defencemen. Unless you're implying Montreals gaudy goals against number is the fault of the goalies, there has to be a reason that the Habs bleed goals against. My opinion is that the Habs defence is massively overrated by that fanbase. They have some good prospects coming, but as for the group they iced last year, it's a bunch of bottom pairing guys on a good team for the most part.

He’s blocking shots as he rarely has possession of the puck . Put it together …What are insiders saying about his play on the ice ? Who specifically is praising him ?
Habs reporters and insiders know their assignments. Kent Hughes uses them well to gas up whatever spare parts they're trying to offload at one point or another.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
That's all of your main defencemen. Unless you're implying Montreals gaudy goals against number is the fault of the goalies, there has to be a reason that the Habs bleed goals against. My opinion is that the Habs defence is massively overrated by that fanbase. They have some good prospects coming, but as for the group they iced last year, it's a bunch of bottom pairing guys on a good team for the most part.

Habs reporters and insiders know their assignments. Kent Hughes uses them well to gas up whatever spare parts they're trying to offload at one point or another.
That’s why I was curious about the source …adds up

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
How's he blocking shots if behind the play?

Ya you guys are are correct and the insiders don't know dick about hockey.
Because he and his team can't clear the zone and have a hard time regaining puck possession when the other team has the puck in their zone.

What's the point of being here if we just take the insider's word for everything. Most "insiders" don't know any more about hockey than some of the smarter people here do, they just have enough connections to be trusted by teams so they hear more rumours and get more...insider...reports from teams. It doesn't mean their play analysis is necessarily better. How do you think the insiders get to stay insiders? I'll give you a hint - it isn't by ripping on players as they start to age out. It's by working with the team to create stories that will get hits for the reporter without making the team look bad.

You want to see it that badly search it yourself. There's enough of them so you shouldn't have any problem finding some.
You're the one making the claims that insiders are saying he is still good. You've put that claim out there, so the burden of proof is on you to supply the evidence. If you can't or won't, then the rest of us will just write your claim off as b.s. as you don't have any evidence to support it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad