Rumor: Sam Girard for forward help [ MOD warning # 274 ]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
He was never available, not in the context of the quote the OP used anyway.

He's a top pairing Dman signed to a phenomenal contract for 5 more years and he's only 23 years old.

The only way he's available is if a team is prepared to move a Center they really dont want to give up.

Cant help but laugh at fans of other teams thinking they get this guys for pieces they are hoping get traded, like Drouin in Montreal and Bailey with the Islanders :laugh: Zero chance he's deal for those sorts of players.

Yea when I heard this Drouin thing I was laughing. Some people mistake their dreams for reality.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I mean what do you guys believe a very injury prone 22 year old forward who has never even proven he can even hit 40 points in this league or come even close to a 82 game season is worth?

But sure...
Girard who is only 1 year older but outscoring him and way outperforming him is not a good enough target..
Classic hfboards. As if any team would even consider Vilardi a real piece for a young top pairing D with term in return right now. Throw-in maybe...

No interest in trading G for him. Would have to be Byfield or Turcotte (++)in return for the Avs to even make them think and I have my doubts the Kings would do that.

Alex Turcotte isn’t very good. He’s playing on one of the best AHL teams and continues to put up underwhelming stats. He’s more Tyson Jost than Hertl. He’s a middle six C as probably his NHL ceiling.

Byfield won’t be available. Two completely different and incomparable prospects. Thank goodness the Avs took Byram over Turcotte.

Reactions: Reparlana

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
Alex Turcotte isn’t very good. He’s playing on one of the best AHL teams and continues to put up underwhelming stats. He’s more Tyson Jost than Hertl. He’s a middle six C as probably his NHL ceiling.

Byfield won’t be available. Two completely different and incomparable prospects. Thank goodness the Avs took Byram over Turcotte.
Stat watching, huh? Makar and his $9M annual hit is only at eight points and a minus 7 on the season. By your definition, I guess he "isn't very good".

Reactions: kinghock

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Stat watching, huh? Makar and his $9M annual hit is only at eight points and a minus 7 on the season. By your definition, I guess he "isn't very good".

I think his definition speaks on a player not being very good in the AHL. Makar was second in Norris voting last year so I think a slow start is acceptable.. did turcotte finish second in hart voting? Maybe I missed it.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

I do think Byram is better than Turcotte, but you're underselling Turcotte. Just like how Byram became underrated in his D+1 and D+2 years because his stats didn't align with his draft pedigree. A lot of the stuff Byram worked on didn't translate onto the scoresheet, but he was absolutely progressing in those years - similar to Turcotte.

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
I think his definition speaks on a player not being very good in the AHL. Makar was second in Norris voting last year so I think a slow start is acceptable.. did turcotte finish second in hart voting? Maybe I missed it.
I guess you missed the point. If all you're doing is stat watching, you're missing a whole lot more about the game. Turc is 9 points in 12 games with a plus 8. he's a good two-way center. Makar regardless of his stats early in this season is one of the top 5 defenseman in the league. My point was to illustrate that stat watching is not necessarily an accurate way to describe a player.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
How about Girard for Kubalik, Kurashev and Khaira?

Gives you guys some nice winger depth at the same total AAV.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
Chambers is much closer to misinformation than information. Only way moving Girard makes sense is for a forward on a similarly great contract.

Great contract?? lol. Sakic is trying to get rid of that contract. Girard may perform in the regular season but he's at best a 6th D in the playoffs

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Girard is so overrated its insane.

Right? Who could possibly value a 23 year old D with back to back 30+ point seasons who has been a top pairing D for almost 300 NHL games, while being signed for $5m over the next 5+ seasons, this highly? We should all value him based on a 6 game playoff series when the entire Avs team looked bad, playing against a team that's been to the third round or further in 3 of the last 4 seasons and was tied for the President's trophy last season (not to mention winning the season series between the two teams). That's really the only rational way to value him... :thumbu:

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
Right? Who could possibly value a 23 year old D with back to back 30+ point seasons who has been a top pairing D for almost 300 NHL games, while being signed for $5m over the next 5+ seasons, this highly? We should all value him based on a 6 game playoff series when the entire Avs team looked bad, playing against a team that's been to the third round or further in 3 of the last 4 seasons and was tied for the President's trophy last season (not to mention winning the season series between the two teams). That's really the only rational way to value him... :thumbu:

Top pairing?? hahahahahaha. Thats why you guys scratched him last playoffs. He's terrible in the playoffs and plays like a dwarf.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012

It’s not really worth arguing. We know his worth both with his play and that contract in a flat cap era. He has his limitations but every GM realizes Girard’s true worth and it’s quite a bit. Obviously now is not a time to sell low. I am fine with keeping Girard just as much as I am with trading him. So let’s just sit back. Things will shake out as the season progresses.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
It’s not really worth arguing. We know his worth both with his play and that contract in a flat cap era. He has his limitations but every GM realizes Girard’s true worth and it’s quite a bit. Obviously now is not a time to sell low. I am fine with keeping Girard just as much as I am with trading him. So let’s just sit back. Things will shake out as the season progresses.

I agree that the logical move is to wait and see what happens. And with the Avs injury luck over the last decade, having an abundance of good defensemen is never a bad thing.

Reactions: flyfysher

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Top pairing?? hahahahahaha. Thats why you guys scratched him last playoffs. He's terrible in the playoffs and plays like a dwarf.
VRTx.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad