Confirmed with Link: Sam Carrick to be Signed by NYR (3 year / 1M per season)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
It's the 3 years at 1M for an offensive black hole. It's something that didn't need to happen.

Cool story. Touch grass as suggested. It's a bury-able contract if need be.

You're going to have a stroke at this rate if we sign a 3rd liner.

I don't understand the people wetting their pants over this one. We just opened up a hole at 4c and this contract is easily buried in Hartford if necessary.

1719847019201.png

Only thing I can think of.

• Haha
Reactions: will1066

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Fire Drury

I don't understand the people wetting their pants over this one. We just opened up a hole at 4c and this contract is easily buried in Hartford if necessary.
While I agree , this is the same rhetoric we heard about Jack Johnson, Bonino, etc . And they played way too much.

Reactions: tiggles

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
His stats look pretty good. Not sure how I missed him originally:

23-24
16 poionts in 79 games
102PIM's
53.4% FO
167 hits
24 takeaways and 17 giveaways

Overall I like this signing based on what I'm seeing.

Oh and the contract is 100% able to be buried in the minors if ever needed
I do not remember this guy. The only thing that stands out in his stats is that he hits. Not sure if he will play of not but I have to assume the hitting was one of the main reasons he was signed.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Fix the D and hammer out the amounts for Laf and Shesty & Miller and go from there after that . We will be in the playoffs and let the kids learn and play a lot . Who knows what will happen with a young club full of piss and vinegar in the playoffs and a hot Shesty ? If we take a step back it will be worth it in the years that follow . Maybe Kakko breaks out and Cuylle takes another step ....and also the improved Lafreniere strutting his stuff along with an older Schneider-Miller ...we'll be OK !

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Fix the D and hammer out the amounts for Laf and Shesty & Miller and go from there after that . We will be in the playoffs and let the kids learn and play a lot . Who knows what will happen with a young club full of piss and vinegar in the playoffs and a hot Shesty ? If we take a step back it will be worth it in the years that follow . Maybe Kakko breaks out and Cuylle takes another step ....and also the improved Lafreniere strutting his stuff along with an older Schneider-Miller ...we'll be OK !
I reaaaalllly don’t want to go into the year banking on Kakko again…

• Haha
Reactions: yrrebbor

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
If they had a boat load of cap.space and we're trying to reach the cap floor and not contending for a Cup, fine go balls to the wall and sign all these gutter trash players.

Drury gets an ounce of cap space and wastes it immediately.

There are internal options better than this.
Carrick's going to be a fan favorite. Leaves it all on the ice. Can throw bombs as well.

Reactions: leetch99

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
I don't get this at all when Lomberg just went for 2x2. If you need a guy to take faceoffs that can be had at the deadline every single year for scraps.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Fire Drury

While I agree , this is the same rhetoric we heard about Jack Johnson, Bonino, etc . And they played way too much.
… and if Edstrom and Berard aren’t ready (if they ever will be), then “What is Drury doing playing this AAAA player?! He didn’t acquire any depth and now we need to go out and trade draft picks to fix it!

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
… and if Edstrom and Berard aren’t ready (if they ever will be), then “What is Drury doing playing this AAAA player?! He didn’t acquire any depth and now we need to go out and trade draft picks to fix it!
I think fans would be more understanding and patient with rookies getting playing time and improving than running out decrepit 35 year olds who can’t skate and have zero offense to their game just because they can block shots or whatever

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Carrick's a gamer. Replaces the physical void from Goodrows departure. Half the price. I like it for depth. Hes the first to enter a scrum. Hes got balls to scrap with any heavyweight out there.

I think he will do OK here.

Reactions: leetch99

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Basically goodrow without the high price tag, can and will by the end of the year be in the A. Oilers had no business being in the cup finals they just had an easy path. Carrick is ass

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Sam Carrick 2024
157 faceoffs with EDM, 63.1% FOW% 84 were DZ FO, DZ FOW% 64.3%
628 faceoffs with ANH, 51% FOW%

162:16 min of SH TOI, PP GA / 60 10.72 (not great)
14:01 min of SH TOI, PP GA / 60 17.12 (ffffing terrible)

30 hits in 16 games with EDM
137 hits in 61 games with ANH

Best season, 2021-22, 11-8-19 in 64 games played

If he can work with Peca and keep those faceoff numbers, he'll be someone we can throw on to win a defensive zone draw to get the puck out the zone (provided the rest of the team can accomplish this goal). Last of PK proficiency could mean Laf or KK gets some of Goodrow's SH TOI.

For $1M he's an affordable 4th liner who we can ditch anytime a younger player shows they are ready to take his spot a la Tyler Pitlick and Ryan Carpenter.

Reactions: bhamill

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad