Confirmed with Link: Sam Carrick to be Signed by NYR (3 year / 1M per season)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Upgrade over Brodstinksi so hopefully, Brodzinski will stay in Hartford all season this time around.
People who hate on Brodzinski are so weird. He's actually a useful piece given his pay and role on the team.

Do you know how rare it is for a team to have a guy that can come in from their AHL team and actually play decent minutes without sucking ass?

Your expectations for whatever you expect him to be are wildly out of whack.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
People who hate on Brodzinski are so weird. He's actually a useful piece given his pay and role on the team.

Do you know how rare it is for a team to have a guy that can come in from their AHL team and actually play decent minutes without sucking ass?

This is true, but ideally you want the team at a level where he is in the AHL all season. I’m not hating on him, I agree he’s a useful tweener. I just want a team that’s too good for him to make.

Reactions: gabevh3

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

He’s a top forward in Hartford, plays big minutes. More useful to Hartford than Rangers.. Rather see Edstrom or Rempe get his ice time.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
anyone who was penciling in a Cuylle-Edstrom-Rempe 4th line was out to lunch. lavi and every other coach like veterans on 4th line.

54% xgf last year so we'll see

Reactions: Barnaby

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
If they had a boat load of cap.space and we're trying to reach the cap floor and not contending for a Cup, fine go balls to the wall and sign all these gutter trash players.

Drury gets an ounce of cap space and wastes it immediately.

There are internal options better than this.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Basically a tougher goodrow at 1/4 of the price and the ability to bury it hartford. Hard to complain here. Carrick can chuck em

He's not going to be blocking some kid if that kid is ready. Edmonton picked him up at a deadline for a reason though. He comes to play and he'll stick up for his teammates. You can go to war with guys like him. He's committed.

To me he compares to Brodzinski in that Jonny also comes to play. He's just not as aggressive. But both of them know if they're going to stick in the NHL they're going to have to give their all night in night out. Carrick can kill pm's, he'll hit and he's decent at face-offs. He's always there for his teammates. He'll fight. There are a lot of little things he's willing to do. On the same line with Rempe that might work out just fine. We'll see. As far as the 3 years I think there's a pretty good chance he's on another team or down in Hartford before his term is up. For now though I like the signing.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
If they had a boat load of cap.space and we're trying to reach the cap floor and not contending for a Cup, fine go balls to the wall and sign all these gutter trash players.

If he plays in Hartford he counts ZERO against the cap… there’s no risk here whatsoever.

Reactions: egelband

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

If this is your take on a $1M deal, I think you need to go outside and touch grass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad