News Article: Sam Rosen To Retire After Next Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Deserves the most epic send off ever.
You bring in Adam Clendening and Luke Glendening as special ceremonial guests. They were Sam's first two "no relation" subjects.

But part of me wants them to come up with another icon, quick. Kenny is great as a jack of all trades announcer but another legend would be better. An up and comer.

With the right training and attitude, John Giannone can be that legend.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
ph6tpojfd5y11.jpg

Hockey gods if you're listenting, let the man go out with Lord Stanley

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Very legitimately, this is difficult news. I've been dreading this for the past 5-10 years. It sounds so crazy but hearing Sam feels like home to me. I will miss him. His mistakes & humor, to me, were always endearing and only made the broadcasts more enjoyable for me. He's the voice of my favorite team, always will be.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
On one hand he is a legend, and will be greatly missed. His voice, his passion and everything else. Just a wonderful person and announcer.

On the other hand, thank god. He is past his prime and the last couple years he was messing up way too much.

Hopefully he gets to celebrate another cup in his last year.

Wonder who will replace him?

Reactions: will1066

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I will tune in for every single game like I have every year, but ill be sure to soak it all in just a little more knowing Sammy will be hanging up the mic when the season is through. Hard to believe its been 40 years.

The one thing that is always constant with Sam is his excitement before every game, whether the team is at home, on the road or in the middle of a 10 game winning or losing streak. He loves his job, the team and the fanbase.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
You younger guys will miss him, but you'll get used to the new guy. I was a fan before Sam. I was a Mets fan back to Lindsey, Ralph and Bob, then through a series of teams until they settled on Gary, Keith and Ron. Better he go out before the broadcast drops off. Can he take Joe with him?
I was crushed when Sam replaced Jim Gordon.

Not sad when " The Big Whistle" hung em up.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad