GDT: San Jose Sharks @ Dallas Stars Game 15 11/8/14 5:00pm PST

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Come from behind win where they held onto a lead in the 3rd. About time.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
With how the game looked they only had 11 more shots than us. So I'll take it on the whole.

We need to finish strong more often.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Burns on postgame TV interview:

- talked about how big it would be going into the 3rd to make a comeback, definitely an interesting period
- (on 1st goal) was hoping for a pass from Couture, just got open and made sure the passing lane was there
- (on 2nd goal) forwards made a great play keeping the puck in, rebound happened to come out and he managed to get it through without hitting anything
- transition to D has been up and down, you'll get bounces that go your way and bounces that don't, first two periods it was rough but nice to get the two bounces in the third
- talked about getting ready on power play, figured they would get one so just be ready to go, great play by Patty to get the first one to get the team going, just gotta stay positive and go with the flow, stay the course, [insert more cliches]

Marleau on postgame radio interview:

- Stalock was big all night, especially in the third, was on his face but still got the pad and the blocker out
- (on his goal) hasn't been going in but hopefully that's the start of a lot, he's been getting tons of chances, playing hard and going to those areas, got a lucky rebound and put it in the back of the net
- don't wanna be down but they have to prove to each other that even if they're down, keep playing and good things will happen, no quit in their game, stay together as a team and they can come out on top
- work in progress with linemates, gotta get the chemistry w/ Couture back in new year, after shift they talk about certain plays where guys were open and they might be able to put the puck in different areas, Tommy's been great on the right side, lots of shots, goes to hard areas to score, plays the body, complements them
- they've played together for 15 games, didn't start with this PP group but a lot of them have played together in previous seasons, just feels right and that the chemistry is there, coaching staff does a great job and reminds them not to stray from the things that have made them successful

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Yep, it would be nice if there was a middle ground...Niemi takes any abuse the other team throws at him and never complains or draws attention to it, Stalock on the other hand embellishes everything.

Can we cut the exaggeration? Stalock doesn't embellish everything.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
Yep, it would be nice if there was a middle ground...Niemi takes any abuse the other team throws at him and never complains or draws attention to it, Stalock on the other hand embellishes everything.

Hot take: Stalock's willing to do whatever it takes to win, and Niemi does not care.

lsx

Oct 19, 2010
Sonoma County, CA
Can we cut the exaggeration? Stalock doesn't embellish everything.

Ha ha, what? :laugh: :laugh:

I dare you to find video of him even being grazed by a passing player and not throwing his head back or falling to the ice. :laugh:

Be honest now, he's way up there as far as actors go.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Ha ha, what? :laugh: :laugh:

I dare you to find video of him even being grazed by a passing player and not throwing his head back or falling to the ice. :laugh:

Be honest now, he's way up there as far as actors go.

How about the sequence just before that where Spezza grazed him and nothing happened? Give me a break.

lsx

Oct 19, 2010
Sonoma County, CA
How about the sequence just before that where Spezza grazed him and nothing happened? Give me a break.

I have been a huge proponent of Stalock, but I also don't have blinders on... if you don't see him as a regular embellisher, then you're either not paying attention, or refuse to see it.

Most goalies embellish quite a bit more often than skaters do, Quick is another one....Niemi just never does it.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I don't think Stalock was embellishing when he laid on the ice, I think he banged the back of his head on the ice pretty hard. It wasn't the punch (that just knocked him off balance) it was the ice that rung his bell.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I have been a huge proponent of Stalock, but I also don't have blinders on... if you don't see him as a regular embellisher, then you're either not paying attention, or refuse to see it.

Most goalies embellish quite a bit more often than skaters do, Quick is another one....Niemi just never does it.

Saying regular and saying he does it all the time isn't really the same thing. To add to that, you've seen him play in the NHL at most 31 times over four years. A guy that doesn't even play regularly being a regular embellisher is quite an exaggeration.

I'll take your lack of a response to my instance of him not embellishing as an admittance that you were wrong that he does it all the time since you're back-tracking now with this kind of post.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Also, even if Stalock embellished that one (which I don't think he did, he just lost his balance) if you are stupid enough to throw a punch at a goalie's face then you deserve whatever you get. That's just idiotic.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco

Agree. Quick, Smith, Howard, Stalock in his small time with the Sharks (what do these goalies have in common? ;)).
I don't think I've ever seen Niemi sell a hit. Not always a good thing though since some legit infractions just go uncalled.

I initially thought Stalock sold that hit as well, to try to cover up his clearing blunder, but that was an unnecessary and dirty hit by Roussell regardless.

lsx

Oct 19, 2010
Sonoma County, CA
Saying regular and saying he does it all the time isn't really the same thing. To add to that, you've seen him play in the NHL at most 31 times over four years. A guy that doesn't even play regularly being a regular embellisher is quite an exaggeration.

I'll take your lack of a response to my instance of him not embellishing as an admittance that you were wrong that he does it all the time since you're back-tracking now with this kind of post.

No I'm not, he embellishes on a regular basis...by "all the time" I basically mean at least once a game.

If you choose not to see it, fine, I'm not condemning him for it and yet you're in here throwing a temper tantrum because I dared to point out the obvious and laugh about it.

Also, even if Stalock embellished that one (which I don't think he did, he just lost his balance) if you are stupid enough to throw a punch at a goalie's face then you deserve whatever you get. That's just idiotic.

Absolutely.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Stalock "sold" it. Seguin was tripped.

Sharks are cheaters.

End. Of. Story.

this is a joke btw

lsx

Oct 19, 2010
Sonoma County, CA
Agree. Quick, Smith, Howard, Stalock in his small time with the Sharks (what do these goalies have in common? ;)).

I don't think I've ever seen Niemi sell a hit. Not always a good thing though since some legit infractions just go uncalled.

I initially thought Stalock sold that hit as well, to try to cover up his clearing blunder, but that was an unnecessary and dirty hit by Roussell regardless.

Yep.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
No I'm not, he embellishes on a regular basis...by "all the time" I basically mean at least once a game.

If you choose not to see it, fine, I'm not condemning him for it and yet you're in here throwing a temper tantrum because I dared to point out the obvious and laugh about it.

Absolutely.

Since when is at least once a game now 'all the time'? It has nothing to do with not seeing it. I know when Stalock draws attention to certain things. But if you're going to comment on it, stop exaggerating about it because it takes away from the point you're trying to make and laugh about because it's wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad