Sarnia Sting 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
No Theo Hill or Nolan Burke
That’s really weird, I’m thinking guys like luka rea and tarasevich maybe bumped them out. I thought Theo hill would of been a safe bet to make the team Nolan burke was a maybe.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Tarasevich not on roster. Probably means he's sticking with ncaa route.

Really surprised at no Hill. Thought he could have a decent role.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Tarasevich not on roster. Probably means he's sticking with ncaa route.

Really surprised at no Hill. Thought he could have a decent role.
Ya just went back and seen he wasn’t there. Very surprised with Hill aswell possibly a mistake on the roster card? Doesn’t make sense to me unless they just want the 2004 and 2005 guys to play a lot this year.

Reactions: StingUpdates

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Voit-Filak seem to have some instant chemistry. They are dominating this scrimmage. Vogelsberg (13th 2020) is on RW for that line & he looks good. Sleeper to push for a spot.

McIntyre another one really showing well. He ripped one bar down on Gaudreau.

Dann has one helluva release. Shown it a few times. He's gonna score some goals for us.

Last edited:

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Did Gaudreau and Thornton play the whole game? Anyone have the goalie stats as far as goals against for today’s scrimmage?

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Did Gaudreau and Thornton play the whole game? Anyone have the goalie stats as far as goals against for today’s scrimmage?
They played the first 30 mins. Gaudreau allowed 3 (2on1 tap-in, bar down rip & shortside on a 2on1)

Thornton allowed 1. Was a deflection that hit the cross bar & sat on the goal line then Tierman banged it in.

I was really impressed with Thornton. He looked really steady. He has grown a ton. Looks huge in the net. Very quick for his size. Grover looked solid too. We look set in net for the coming years.

If i had to guess Gaudreau faced more shots. Probably around 15 while Thornton probs around 8-12.

Reactions: Ferda11

Hockeysar1

Apr 3, 2020
That’s really weird, I’m thinking guys like luka rea and tarasevich maybe bumped them out. I thought Theo hill would of been a safe bet to make the team Nolan burke was a maybe.
Not sure if Hill or Burke are hurt, sitting out or not playing?

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Who knows what’s going on with Hill, Burke and Tarasevich. I know Tarasevich had issues at the border but pretty sure it was only a short delay that caused him to miss Monday morning to start camp. I’m sure we will find out a bit more tomorrow at the rink for the black and white game. Be nice if this organization was more transparent with their fan base.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Who knows what’s going on with Hill, Burke and Tarasevich. I know Tarasevich had issues at the border but pretty sure it was only a short delay that caused him to miss Monday morning to start camp. I’m sure we will find out a bit more tomorrow at the rink for the black and white game. Be nice if this organization was more transparent with their fan base.
I’m assuming just banged up players, all I know is that there is going to be a lot of competition at forward especially if those 3 guys are in camp and geci isn’t even here yet, this team is going to be absolutely dominant the following year once these guys are older and get a year of OHL experience under them.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Voit-Filak seem to have some instant chemistry. They are dominating this scrimmage. Vogelsberg (13th 2020) is on RW for that line & he looks good. Sleeper to push for a spot.

McIntyre another one really showing well. He ripped one bar down on Gaudreau.

Dann has one helluva release. Shown it a few times. He's gonna score some goals for us.
McIntyre would be another option for Voit to play with big guy with a shot.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
McIntyre would be another option for Voit to play with big guy with a shot.
He was really impressive today. Huge kid, skates well & has a big shot. Filak was also great. Got hurt late tho (cross check to face) i think he'll be a really good player for us.

Lalkin of the 16 yr olds stood out the most. Feisty with high end skill. Look forward to finally seeing some hockey live tomorrow!

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
He was really impressive today. Huge kid, skates well & has a big shot. Filak was also great. Got hurt late tho (cross check to face) i think he'll be a really good player for us.

Lalkin of the 16 yr olds stood out the most. Feisty with high end skill. Look forward to finally seeing some hockey live tomorrow!
How did Macdonell look? Also how did mast and voit look?

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I’m watching the highlights on the stings Instagram stories and my god Grover is robbing a lot of guys out there, he is huge and gets across the crease quick. Him and Thornton could have a battle.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Saw one goalie leave the game with an injury, had to be helped off ice. It wasn't Gaudreau or Grover. May have been Thorton.

edit - confirmed it was Thorton who went down and helped off ice.

Last edited:

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Scrimmage summary from this morning (sept 2nd) 10am.

Final score - 8-4 for team Black (Staubitz)

1-0 Gold - Goal from Reesor with a nice wrister from the point. Beats Benny over the shoulder
1-1 Tie - O'Donnell bangs home a nice feed from Rolston
2-1 Black - Tierman with nice short side rip on Thorton
3-1 Black - Dann with a nice spin move out in front from a nice feed from Dillingham from the point
4-1 Black - Harper finishes off a nice two on one feed from MacDonell
4-2 Black - Gold gets back on the board with McIntyre setting up Degurse for the tap in
5-2 Black - Harper bangs in a shot off the back boards and in
5-3 Black - Gold responds with a goal from Beneteau. McIntyre with another nice feed
6-3 Black - Nolan Dann with an absolute missile of a shot over the glove of Grover - what a release
7-3 Black - Dillingham with a nice stutter step along the boards and shoots from hash marks beating Grover...stinker goal for Grover to let in
8-3 Black - Guy buries a nice play between Supryka and Thomas on D
8-4 Black - Gold finishes off the scoring with a sick individual play by Filak. Nice deke in all alone and roofs it top shelf for the finish

I thought O'Donnell really stood out. He was very hungry on the puck. Looks quicker and bigger. Nolan Dann was great as well. His release is NHL level already, so sick. McIntyre was steady, made some great little plays with the puck and had a couple beauty assists. Harper was noticeable, couple goals being in the right place at the right time. Tierman was also good, always seemed to be involved in the play. Thomas and Supryka paired well together and fed off each other. Dillingham showed confidence with the puck and made some nice plays.

Looking forward to the black/white game tonight. Hoping to see a more competitive edge in this game. You can tell from these scrimmages the vets are holding back.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I’m watching the highlights on the stings Instagram stories and my god Grover is robbing a lot of guys out there, he is huge and gets across the crease quick. Him and Thornton could have a battle.

He had a few big saves but also had a few stinkers. He'd be a 3rd string at best. Depending on Thortons injury, he could be backing up Benny in the meantime though. Good opportunity for him.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
He had a few big saves but also had a few stinkers. He'd be a 3rd string at best. Depending on Thortons injury, he could be backing up Benny in the meantime though. Good opportunity for him.
Getting a chance to watch it now. It looks to me like he hurt something pretty early & tried to play thru it. U can especially notice it after the 2nd goal. He was in pain, trying to stretch it out.

Just no need to stay in for a scrimmage. He was looking really good too. Hopefully nothing bad.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
He’s also the youngest of the 3 so he could be one of the goalies in a year or two.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Scrimmage summary from this morning (sept 2nd) 10am.

Final score - 8-4 for team Black (Staubitz)

1-0 Gold - Goal from Reesor with a nice wrister from the point. Beats Benny over the shoulder
1-1 Tie - O'Donnell bangs home a nice feed from Rolston
2-1 Black - Tierman with nice short side rip on Thorton
3-1 Black - Dann with a nice spin move out in front from a nice feed from Dillingham from the point
4-1 Black - Harper finishes off a nice two on one feed from MacDonell
4-2 Black - Gold gets back on the board with McIntyre setting up Degurse for the tap in
5-2 Black - Harper bangs in a shot off the back boards and in
5-3 Black - Gold responds with a goal from Beneteau. McIntyre with another nice feed
6-3 Black - Nolan Dann with an absolute missile of a shot over the glove of Grover - what a release
7-3 Black - Dillingham with a nice stutter step along the boards and shoots from hash marks beating Grover...stinker goal for Grover to let in
8-3 Black - Guy buries a nice play between Supryka and Thomas on D
8-4 Black - Gold finishes off the scoring with a sick individual play by Filak. Nice deke in all alone and roofs it top shelf for the finish

I thought O'Donnell really stood out. He was very hungry on the puck. Looks quicker and bigger. Nolan Dann was great as well. His release is NHL level already, so sick. McIntyre was steady, made some great little plays with the puck and had a couple beauty assists. Harper was noticeable, couple goals being in the right place at the right time. Tierman was also good, always seemed to be involved in the play. Thomas and Supryka paired well together and fed off each other. Dillingham showed confidence with the puck and made some nice plays.

Looking forward to the black/white game tonight. Hoping to see a more competitive edge in this game. You can tell from these scrimmages the vets are holding back.
How was Pryce, Thomas and Rolston ?

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
The three other missing players are coming over from Europe and can’t arrive until at least Sept. 7. Defenceman Andrei Malyavin is expected in mid-September, while forwards Alex Geci and Nikita Tarasevich could arrive by late next week, Seca said

Hill is in covid protocol & burke is hurt. So that must mean Tarasevich is signing right? Be 0 reason for him to attend a week of main camp & leave.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
The three other missing players are coming over from Europe and can’t arrive until at least Sept. 7. Defenceman Andrei Malyavin is expected in mid-September, while forwards Alex Geci and Nikita Tarasevich could arrive by late next week, Seca said

Hill is in covid protocol & burke is hurt. So that must mean Tarasevich is signing right? Be 0 reason for him to attend a week of main camp & leave.
I thought tarasevich lived in the states for some reason. But ya sounds like it be pointless to go through all those hurdles and not to sign. He’s definitely good enough he played in the USHL last season and is commited to Michigan state so he will definitely add depth. Man this team has a lot of depth at all positions. Going to be a few tough decisions at the end of camp. Not a bad thing! Definitely a two year squad.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
How was Pryce, Thomas and Rolston ?

The only one who caught my eye was Thomas. He was paired up with Supryka and the two of them paired well together. Just a calm, steady performance. The type you love to see from a defensemen. I hope he signs.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016

well that clears things up! Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad