GDT: Saturday, Dec. 2nd, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Some of the worst goaltending I've seen. If I were an Oiler, I'd be playing with zero confidence knowing Broissoit is behind me.

Been saying since the start of the season. LB is rebounder. Not a fan. Oh well... Nick Ellis seems okay though. Maybe he'll get a game.

topcheezy

Sep 3, 2017
gulutzan needs to go. there's no excuse for that kinda effort against the oilers of all teams

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
That's just a sad way for this one to end
Really? Refs put their whistles away in the 3rd on anything Calgary did and Brossoit+Russell gave the Flames 3 or 4 freebies after Edmonton had 5 or 6 breakaways and 4 posts. This game should have been a worse blowout than the Montreal game lmao.

I know Calgary's defence isn't as bad as they played tonight, but they seem to have no clue how to play when they face Edmonton.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Really? Refs put their whistles away in the 3rd on anything Calgary did and Brossoit+Russell gave the Flames 3 or 4 freebies after Edmonton had 5 or 6 breakaways and 4 posts. This game should have been a worse blowout than the Montreal game lmao.

I know Calgary's defence isn't as bad as they played tonight, but they seem to have no clue how to play when they face Edmonton.

I meant the goal off of Brodie's stick. All that effort by Calgary just to be ended by their own defenseman trying to make a play on the puck. I have no doubt that Calgary was going to tie it up before that.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
I meant the goal off of Brodie's stick. All that effort by Calgary just to be ended by their own defenseman trying to make a play on the puck. I have no doubt that Calgary was going to tie it up before that.
well its probably the hockey gods evening it out. they were embarassed tonight, if it wasn't for edm goaltending and the oilers unable to capitalize on 6 breakaways and 4 posts. and they still put up 7 on the flames...

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
This is the type of game where both teams decline hockey night after hours and go home

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012

completely agree, this is the reason why GG needs to go, he has not figured out how to play the oilers in 1.5 seasons now, its utterly pathetic the amount of adjustment he has made. Its literally the same tire fire game every time we play the oilers

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Thats what I meant was the game really shouldn't have been that close. Calgary played a good 3rd period, but 2 of their goals came from basically the goal line, one where Russell blew a tire on a routine 2 on 2, and another that Brossoit didn't even move on.

Normally I'd credit a team for battling back from 6-1, but that was almost entirely ECHL quality goaltending putting them back in that one. Brossoit should not be in the NHL.

Reactions: Coffey and karnige

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Second game in like a week Brodie has literally given away
You can't honestly believe that game was all on Brodie. If not for some big stops on the endless breakaways, a called back goal, and 4 posts the Oilers could have pulled their goalie in the 3rd and still won. Unless of course you are looking solely at the last 3 minutes after Brossoit and Russell went full tire fire, then I guess you can blame him for the loss, but that loss was on the team as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad