Prospect Info: San Jose Sharks Top Prospect #1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sharks top prospect

• William Eklund

Votes: 79 92.9%
  • Thomas Bordeleau

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Ryan Merkley

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Tristen Robins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Daniil Gushchin

• Brandon Coe

• Ozzy Wiesblatt

• Benjamin Gaudreau

• Filip Bystedt

• Cameron Lund

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
The signing was big news just over a week ago. :naughty:
Yeah I got nothing. All I can think of is Cicek but I feel like he was the end of the season, Russell but don’t know how the Coca-Cola fits, Mann but I have no idea, and that’s about all I got :laugh:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I said this last year, but I would really like to wait to do this poll until the season starts. We'll have a lot more data (especially for the 2022 draft class). We'll have the prospect scrimmage, any other tournaments, training camp, and the preseason.

For example, in past years, players like Tierney, Wingels, and Braun would rank quite low on these types of lists. But they'd make big improvements over the summer, make the team, and have a productive season.
That’s kind of one of the main reasons why I like doing this before. I love seeing how it changes throughout the year. Right now we have the prospect scrimmage but again, this will change, we will be wrong about things and that’s the best part.

drunksage

Sphere = underrated?
Jan 13, 2007
30-ish min from Sphere
Reactions: Gecklund

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Eklund's lack of scoring last year, combined with Bordeleau working his way into the NHL is reasonable enough for 1/50 votes to go his way. That said, Eklund for me and by a healthy margin.

Can we write in Bedard by chance? Got that same good feeling I had before the 2015 draft (which didn't work out), but I'm hoping for that 7 to 1 lottery jump next year!

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Eklund's lack of scoring last year, combined with Bordeleau working his way into the NHL is reasonable enough for 1/50 votes to go his way. That said, Eklund for me and by a healthy margin.

Can we write in Bedard by chance? Got that same good feeling I had before the 2015 draft (which didn't work out), but I'm hoping for that 7 to 1 lottery jump next year!
Eklund was never getting a chance due to the slide rules, the moment bords was signed before the end of the season last year it took that slide option away. Bords was just free audition time, roles being reversed it would of been the exact same thing. Has nothing to do with who the team or who is actually the better prospect.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Wingels had two seasons at a 40 point pace, something I would be shocked if Raska ever got even close to.
True, but once Wingels scoring dried up he provided no utility for several years. He just took up space and threw the occasional hit. Raska has already established what he will bring to the table, and as a pest who can occasionally chip in some goals, I’ll take that over the majority of Wingels career.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
True, but once Wingels scoring dried up he provided no utility for several years. He just took up space and threw the occasional hit. Raska has already established what he will bring to the table, and as a pest who can occasionally chip in some goals, I’ll take that over the majority of Wingels career.
What exactly about Raska’s ability to score literally ever in any league makes you think he’ll be able to “chip in some goals” at the NHL level? Even in his down seasons where his “scoring dried up”, Wingels was a solid 15 point player. He was also good defensively, a strong penalty killer, and as you said, “threw the occasional hit”. I would be surprised if Raska becomes even non-prime Wingels.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
What exactly about Raska’s ability to score literally ever in any league makes you think he’ll be able to “chip in some goals” at the NHL level? Even in his down seasons where his “scoring dried up”, Wingels was a solid 15 point player. He was also good defensively, a strong penalty killer, and as you said, “threw the occasional hit”. I would be surprised if Raska becomes even non-prime Wingels.
1658014145891.png

Your assessment of his goal scoring seems a little harsh. The bar for Raska as a 4th line winger isn't particularly high in points either. If Raska gets to 15 points that seems pretty good to go along with being a pest. His pk-ing with the Cuda was also supposedly good.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
View attachment 570042
Your assessment of his goal scoring seems a little harsh. The bar for Raska as a 4th line winger isn't particularly high in points either. If Raska gets to 15 points that seems pretty good to go along with being a pest. His pk-ing with the Cuda was also supposedly good.
That’s kinda what I’m saying. Raska’s upside is Wingels’ down years.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Ah, fair enough. I just meant that I think Raska being a pest on top of 4th line production is more valuable than Wingels with 4th line production.
Yeah, if Raska hits his absolute ceiling, he’s a little more valuable than Wingels’ worst seasons I guess. Just felt that the >>>> was excessive. Wingels had some good seasons here that people seem to be forgetting.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Yeah, if Raska hits his absolute ceiling, he’s a little more valuable than Wingels’ worst seasons I guess. Just felt that the >>>> was excessive. Wingels had some good seasons here that people seem to be forgetting.
I didn’t forget. I just remember him turning into a shell of that player and coasting after that brief period where he was useful.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I didn’t forget. I just remember him turning into a shell of that player and coasting after that brief period where he was useful.
I thought Wingels was basically good for the 2nd half of one season, and good for the first half of the next season and was never particularly good outside of that.

I hope that Raska can get to a consistent Scott Nichol-esque level, then I'd probably prefer that over Wingels in his worst seasons

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I thought Wingels was basically good for the 2nd half of one season, and good for the first half of the next season and was never particularly good outside of that.

I hope that Raska can get to a consistent Scott Nichol-esque level, then I'd probably prefer that over Wingels in his worst seasons

I loved Scott Nichols. I have this memory of him knocking down prime Chara which was like watching a cat bring down an elephant.

• Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad