Rumor: Sam Reinhart extension

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
No different than the NHL except for the offseason. And the NBA is on the exact same schedule as the NHL, so no offseason differences there.
And an off-season doesn't matter with income taxes, unless you are talking about sponsorships or second jobs.

If we are talking about the minute details of tax advantages, Toronto might have it better than Vancouver due to more road games in Florida instead of California.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
And an off-season doesn't matter with income taxes, unless you are talking about sponsorships or second jobs.

If we are talking about the minute details of tax advantages, Toronto might have it better than Vancouver due to more road games in Florida instead of California.

Not with signing/performance bonuses.

No different than the NHL except for the offseason. And the NBA is on the exact same schedule as the NHL, so no offseason differences there.

Not really. Playing 7 teams in a different country is very different than 1.

Either way. It’s not relevant. Signing bonuses. Canadian border. No restructuring like Brady or opt out like Lebron

It’s a different world completely

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007

Either way. It’s not relevant. Signing bonuses. Canadian border. No restructuring like Brady or opt out like Lebron

In the US, income taxes very substantially by state. And yeah, that's how bonuses work. Thanks for kicking the can in your studies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Opting out and restructuring has nothing to do with after-tax take home pay. NHL and NFL both have signing bonuses (not sure about NBA). If anything, NFL has more more ability to do weird shit with bonuses as the NHL does.

Reactions: Pablo El Perro

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
In the US, income taxes very substantially by state. And yeah, that's how bonuses work. Thanks for kicking the can in your studies.

Yes. We know. Just like Canada.

we were literally going over the list of
Tax markets in the US by state.
Literally the whole point of the thread.

I posted the calculator.

Shows all the rates

There is NOTHING about football or basketball contracts in this thread.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Which is why he's probably getting ~$9M and not ~$11M per year.
Which was my exact point, in comparison to how the Leafs run things.

Chaos2k7 said:
Great reason why you don't pay long term money at rates comparable to their career year and not historical averages.

Leafs would have saved 2 to 3 million on each of the core 4, doing just that

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Yes. We know. Just like Canada.

we were literally going over the list of
Tax markets in the US by state.
Literally the whole point of the thread.

I posted the calculator.

There is NOTHING about football or basketball contracts in this thread.
You can say literally as much as you like, but it still doesn't explain why you think you've studied this more substantially than us while people are educating you about basic details.

I believe, and I'm speculating here, as I didn't bring it up, the NBA and NFL were brought up to ask why such fans don't get so worked up about this matter, as the same applies to those leagues.

And this thread is about Reino. So, no that isn't even figuratively what this thread is about. Their are multiple threads dedicated to tax advantages for certain teams, but you made this another.

Reactions: RCGP2 and Chaos2k7

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
We all are very aware this is your opinion. Congrats.

It’s not my opinion. It’s the statements of NHL agents players gms media and accountants.
They openly say that’s why they take less aav.

No one has said they take less for golf or weather or based on all the “opinions” other la have given

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
You can say literally as much as you like, but it still doesn't explain why you think you've studied this more substantially than us while people are educating you about basic details.

I believe, and I'm speculating here, as I didn't bring it up, the NBA and NFL were brought up to ask why such fans don't get so worked up about this matter, as the same applies to those leagues.

And this thread is about Reino. Their are multiple threads dedicated to tax advantages for certain teams, but you made this another.

You aren’t educating me on basic matters. At all. This has all been covered for years.

The NFL and NBA are irrelevant. There are restructures and impact players and options and very little international play.

Completely different to hockey. The same does NOT apply to those leagues.

It’s not the same at all

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
You aren’t educating me on basic matters. At all. This has all been covered for years.

The NFL and NBA are irrelevant. There are restructures and impact players and options and very little international play.

Completely different to hockey. The same does NOT apply to those leagues.

It’s not the same at all
Cool, argue it in a thread literally about that. Glad you learned you pay taxes based on the municipality a game is played in.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Cool, argue it in a thread literally about that. Glad you learned you pay taxes based on the municipality a game is played in.

Yes. But not your performance/signing bonus in the NHL. That gets paid in your home residence.

So if you are a Tampa player and take 10 million in SB and 1 million in base. You collect all the signing bonus in your local market, and splitting the 1 million among the markets

That’s very different than 11 million in base and collecting where you play the games.

That’s a massive difference. I don’t know of NFL/NBA has performance/signing bonuses

Again. We have a calculator that adds it all up.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Yes. But not your performance/signing bonus in the NHL. That gets paid in your home residence.

So if you are a Tampa player and take 10 million in SB and 1 million in base. You collect all the signing bonus in your local market, and splitting the 1 million among the markets

That’s very different than 11 million in base and collecting where you play the games.

That’s a massive difference. I don’t know of NFL/NBA has this.

Again. We have a calculator that adds it all up.
The NFL absolutely has this. In fact, they also have additional kinds of bonuses like workout bonuses and roster bonuses.

NBA also has signing bonuses.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
The NFL absolutely has this. In fact, they also have additional kinds of bonuses like workout bonuses and roster bonuses.

Yes. So completely different systems that lead to completely different results which are entirely irrelevant to hockey and their fans

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Except it results in the same thing, somebody playing in Florida taking home more of their income than they would in Michigan, which makes it not irrelevant.

And that difference might be accounted For by restructuring and bonuses etc.

For example. Minny/detroit/chicago etc were able to get past the tax advantage by cheater contracts

No one cared about the taxes. Then the NHl changed the system so that the no tax teams had a clear advantage.

there different mechanisms that may be able to mitigate it in the NFL/NBA.

The NHL has a triple hard cap

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
He was but that is not going to be his new average production levels. He is a PPG guy in Florida and should be paid as such, you don't pay for the outlier season when you have 10 previous ones to gauge realistic expectations from.
They're gonna get a discount on a 50 goal scorer at 2-3 million below market value. He's not asking for 10 mil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad