Sarnia Sting 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

JAMER

Nov 13, 2019
Lines are different today.

Brown-Wainwright-Karimov
Filak-Di Iorio-Johnston
Kostuch-Edwards-Doucette
Moses-Luecke

Hopefully this gets Brown and Di Iorio going. They've definitely been fighting it. Doucette seemed to have a little something with Edwards yesterday too.
Also Maillet starts but I think we all knew that lol.

Reactions: StingUpdates

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Edit: Barr is out due to illness. Let's hope it hasn't spread around the team..last thing u want in a 3in3. Let's also hope it's a small thing for Barr after last yr lol.

Last edited:

stinger94

Jan 8, 2024
Edit: Barr is out due to illness. Let's hope it hasn't spread around the team..last thing u want in a 3in3. Let's also hope it's a small thing for Barr after last yr lol.
I am pretty sure I saw Mangone mouth at Di Orio “this guy has Covid” on Friday so it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s going around.

Few random thoughts through the first few games.

PP is a legitimate liability, need to change up who the QB is as many have said.

Letang not sticking up for his guys and staying silent while they are falling victim to lack of calls. I guess it’s just his style but frustrating to see.

Really liked Edwards on both ends of the puck, great backchecker.

Di Orio defensively has looked really strong to me but idk if things are clicking for him offensively yet.

Karimov strong forechecker and on the rush but east west game could use some refining.

stingwagoner

Dec 31, 2023
Confused Barr scratched?
That isnt going to improve our pp.
Pp is designed by Jeffrey think pk and haley are doing alright its jeffery and pp terrible. Just bad guys in bad spots for success.
Hope we get 2 points today make weekend respectful.
Good for Letang finally moving lines around to get some chemistry going.
Wainwright and Doucette will be next I hope. Like speed and minded players will be dynamite, I'm sure of it. Give them franchesschetti even I'd be good with that even lol

Anderson and bridgewater in lineup together?? Very interesting actually.

stingwagoner

Dec 31, 2023
Pp play is just the worst I've seen by us in past 10 years, pp2 is young shoot from top on pp2 wow that's not going to work at this level.
Pp1 play is Fischer top pass to doucette for shot so predictable. We need to move puck to bumper and get them chasing and find open guy. Wtf are we doing play the overload then! If can't do anything 1-3-1, then Change or switch to overload PP simplify it for crying out loud.

Weak goal forsure soo's 1st one.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Tired and disconnected is how I would describe that period. The PP still looks awful and they won't change anything. Fischer takes way too long to make decisions at the top. Despite all that the game should still be 0-0 but Maillet gives up a terrible goal. This game is there for the taking but they have to actually go out and take it

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Didn't give up much of anything but that goal was a baddddd one for Maillet.

PP is an absolute atrocity.
They need to try something on the PP. With Barr out today maybe give Bridgewater a shot one of the PP units. He's one of their better puck movers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad