Confirmed with Link: TJ Brodie - 2 x 3.75M

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I suppose if you look at the big picture, the team will be better next season.

Bedard will be a year older and have a good chance to be more creative and less of trying to do it all himself. We should score more, the new guys are not long-term, the bottom 6 will improve as will the D..... Goaltending, who knows, but not exactly a priority right now. The grit factor is in question but we'll see for sure once the final roster is established.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Who is the alternative to play third pair RD? It's really not a big deal. Lol

Kasier, EDM and Allan all play or have played at RD

Allan has played mostly RD for several years now I believe

What is the reason to block someone like Kaiser who at this point is NHL ready from potentially being that guy?

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
worst news of the day by far, but if he plays limited minutes on the right, whatever.
good chance this is the new tinordi, but at least he’s not as bad.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Kk was BAD last season
.hard to improve from -44 whike still learning on the job..Doubt Brodie is going to be -44..

Kk was rushed.. notvready.

You cannot havevit both ways..

He woukd becobevofc3 remaining Tank Commanders incapable of competence in defending.. Now Bridge may be a minus player here too..bit not-44 bad

KK needs to marinate in Rockford..If Vkasic got "developed" by playing I all situations in Rockford..so to can KK.

To say he can learn nothing from going down there is stupid.. Sure he can..

Brodieprobabky has a rebound year.

NoW ..EdM,Allen and Kaiser call all battlecwith Kk for the 1 youngster spot...

This is hiwxall other NHL teams would handle such a situation if a kid dnan presented a -44 on his first year rushed too early SHOW experience.

Let him EARN a spit ...nit hetvitvhanded to hi just because he was taken 7th overall in his draft.

If he is still"not ready" and cannot beat out another yong dman from the pipeline for s spott,then of course you send hom down for seasoning .

But here is the problem: if you wanted an improved Hawks team and if you still wanted a decent lottery chance for the 2025 draft ,removing a not ready -44 kid for a n experience dman lije Bridge could take you toomuch higher intge standongs ..sich that instead of improving 2-5 spots ..you now improve 10 spots ...and are not likely to move up via lotto win and if you do it osvonly upto #2agaim..but with less probable chance tgan from #4or#5 pre-lotto..

So may be over improvement that lands us lesser ranked 1st selection value for the Hawks 1st pick of round 1 in 2025.

Some say this move must be avore-lude to another move...MAYBE Murphy + 2025 Toronto 1st rounder we own found a prosoect for Pint from Ottawa who wants actrade?

So how serkus was KD when he said he wanted an i proved teM(implying faster than anyone coukd have imagined?).

Adding Brodie blocks out our young D if Kk stays ..

So I cannot see why KD did this unless he realky sees a chance with 1 more deal (trade) to get a ready made 2C who will demand proper level payment ona contract..

It seems like something got managementvecited about not just a lessr improvement but maybe a huge improvement with 1 mire missing piece. At 2C .

So maybe this is a prelude to sonetbing bigger?

Reactions: MicronMega

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Korchinski to rockford?? Ethan Del Mastro is NHL ready. He’d have to be one of the 6/7 they roll with. Then we have Kaiser, Allan, and Levshunov. Maybe one moves to the NHL to have 7 defensemen or maybe one is getting traded…

Possibly Seth Jones trade??? He’s been frustrated playing here

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Korchinski gains nothing playing in Rockford and neither does Kaiser at this point

This signing unless a trade is coming denies Kaiser, EDM and Allan any chance of being on NHL roster
A bit cynical. There is such a thing as playing ones way to get on an NHL roster.

I think Allan will make it, personally. Not sure about the other two.

2024CubsAreReallyBad

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Trade your best defenseman in Jones along with that massive contract nobody with half a brain is going to touch without some sugaring?

Maybe if Bowman actually becomes the GM of the Oilers.

Mcdavid for Seth. Get it done Kmart Kyle

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
A bit cynical. There is such a thing as playing ones way to get on an NHL roster.

I think Allan will make it, personally. Not sure about the other two.
Is he ever not cynical? He equally complains of young players being Given roster spots. So there's no point being made, either way he'd complain

Allan is the one who didn't earn a nhl spot to start or NHL game at the end like EDM. I think he's the least likely truthfully.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Actualky Kk was -39 not -44as I pistedxabove..in a y case not acceptable..hecwas not NHL ready ..

He should have been in Rockford and woukd be if not for the AHL rule regarding sending back ubder 20s to their CHL Jr. teams that drafted them.
So Now unless KK wins his spit at training camp they Can send him down to Rockfordcto develop instead of learning on the job in the Show when clearly not ready .

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Is he ever not cynical? He equally complains of young players being Given roster spots. So there's no point being made, either way he'd complain

Allan is the one who didn't earn a nhl spot to start or NHL game at the end like EDM. I think he's the least likely truthfully.
We'll see.

I didn't pay much attention to the Brodie play as a Leaf but I do know a lot of their fans disliked his play and from what I did observe he wasn't very good. He played soft and coughed up the puck quite a bit.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Why can't KK still play? Maybe the plan is to cook Kaiser and EDM in the AHL for the year.

Vlasic - Jones
Martinez - Murphy
Korchinski - Brodie

Murphy is going to get injured, so that prob gives 20-40 games for prospects to come in.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
After Bridie signing the young d will have to EARN a spot ..not be given to them before they are ready?

OR theycare tradibg Murphy?

OR this is insurance in case Murphy finished and would go on LTIR?

Yes we know Murphy was notv100% after returning from his injury...BUT he is slow and not veryvagikecanyway..If he does motvrepirt in better condition to play well,they will LTIR him..
So both kids abd vets onD willnred to prove themselves to earn or kep a spot.

I think KD was told by Management thatcac3rdxconsecutive season of Dreadful hockey was not acceptable. THE team must show improvement and be more competitive. THEIR WILLBE competition for jobs..

Some on contract will eitger be traded or waived...they will nerd to earn soits on the team..

Not sayingva pkayoff level team but A 7-10 win improvement may not be the target anymore..Maybe KD wants a 15+ win improvement.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
After Bridie signing the young d will have to EARN a spot ..not be given to them before they are ready?

OR theycare tradibg Murphy?

OR this is insurance in case Murphy finished and would go on LTIR?

Yes we know Murphy was notv100% after returning from his injury...BUT he is slow and not veryvagikecanyway..If he does motvrepirt in better condition to play well,they will LTIR him..
So both kids abd vets onD willnred to prove themselves to earn or kep a spot.

I think KD was told by Management thatcac3rdxconsecutive season of Dreadful hockey was not acceptable. THE team must show improvement and be more competitive. THEIR WILLBE competition for jobs..

Some on contract will eitger be traded or waived...they will nerd to earn soits on the team..

Not sayingva pkayoff level team but A 7-10 win improvement may not be the target anymore..Maybe KD wants a 15+ win improvement.
Huh? Why bother to write this gibberish? Nobody will/can read it.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Is he being gifted a roster spot over EDM, Allan, Kaiser, and Phillips?

He can certainly try to fight for a spot on the third pairing, but I have a hard time seeing him beat out all of them.
Well he beat them all legit last year so it’s far from impossible. And before you try to argue, I watched every preseason game and yes, he was the best out of all of them.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Well he beat them all legit last year so it’s far from impossible. And before you try to argue, I watched every preseason game and yes, he was the best out of all of them.
In the preseason, yeah he was. He fell off hard later, as expected.

Meanwhile the others were great in Rockford, and probably more refined at this point. Also, I'd imagine, far more suitable for playing a bottom pair role. That's not where you want Korchinski.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Why can't KK still play? Maybe the plan is to cook Kaiser and EDM in the AHL for the year.

Vlasic - Jones
Martinez - Murphy
Korchinski - Brodie

Murphy is going to get injured, so that prob gives 20-40 games for prospects to come in.
Same with Martinez...

ChicagoHockeyFan

Mar 3, 2019
Rockford is starting to prove to be a good spot to develop young D. I don’t think a year there would hurt Korchinski and hopefully year after he comes in ready. If you play him in NHL again this year and he doesn’t start to show improvement could start to really hurt his confidence

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
We'll see.

I didn't pay much attention to the Brodie play as a Leaf but I do know a lot of their fans disliked his play and from what I did observe he wasn't very good. He played soft and coughed up the puck quite a bit.
Brodie wasn’t great but what people refuse to see is nobody can succeed alongside Rielly.
Rielly (DEFENSIVELY) is an average 3rd pairing D man. Playing vs the opponents best.

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad