Rumor: Sam Reinhart extension

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Florida discount or not, $9M is the right number if you're not buying into the 25% shooting/50+ goals being the norm going forward.

Add in that's it's a place that he probably wants to stay for purely hockey reasons, and I don't really know what the fuss is about.
According to Legion, the only reason he is staying and taking that average is because of taxes. No other reason and it's unfair. And it hurts his feelings and it makes him sad and angry.

It’s not really about “agreeing” or disagreeing with me. I am not providing opinions. I am stating facts based on what has been reported by the NHLagents, gms, media. And proven by theMath The president of the lightining and the actions of the The CRA

Not because it’s my opinion. I am telling you what they are saying and proving it with quotes and facts and actually being able to read numbers. Like the difference between 10 and 10.5.

Non of this is my opinion. People providing baseless opinions on golf and weather is an opinion

There is nothing to agree with. There are just facts and people who want to accept them.

Of course they say it’s an approximation. Just like every disclaimer ever. But it was good enough that your fake tax expert agreed with it. Because it is right.
Explain tax treaty laws. Deductions. RCAs. And why your feelings are so hurt that it makes you cry every day and the big bad taxes?

Like I said if anyone cared, they would have changed it in the last decade. And news flash, they won't change it now either.

Reactions: harv33173

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Notice how no one agrees with you. The owners don't agree with you. The league doesn't agree with you. Keep being a sheep and falling into the xenophobic belief that the evil south of America is ruining your life with their politics because you literally have zero else in your life to worry about but how millionaires aren't being treated equally for your selfish reasons.

It's always been said is their a discrepancy? Yes, does anyone give a shit besides the huge crybaby of HFBoards Legion34? No. No one cares so much that they won't even address it in the CBA discussions coming up. Get a life, you are the running joke of HF. The village idiot that everyone points at and laughs at.

The flawed tax calculator that says in it's disclaimer that it's an approximation and not definite. But hey, when are you building that wall around HF where you can have your echo chamber where you can always be the victim? Wait...isn't that the Leafs board for you?
Everyone has tried numerous times, and banged their head on the wall.
Cost certainty denial was another one.
I had to move on, as did others,
in some ways it’s entertaining in a sad way.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Everyone has tried numerous times, and banged their head on the wall.
Cost certainty denial was another one.
I had to move on, as did others,
in some ways it’s entertaining in a sad way.

There was never a cost certainty denial.

There was your side which denied that the cap parity was instituted for competitive balance at the outset.

Which was proven by multiple quotes and articles including the actual president of Tampa saying. They want a new system
Because low revenue teams need to be able to compete.

Which you ignored.

Edit. Here is the article which specifically says BEFORE the lockout that low revenue teams are trying to impose a system that provides compentitive balance. Tampa’s own president is directly quoted

Funny how nobody complained about a tax advantage when Florida was bad.

Factually untrue????

Last edited:

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Yeah now Im just going constantly put crying emojis whenever he posts about it.

Might be the closest you can get to a coherent thought on the issue. The rest has been childish name calling, weird dog whistles about the us border? I think?

And just complete misunderstanding of numbers and basic math

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Great reason why you don't pay long term money at rates comparable to their career year and not historical averages.

Leafs would have saved 2 to 3 million on each of the core 4, doing just that.

Many... Maybe even most of us (as Leafs fans) know that. Unfortunately the past GM had a cult following and he was arrogant enough to think he could change the pay structure for the rest of the league.

Now we are stuck with a team that has a broken culture and stars who underperforming in the playoffs.

I don't lump Nylander's old contract in with the others though. He's overpaid now but was the only guy paid fairly prior to that.
--------------

Good rumored contract for Reinhart.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
It’s probably reasonable to shave 20-25 goals off his totals from this past season when projecting what he’ll produce going forward. Even with that taken into account, he still brings enough to the table to justify a payday in the ~$9M range.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
There have been plenty of overpaid players in Florida's history. It was hard to get players here during the dark times. Now we're good, and have a shrewd GM, the tax factor is now really important!

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Panthers have no fans…
Panthers are a goon team…
Panthers don’t deserve shit…

Panthers just won the Stanley Cup.
I’m good. I’m good and hammered, too.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Bob
Yandle
Ekblad

I’m sure you were crying back then..

??? Bob was a 2 time vezina winner just coming off of the biggest sweep
In modern history.

He signed for 12.27% of the cap at 7 years. Price signed for 14% at 8

the goalie market has changed. But at the time bob took a discount.

Ekblad signed for 10% of the cap as a 1st overall top pair RHD.

There have been plenty of overpaid players in Florida's history. It was hard to get players here during the dark times. Now we're good, and have a shrewd GM, the tax factor is now really important!

The history before the 8 year contract cap is irrelevant. Rich teams could make up the difference with Cheater years.

The tax advantage became pronounced then. Comparing early contracts is silly

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
??? Bob was a 2 time vezina winner just coming off of the biggest sweep
In modern history.

He signed for 12.27% of the cap at 7 years. Price signed for 14% at 8

the goalie market has changed. But at the time bob took a discount.

Ekblad signed for 10% of the cap as a 1st overall top pair RHD.

The history before the 8 year contract cap is irrelevant. Rich teams could make up the difference with Cheater years.

The tax advantage became pronounced then. Comparing early contracts is silly

Oh C’moon

Bob’s contract was always considered here as the worst or among the worst 3 contracts in the league

Just rather than crying teams should focus on hiring the right people for management

Reactions: I am not exposed

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Oh C’moon

Bob’s contract was always considered here as the worst or among the worst 3 contracts in the league

Just rather than crying teams should focus on hiring the right people for management

Again. 14% x 8 vs 12.27 x 7.

High tax markets routinely get 14% ish. (Price. Doughty. Karlson. Etc).

Low tax markets get 11-12.

This is an undeniable correlation. The cause is openly explained by agents players gms. Media and accountants.

Cherry picking one potential outlier which still proves my point is kinda silly

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Again. 14% x 8 vs 12.27 x 7.

High tax markets routinely get 14% ish. (Price. Doughty. Karlson. Etc).

Low tax markets get 11-12.

This is an undeniable correlation. The cause is openly explained by agents players gms. Media and accountants.

Cherry picking one potential outlier which still proves my point is kinda silly

Your takes are laughable

The worst contract in the league is now all of a sudden part of the proof on the tax benefits Florida has

That contract has been laughed at for years here& used as a reason why Florida will never win

Yandle contract was never seen as good, the opposite
Ekblad’s contract sure as heck wasn’t a team friendly deal either

Florida was a laughing stock for years and years and seeing the turnaround here with these comments is just laughable. You can’t have it both ways

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Your takes are laughable

The worst contract in the league is now all of a sudden part of the proof on the tax benefits Florida has

That contract has been laughed at for years here& used as a reason why Florida will never win

Yandle contract was never seen as good, the opposite
Ekblad’s contract sure as heck wasn’t a team friendly deal either

Performance after the fact has nothing to do with the contract as signed.

Price, panarin, kopitar, karlson, doughty all got 14% aav. Different teams. Different markets. Different weather. Different years.
Kane/toews got 15%
Perry got 13.5.
Tavares got 13.85.

No tax teams get 11-12.

Show me a no tax player who got 14%.

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad