Prospect Info: San Jose Sharks #3 Prospect

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who is the #3 prospect for the Sharks?

• Filip Bystedt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kasper Halttunen

• David Edstrom

• Luca Cagnoni

• Leo Sahlin-Wallenius

• Ethan Cardwell

• Egor Afanasyev

• Jack Thompson

• Jake Furlong

• Yegor Rimashevsky

• Colton Roberts

• Eric Pohlkamp

• Mattias Havelid

• Magnus Chrona

• Georgi Romanov

• Christian Kirsch

• Yaroslav Korostelyov

• Carson Wetsch

• David Klee

• Nate Misskey

• Cam Lund

• Theo Jacobsson

• Reese Laubach

• Brandon Svoboda

• Brandon Coe

• Tristen Robins

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
We're in low-end blue-chip territory. It appears that Dickinson has the highest ceiling, but Musty and Mukhamadullin are more proven.

After this, it gets into boom-or-bust vs high-floor/older proven players.

I'll add that I think people are sleeping on Colin Graf. One scout I know thinks he's going to play 800 games in the NHL, and that when the Sharks signed him it was like getting a retroactive 2021 first-round-pick.

Reactions: Sandisfan

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
Frankly I don't see the argument for Musty over Shak. If you think they're at all close a huge two-way defenseman trumps a one dimensional winger any day.
I think the point totals from Musty and the fact he was actually drafted by the Sharks is why most put him above Shak. Musty will project to score a lot more and will end up making a lot more money (look at deals for Reinhart and Guentzel) but Shak will be the more important player for winning in the playoffs.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Frankly I don't see the argument for Musty over Shak. If you think they're at all close a huge two-way defenseman trumps a one dimensional winger any day.
Well, that would be the argument. I think Musty has higher upside but more bust risk, so I would lean towards him. But I would definitely have time for someone who ranked Mukhamadullin higher because he’s safer, closer to being an impact player, and plays a more important position.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Well, that would be the argument. I think Musty has higher upside but more bust risk, so I would lean towards him. But I would definitely have time for someone who ranked Mukhamadullin higher because he’s safer, closer to being an impact player, and plays a more important position.
That's why I got Mukh at 3 but it's very very close. Mukh is prettty close to coming in and will just immediately be a guy we stick on the 2nd pairing and have him be there for a long time. Musty's still a bit of a wildcard. Love the production and the vibes but he's got some rounding out as a pro to do.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad