Rumor: Sam Reinhart extension

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Orrrrrr. You know. The taxes

Every star player in a tax free market signs for less. But it’s for every other reason than the taxes

The leafs don’t get tax breaks for players.
The inmates run the nut house that’s why you get no breaks. Your core is spoiled and money hungry. It’s why they’ll never win anything.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
They don’t have triple hard cap systems.

I wonder if people in Prague complain about hurricanes?

When star players like. Karlsson. Panarin. Price. Kopitar. Doughty. Thornton. Marleau. Perry. Tavares. All took around 14% in high tax markets. 14% is the established ball park standard. Friedman literally said it on 32 thoughts like last week

You have done literally zero research to educate yourself on contracts around the league.

It was the market standard pre Covid. We will see what the new standard is. But it will definitely be more in high tax markets
So a handful of players did, but the vast majority didn't? Cherry pick some more.

How much tissue have you gone through so far?:cry::cry::cry:

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I can't believe how many people are have been baited by Legions constant crying. Don't you know the Weeping Wonder, Legion34 knows all the tax treaties, accounting, tax liabilities, economic impacts, investing strategies, across borders. He intimately knows this. The Weeping Wonder, is trying to educate you with the upcoming crisis, NHL Taxation unfairness!

Yes. But not your performance/signing bonus in the NHL. That gets paid in your home residence.

So if you are a Tampa player and take 10 million in SB and 1 million in base. You collect all the signing bonus in your local market, and splitting the 1 million among the markets

That’s very different than 11 million in base and collecting where you play the games.

That’s a massive difference. I don’t know of NFL/NBA has performance/signing bonuses

Again. We have a calculator that adds it all up.
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Why do these players and agents and teams hire all these accountants? When THEY COULD JUST USE THE CALCULATOR! Imagine how much the players could save just by using the calculator! Maybe we should also tell all the billionaires that this calculator exists!

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
It will be refreshing to see a player take a team discount to stay with their team after winning a Cup. I'm guessing he will make roughly 2M less in a Caphit than William Nylander. Which will make him a bargain after a cup winning goal and 57 goal season. Can't see him asking for more than Barkov. This is what happens when you do not overpay your best players, other players will fall in line.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
So a handful of players did, but the vast majority didn't? Cherry pick some more.

How much tissue have you gone through so far?:cry::cry::cry:

What? Every major star player in a higher tax market signs for 13.5% plus. Show me ones that didn’t.

You have embarrassed yourself enough here. You didn’t even do basic research.

Edit. Igor is apparently looking for 14% on his next contract. That number just came out of no where

The inmates run the nut house that’s why you get no breaks. Your core is spoiled and money hungry. It’s why they’ll never win anything.

Sure. Then explain why the percentages
Were the same for Chicago/LA when they were winning cups and NYR and Anaheim and SJ when they were highly competitive

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I can't believe how many people are have been baited by Legions constant crying. Don't you know the Weeping Wonder, Legion34 knows all the tax treaties, accounting, tax liabilities, economic impacts, investing strategies, across borders. He intimately knows this. The Weeping Wonder, is trying to educate you with the upcoming crisis, NHL Taxation unfairness!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Why do these players and agents and teams hire all these accountants? When THEY COULD JUST USE THE CALCULATOR! Imagine how much the players could save just by using the calculator! Maybe we should also tell all the billionaires that this calculator exists!

Agents do other things. And there are other things to negotiate. And percentage points around 14. (13.5-14.5) leads to millions in earnings. But they always end around the same contracts.

Why do real estate agents exist. Everyone has a camera, the internet and knows what every house on the street goes for.

They haggle for percentage points across market values

Actually. Funny thing. Doughty didn’t use an agent and negotiated his own deal

8x11 for 88 million dollars (his number is 8). Which was 13.84% aav.

Sooooo even the guy with no agent knew.

Last edited:

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Tampa GM openly acknowledges tax advantage as the factor that is a unique advantage for attracting ufas.

Funny how he doesn’t read this thread and realize it’s about weather,golf and leadership that makes players take less

IMG_1121.jpeg

Beezers Mask

Oct 5, 2021
All this crying about taxes is some of the worst coping I have ever seen. The panthers were bad for so long and the tax advantage never helped them. Barkov, Tkachuk and Bob aren’t even sweetheart deals. Bobs deal has been considered one of the worst in the league if not league history before the last 14 months. The rest of the core were signed before they were main contributors on a Stanley cup champion.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
While I certainly don't blame Sam for cashing in, this feels like a bit of a trap. Exceeding 9-9.5 million could be a mistake. He'd never scored more than 33 before this season. I think it's far more likely he reverts than he continues as a 50 goal player. He's averaged 81 points a season with the Panthers. What team with space can give him the environment he currently has? 29 in November.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
The "muhhhhh taxes" people sound like more sour grapes from original 6 gatekeeping fans who think a cup going to a team in Florida or any team in the south is some travesty.

While I certainly don't blame Sam for cashing in, this feels like a bit of a trap. Exceeding 9-9.5 million could be a mistake. He'd never scored more than 33 before this season. I think it's far more likely he reverts than he continues as a 50 goal player. He's averaged 81 points a season with the Panthers. What team with space can give him the environment he currently has? 29 in November.

The Bruins could probably give him the #1 center role and the same spot on the powerplay assuming he didn't completely forget how to play center while in Florida.

But I'm coping and I've accepted that he's probably staying in Florida and we'll be stuck with . . . . Elias Lindholm :help:

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
What? Every major star player in a higher tax market signs for 13.5% plus. Show me ones that didn’t.

You have embarrassed yourself enough here. You didn’t even do basic research.

Edit. Igor is apparently looking for 14% on his next contract. That number just came out of no where

Sure. Then explain why the percentages
Were the same for Chicago/LA when they were winning cups and NYR and Anaheim and SJ when they were highly competitive
Becuase they actually care about winning.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Agents do other things. And there are other things to negotiate. And percentage points around 14. (13.5-14.5) leads to millions in earnings. But they always end around the same contracts.

Why do real estate agents exist. Everyone has a camera, the internet and knows what every house on the street goes for.

They haggle for percentage points across market values

Actually. Funny thing. Doughty didn’t use an agent and negotiated his own deal
8x11 for 88 million dollars (his number is 8). Which was 13.84% aav.

Sooooo even the guy with no agent knew.
Agents and accountants don't need to even exist! Expertise in situations are irrelevant! Especially when you have the Weeping Wonder, Legion34!!!!! It's not like Doughty went in there negotiated his contract, sent the contract to lawyers, accountants, a notary, reviewed it with lawyers and accountants, then signed it!!!! No! He did it all himself because he had Capfriendly's calculator!! Success!! All players should do this, because as the Weeping Wonder has said, it's just that easy!!!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Agents and accountants don't need to even exist! Expertise in situations are irrelevant! Especially when you have the Weeping Wonder, Legion34!!!!! It's not like Doughty went in there negotiated his contract, sent the contract to lawyers, accountants, a notary, reviewed it with lawyers and accountants, then signed it!!!! No! He did it all himself because he had Capfriendly's calculator!! Success!! All players should do this, because as the Weeping Wonder has said, it's just that easy!!!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

No. NHL agents and accountants do. Exist. That’s who has decided and openly stated that high tax markets pay 14% ball park on stars. And low tax 11-12.

You are the one arguing they don’t exist. Or their words don’t matter.

Mass Panther Fan

Dec 8, 2015
No. NHL agents and accountants do. Exist. That’s who has decided and openly stated that high tax markets pay 14% ball park on stars. And low tax 11-12.

You are the one arguing they don’t exist. Or their words don’t matter.
We got it, taxes. Can you shut the f*** up and go make you're own thread? You have hijacked the thread and aren't talking about Reinhardt specifically.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Unfortunately for the Panthers, there’s gonna be fallout. It’s just the way things roll when you’re a contender with the cap. Signing Reinhart is gonna cost them somewhere else. Nobody wants to think about that now, but someone like Sam Bennett will be the victim in all of this.

As a defending Champ, you almost have to do it though. Ekblad is likely the salary dump victim this summer, but next summer, someone’s getting clipped.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary

His home town.... Vancouver can. He'll have guys like Miller, Pettersson, Boeser to play with plus D man like Hughes and Hronek.

Reactions: David71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad