Sarnia Sting 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Love to see hookey in black and gold again! Really need a RH winger to take care of business in feont of net and corners give players like wainwright and brown kostuch more room out there.
Role I'd love to see filak adapt to his game again like 2 years ago.

OAs I hope are up in air at this point love to see Doucette back but I'd still say if teams want any of our OAs I'd listen to deals.
Went to the equipment sale mainly just cause I wanted to see the arena, haha. The new boards/glass are fantastic. It really stands out.

Pre season schedule out too. First time I can remember don't play London to start.

Sep 6th @ Windsor
Sep 7th vs Flint
Sep 17th vs Windsor
Sep 20th @ London
Sep 21st vs London
Did they make a new tunnel? I remember them saying something about doing that. They need new seats badly, (black hopefully) the maroon seats are sooo ugly. Hopefully that’s on the do list next summer. That would make the arena much nicer. Should of took a picture of the new boards/glass.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Did they make a new tunnel? I remember them saying something about doing that. They need new seats badly, (black hopefully) the maroon seats are sooo ugly. Hopefully that’s on the do list next summer. That would make the arena much nicer. Should of took a picture of the new boards/glass.
Screenshot_20240628-173220.png
Screenshot_20240628-173222.png

Your wish is my command haha. Didn't notice anything different about the tunnel. Definitely agree on seats. Hopefully that's coming soon.

Reactions: robp1219

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Put enough butts in seats and you don't know what colour they are any more.
Sting did a great job putting butts in seats last year and they didn’t even make playoffs. Still an eye sore, seats are almost 30 years old

View attachment 888753View attachment 888755
Your wish is my command haha. Didn't notice anything different about the tunnel. Definitely agree on seats. Hopefully that's coming soon.
Boards and glass definitely look great, I like the black on top of the boards. I’d definitely like to see them switch to black seats, and get rid of the light blue signs for the energy zone. They look bad.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Quite a few Europeans that went today seem to be indicating they wanna play in NA. Makes the import draft that much better.

Sarnia picks 6 & 72. Definitely need a F with size & then with pick two just go BPA between F & G. That's my opinion anyways.

It's Wednesday at 11am.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Quite a few Europeans that went today seem to be indicating they wanna play in NA. Makes the import draft that much better.

Sarnia picks 6 & 72. Definitely need a F with size & then with pick two just go BPA between F & G. That's my opinion anyways.

It's Wednesday at 11am.
Anyone interesting names among those who indicated they might want to come over to NA?

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Anyone interesting names among those who indicated they might want to come over to NA?
Matvei Gridin
Miroslav Holinka
Ilya Protas
Emil Hemming

Are 4 I saw them/their team say they might. There were a few others but I can't for the life of me remember their names or who tweeted it.

Still hoping we go for a 17 yr old who'd be here 3 years. Harder to find but would fit exactly with our timeline.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

stingwagoner

Dec 31, 2023
Wow everybody else is talking about who got drafted , but our topic of discussion is the colour of our seats and the new glass/boards.
Was no shocker Fidcher went 2nd round why talk about it. He was going this year and we knew 2 years ago when he chose to come over USDT. Was in all agreements to make sure this happened. It did and we moved on.

I think the Import Draft will be come a big hi light of this teams future way more excited about that this week.
Glad we saw Dylan and Letang at draft to talk with NHL teams as well as euros that were drafted to see if they come.
Think we draft 2 euros now and 1 will be 17 and 1 will be ready to make big impact this coming year. This this would be big for buzz program.

Makes sense for Redwings to park a high draft pick in sarnia to keep eye on them.
But on other hand don't think they want Letang having anything to do with their development. Just seems to hold back the offense of players in Sarnia for example every player that has left last 3 years has exploded offensively for different programs

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
Well Stammers hitting the open market tomorrow. So where do we think he'll end up. I'm hoping either Detroit, Chicago or Pittsburgh.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Matvei Gridin
Miroslav Holinka
Ilya Protas
Emil Hemming

Are 4 I saw them/their team say they might. There were a few others but I can't for the life of me remember their names or who tweeted it.

Still hoping we go for a 17 yr old who'd be here 3 years. Harder to find but would fit exactly with our timeline.
Matvei Gridin has been in the ushl for the last two seasons and is committed to Michigan for next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad