Sarnia Sting 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Only one lineup change tonight. Omeri in and Andersen out. I'm assuming that's due to the suspension to Andersen but the suspension isn't up on the OHL website so who knows. Surzycia makes his third straight start. Also Sarnia's fine was reduced to $500 after they decided that Evan Konyen instigated the fight against Young

Reactions: StingUpdates

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Pretty straight forward period I thought. Their goalie made some big saves & Surzycia didn't. Definitely out chanced them. Just couldn't finish. PK definitely taking a hit without Fischer.

Also no clue how that Wainwright hit gets evened up to 4on4. Dude went after him & somehow Wainwright gets roughing. 4on4 goal right after too

Last edited:
Reactions: JAMER

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Honestly really liking their play. Getting a ton of looks. Haven't given up a ton. Just gotta finish on some of these looks. Great pass by Di Iorio on the PPG.

Reactions: JAMER

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
God fricken dammit. Deserved better tonight. Absolutely dominated the final 40 minutes. How in the world isn't that a penalty shot for Moses. Clear cut in alone. Hooked to prevent a shot. Textbook.

Frustrating for Karimov. Gets his first goal. Had a great game but that penalty he took was brutal & cost them.

Helluva battle back. I thought at 3-0 this might get ugly. Two 4on4 goals stinks. Just so frustrating cause they played an awesome game.

Reactions: howler2 and JAMER

JAMER

Nov 13, 2019
God fricken dammit. Deserved better tonight. Absolutely dominated the final 40 minutes. How in the world isn't that a penalty shot for Moses. Clear cut in alone. Hooked to prevent a shot. Textbook.

Frustrating for Karimov. Gets his first goal. Had a great game but that penalty he took was brutal & cost them.

Helluva battle back. I thought at 3-0 this might get ugly. Two 4on4 goals stinks. Just so frustrating cause they played an awesome game.
Goaltending was the difference tonight.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
It definitely was won by Niagara. Robertson was outstanding. Surzycia wasn't as sharp as he has been. 4on4 also kills them. Only two instances of it & NIA scored on both. The last one was just way to easy.

Hurt had a great chance to tie it as time expired too. Would've been one heck of a way to get his 1st.

Just wasn't their night. Tough one vs London Sunday before 8 straight on the road..

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Gotta say I thought tonight was Chamberlain's best game in the OHL so far. I loved his game. Kid can absolutely fly & he battles. I still think they should've sent him down to keep developing his offensive game, but I think he's gonna be a really solid 2way bottom-6 C. If he can become a solid one Sarnia will have gotten 3 of their 4 Cs in one draft for the next 3-4 seasons!

I feel for Karimov. Tonight was one of his best games. Nearly scored the lacrosse goal! Then finally gets his first. Big celly. team was so pumped for him then just a bad penalty while on the PP. Bit of a rookie mistake there. Still really like what he brings.

Love Bodin firing the team up with a big scrap. Beat the heck out of Czata. Shortly after we scored our first then our second. Thought he was good tonight. Omeri/Bridgewater were solid, too.

Gonna be a really tough stretch, but this team keeps battling in games & don't give up on themselves. Been incredibly happy with this teams play so far.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad