Sarnia Sting 2021-22 Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Sting Co-Owner Derian Hatcher to Step Down as Head Coach, Remains Committed to Success of the Sting – Sarnia Sting

Glad Hatcher realized that him as a coach just wasn’t going to work out. This is great news.
Great news, he needs to focus on bringing the right people in, working with the community, putting money into the organization(which he has done), and helping Seca recruit American players , same goes for legwand. I wonder who the next head coach will be, I hope he’s a stud. I really hope it’s not mancari or staubitz.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
One name that comes to mind is Eric Wellwood. He has OHL coaching experience and did a good job in Flint
I also heard that name, he did well as a head coach in flint and has experience as an assistant in Windsor and Oshawa and also he is a two time ohl and mem cup champion so he knows what it takes to win in this league. Very good candidate. I also wonder if Rick Steadman in London would leave the Knights, he will never be a head coach in London because I can’t see dale steepping away anytime soon and when he does I think Dylan takes over as head coach. Plus Rick is local to this area, could be a good opportunity for him.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
I also heard that name, he did well as a head coach in flint and has experience as an assistant in Windsor and Oshawa and also he is a two time ohl and mem cup champion so he knows what it takes to win in this league. Very good candidate. I also wonder if Rick Steadman in London would leave the Knights, he will never be a head coach in London because I can’t see dale steepping away anytime soon and when he does I think Dylan takes over as head coach. Plus Rick is local to this area, could be a good opportunity for him.

Steadman is kin folk of Hunters. Doubt that would happen

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Steadman is kin folk of Hunters. Doubt that would happen
Ya I grew up in petrolia and know the family and cousins. But who knows maybe he wants to be a head coach at some point in his career and I doubt he gets that opportunity in London.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
If Hatcher really did remove himself because he felt he wasn't doing an amazing job alot of respect to him. Not an easy thing to do, say.

He finishes 169-133-32 as coach. Sarnia had their 2 best seasons ever under him.

Wellwood would be awesome. Hopefully it's not Staubitz lol

Be really nice to have some new faces behind the bench going forward.

Last edited:

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
If Hatcher really did remove himself because he felt he wasn't doing an amazing job alot of respect to him. Not an easy thing to do, say.

He finishes 169-133-32 as coach. Sarnia had their 2 best seasons ever under him.

Wellwood would be awesome. Hopefully it's not Staubitz lol

Be really nice to have some new faces behind the bench going forward.
Wellwood as head coach, mancari as assistant coach and either staubitz as the other assistant or even replace him.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Look for the Sting to pick up local boy and Lambton Jr Sting AAA product Jaxon Priddle with their 53rd pick if he is still on the board.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Looks like they are really working hard on getting Morden to sign. Also looks like they want a coach that can help persuade American prospects to sign here which is a smart idea. I like how Seca is still going to adopt the best player available method in the draft for the most part except for when they really have certain positional needs then they will make a pick or two by positional needs.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Talk about a difference in what u get from Seca in interviews. I liked Sinclair as GM but dude was soooo bland in interviews. Seca much more open & honest. Love it.

Love his honesty when he says we are working hard for Morden & other kids (assume that's Brindley, Casey, Behrens)

Also like that he mentioned they do need to add some youth to the Defence. Spot on assessment.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Look for the Sting to pick up local boy and Lambton Jr Sting AAA product Jaxon Priddle with their 53rd pick if he is still on the board.
As long as he projected to go in that area always down for more hometown guys.

If i had to guess we go C at 13 then D in round 2.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
As long as he projected to go in that area always down for more hometown guys.

If i had to guess we go C at 13 then D in round 2.
I honestly couldn’t care if the kid is hometown, he gets to play in the OHL so he will be happy no matter where he gets drafted to and if their is better players available for the sting I would take them over him.

Reactions: StingUpdates

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland

2021 OHL Draft Preview: 60 Top Prospects

Despite a tough season for the Lambton Jr. Sting, which saw them finish 11th in the regular season, a consistent bright spot on the team was winger Jaxon Priddle. Displaying a non-stop work ethic, Priddle brings his best every shift by being a dog on the puck and forcing turnovers. With possession, Priddle showcases impressive awareness of his surroundings and is able to slip behind defenders to create odd-man rushes. His play did not go unrecognized, as he earned several games with Lambton’s minor midget squad throughout the year.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Sting players and prospects stats through the first 3 days at the PBHH Invational:

Ty Voit: 3 GP, 1G, 3A, 4 PTS
Luca Rea: 3 GP, 2G, 1A, 3 PTS
Mzx Namestnikov: 3 GP, 3A, 3 PTS
Zach Filak: 3 GP, 1G, 1A, 2 PTS
Nolan Dann: 3 GP, 1A, 1 PT
Ryan Mast: 3 GP, 1A, 1 PT

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Sting players and prospects stats through the first 3 days at the PBHH Invational:

Anyone watched any of the games ? If so how r they looking

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015

Rea is producing hard!

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Ohlinsider said the only name he’s heard from sarnia is Angus Macdonell from the Toronto Marlboros. If his sources are accurate that could be who sarnia picks in round 1.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
25. Barrie Colts (via Saginaw Spirit) (Ryan) - Angus MacDonell, C, Toronto Marlboros (GTHL)
The Colts use their next selection on Toronto Marlboros captain Angus MacDonell. MacDonell is a complete, 200-foot forward that does everything well. As an elite lacrosse player, Angus has excellent hand-eye coordination and balance. He is very firm on his skates and does well working in small areas with elite puck skills and fast hands. MacDonell’s skating is something to behold with his elite top cruising speed and shiftiness. He attacks open ice like a dart with his quickness and accelerates in a hurry. Angus can be relied on in any game situation and steps up for his team when the pressure is on during crucial moments. Barrie is excited to nab two elite forwards with their first two selections in the 2021 draft.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
25. Barrie Colts (via Saginaw Spirit) (Ryan) - Angus MacDonell, C, Toronto Marlboros (GTHL)
The Colts use their next selection on Toronto Marlboros captain Angus MacDonell. MacDonell is a complete, 200-foot forward that does everything well. As an elite lacrosse player, Angus has excellent hand-eye coordination and balance. He is very firm on his skates and does well working in small areas with elite puck skills and fast hands. MacDonell’s skating is something to behold with his elite top cruising speed and shiftiness. He attacks open ice like a dart with his quickness and accelerates in a hurry. Angus can be relied on in any game situation and steps up for his team when the pressure is on during crucial moments. Barrie is excited to nab two elite forwards with their first two selections in the 2021 draft.
Prospect report on Macdonell

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
@BrockOtten
Finished watching some of the action from Day 2 at the

@HhockeyPb. Favourite of Day 2 would be Sarnia defender Ryan Mast. He is looking more comfortable joining the rush and with the puck on his stick, all while continuing to play great in his own end.

Looks like Mast is going to be a stud once the ohl starts back up, which we all expected. He went onto say voit has been playing great but he wasn’t surprised there. And that the rest of the sting prospects have been just ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad