GDT: San Jose Sharks @ Dallas Stars Game 15 11/8/14 5:00pm PST

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
After tonight, Sheppard has 25 points in his last 39 games. Pretty good to see.

giphy.gif

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
Agree. Quick, Smith, Howard, Stalock in his small time with the Sharks (what do these goalies have in common? ;)).
I don't think I've ever seen Niemi sell a hit. Not always a good thing though since some legit infractions just go uncalled.

I initially thought Stalock sold that hit as well, to try to cover up his clearing blunder, but that was an unnecessary and dirty hit by Roussell regardless.

Yeah, small goalies have to embellish to protect themselves. I don't blame the kid either, he almost had his career ended because someone got too close to him and cut his leg.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Most players embellish a bit. I've seen rinne toss his stick with no one near him and get an interference call.

I think the ref would've called it had he just went down though. But he may have jolted himself by falling lol.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Most players embellish a bit. I've seen rinne toss his stick with no one near him and get an interference call.

I think the ref would've called it had he just went down though. But he may have jolted himself by falling lol.

Yeah he threw himself down pretty hard.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Back from all the festivities in the Big D. Before I read any post-game posts, here's our thoughts from the game:

*Finally! Been a while since they won in Dallas. Maybe not in number of games, but actual time as I think their last win in Dallas was in April 2012 which all but sealed a playoff spot for the Sharks. As I mentioned earlier, the Sharks lose a lot here and put up stinkers and with our anniversary and all, we wanted a win. And boy did we get one!

*That said, I'm not sure if it's just the Sharks sucking or Stars just loaded, but the Sharks didn't look good. Nish was out and the forward lines for Stars still look stupid good. I wasn't impressed by their defense corps tonight though, but damn those forwards...

*I don't know if it was intentional or just happened, but it certainly looked like a few times that Todd threw out the 4th line + Irwin/Demers. When I saw those guys all on the ice together, I was definitely scared.

*Hat trick spoiler, just like last season with Marty St. Louis. Love it! Didn't love it when the hat-trick happened though. I thought, "here we go again."

*I was certain they would still name Seguin first star. They went Burns, which was cool.

*As usual now, sat with our fan club group, which was a lot of fun. Each time we get more and more Sharks fans, which makes the experience that much better. Was also really fun after the game talking to Sharks (and even Stars) fans on the concourse.

*It may be our anniversary, but I did have to hear all night about how my wife just LOVES Tyler Seguin. After the hat trick though, she hated him...but still thinks he's hot as hell. :laugh:

*The next game here in Dallas is the game before the outdoor game. We are working on going to that game and then the Outdoor game, which is crazy. We've been to consecutive games before, but never one road (let alone 2 time zones away) and one home.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Back from all the festivities in the Big D. Before I read any post-game posts, here's our thoughts from the game:

*Finally! Been a while since they won in Dallas. Maybe not in number of games, but actual time as I think their last win in Dallas was in April 2012 which all but sealed a playoff spot for the Sharks. As I mentioned earlier, the Sharks lose a lot here and put up stinkers and with our anniversary and all, we wanted a win. And boy did we get one!

*That said, I'm not sure if it's just the Sharks sucking or Stars just loaded, but the Sharks didn't look good. Nish was out and the forward lines for Stars still look stupid good. I wasn't impressed by their defense corps tonight though, but damn those forwards...

*I don't know if it was intentional or just happened, but it certainly looked like a few times that Todd threw out the 4th line + Irwin/Demers. When I saw those guys all on the ice together, I was definitely scared.

*Hat trick spoiler, just like last season with Marty St. Louis. Love it! Didn't love it when the hat-trick happened though. I thought, "here we go again."

*I was certain they would still name Seguin first star. They went Burns, which was cool.

*As usual now, sat with our fan club group, which was a lot of fun. Each time we get more and more Sharks fans, which makes the experience that much better. Was also really fun after the game talking to Sharks (and even Stars) fans on the concourse.

*It may be our anniversary, but I did have to hear all night about how my wife just LOVES Tyler Seguin. After the hat trick though, she hated him...but still thinks he's hot as hell. :laugh:

*The next game here in Dallas is the game before the outdoor game. We are working on going to that game and then the Outdoor game, which is crazy. We've been to consecutive games before, but never one road (let alone 2 time zones away) and one home.

Question...did you sit directly behind the Sharks' bench? lol

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Question...did you sit directly behind the Sharks' bench? lol

No, but we met up with someone after the game who did (young lady with glasses and teal wig). We were in a corner where the Sharks shoot twice, lower bowl.

Last edited:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Hard to get angry at Dallas since we beat them and none of our players are injured.

I'd take games like that alllllll season long! :yo:

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Its funny, nobody but vlasic seen what happened (or if they did see it, they did not care one bit). But they all still seemed to get in a shot in at roussel.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Man did I miss a good one it seems. Well I was listening on the radio but fell asleep when the team was losing by 2 in the 3rd.

That "oops" elbow by thornton ... classic stuff lol

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I missed the game last night, I was finishing 3rd in a poker tournament in Pittsburgh. ($6800. Yay me) So coming back to read this without watching the game was hilarious. I love this board. :) Every part of being a Sharks fan happened last night.

BTW, I was a 'Pavelski for Captain' guy. But after last night, give it to Vlasic. He is more impressive every year, and it's noticeable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad