Saginaw Spirit 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 2)

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I don’t think it’ll be super smart for them to run it back but I can’t see them selling the farm in parekhs dy+1(already won chl d man of the year- may go back to back) and misas draft year (projected top 5 pick) to go with the Russian, Willis etc. they should still have a solid group and may win their division.

Could be the same matchup once again in the west finals this year, with the same result.
I could see them not going into a rebuild this season and keeping their current lineup but not making any major trades. They could battle with Flint and possibly Windsor for the division title and win a round or two but I highly doubt they are going to win a championship.

Slap Shot Rick

Apr 1, 2015
It will be hard for Saginaw to take another run at a championship. They only have one, 2nd, one, 3rd and possibly another 3rd as part of conditions of the Owen Lalonde trade, three 4ths and one, 5th in the next four drafts to obtain the players they need. Those picks might get you one big name and a depth player. They also do not any excess overages that will return to trade to add additional draft picks. To be a true contender they will need to add a centre to play in the top six, a left winger and a top four defenceman. They do not have the assets to make these trades.

I think you mean Nolan Lalonde.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
It will be hard for Saginaw to take another run at a championship. They only have one, 2nd, one, 3rd and possibly another 3rd as part of conditions of the Owen Lalonde trade, three 4ths and one, 5th in the next four drafts to obtain the players they need. Those picks might get you one big name and a depth player. They also do not any excess overages that will return to trade to add additional draft picks. To be a true contender they will need to add a centre to play in the top six, a left winger and a top four defenceman. They do not have the assets to make these trades.
Misa, Willis, and Hay are Centers and the left winger Chernyshov just signed.
Top 4D l agree.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Any early guesses on potential lineup or needs.

No idea if this will be what the final product is, but would love to see something like this. I only did currently signed players and I could have missed someone. Definitely could use an OA upgrade on defense and maybe one other defender.

Chernyshov-Misa-Sima
Epperson-Willis-Mangone (OA)
Moore-Hay-Zhilkin
Gervias-Harmer-Coultier
Storch

Forgione (OA)-Parekh
Glavin-Bishop
Jones-Guo
Sienko

Oke (OA)
Papineau

Reactions: Finster8

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
No idea if this will be what the final product is, but would love to see something like this. I only did currently signed players and I could have missed someone. Definitely could use an OA upgrade on defense and maybe one other defender.

Chernyshov-Misa-Sima
Epperson-Willis-Mangone (OA)
Moore-Hay-Zhilkin
Gervias-Harmer-Coultier
Storch

Forgione (OA)-Parekh
Glavin-Bishop
Jones-Guo
Sienko

Oke (OA)
Papineau

Strong down the middle and l like the 2nd line. Sima and Chernyshov are big guys, Hays line looks fine.
It’s the D, we need a top 4D and maybe a depth D. We’re going to see how we start the season and see how things piece together. Should have enough in the cupboards for a top 4D then DD has to see how we are making out and only then it’s time or fire sale.

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
What's a nice hotel that is a very short walk to the arena. Looking to possibly for the Oct 26th game. Had a great time at the Memorial cup final (even though we lost). Looking forward to another trip.

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
What's a nice hotel that is a very short walk to the arena. Looking to possibly for the Oct 26th game. Had a great time at the Memorial cup final (even though we lost). Looking forward to another trip.
No hotels within walking distance...I would recommend the "GoGreatLakesBay" Ticket/Hotel Package. You get free tickets to the game by staying at a participating hotel.

The top 3 ($102 rate) are all good hotels in a good location and are pretty much a 5 minute drive to the arena on I-675. The FourPoints is also good and has a Uno's Pizzeria restaurant attached.

Reactions: Roadhog

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
The Spirit appear to still have a really good team. Top two lines will be good, solid goaltending, okay defense. I agree that an OA or veteran D-man would be great. There really isn’t a clear-cut favorite in the West. Saginaw should be as good as any in the West.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
The Spirit appear to still have a really good team. Top two lines will be good, solid goaltending, okay defense. I agree that an OA or veteran D-man would be great. There really isn’t a clear-cut favorite in the West. Saginaw should be as good as any in the West.
In my opinion if London returns cowan, bonk, Dickinson it’s them 1000%

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Anyone else go to the Blue and White game last night? My quick thoughts.

Epperson looked like the real deal. Lots of chemistry with Misa. Probably going to walk in as out best playmaker and played with good speed. Honestly kinda reminded me of Haight out there.

Moore looks like he could take a big step forward this year. Seemed way faster than I remembered and was all over the puck. Him and Sima could be terror twins on the wing this year.

Oke looked real good. DiBlasi was clearly the 2nd best goalie to play last night and he looks to have grown quite a bit.

The D is going to need some work. I dont know if we can find a import that needs a home or something, but we need to bring some bodies in. Weakest link on the team for sure.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Misa gonna go crazy this year
Elevated production for sure with less players around him they’ll rely more on him for offence. Would be nice to see 100 points but I predict somewhere in the 90’s

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Elevated production for sure with less players around him they’ll rely more on him for offence. Would be nice to see 100 points but I predict somewhere in the 90’s
110-120 pts same with Parekh

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
110-120 pts same with Parekh
all depends on WJC. Hypothetically speaking if both Parekh and Misa make it- they’ll be losing around 6 or 7 games I believe. and that’s not accounting for any possible injuries- long season they may miss a game or two from minor ones. 110-120pts in 59/60 games is maybe a little unrealistic given the overall talent of the defence and forward groups from last year into this year- a lot of graduating players

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
all depends on WJC. Hypothetically speaking if both Parekh and Misa make it- they’ll be losing around 6 or 7 games I believe. and that’s not accounting for any possible injuries- long season they may miss a game or two from minor ones. 110-120pts in 59/60 games is maybe a little unrealistic given the overall talent of the defence and forward groups from last year into this year- a lot of graduating players
Lately has gotta crack 100 at least even in 45-50 games . He is wild!

Misa at least 100

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Two near 100 point scorers bodes well for Saginaw.
Willis should be up there too. Maybe not as high as other guys but should be solid. Same with chernyshov and mangone. I assume hay is the 2C? Will have pretty good offence this year. Not going too in depth about the team but oke is solid as well in goal. Just gotta worry about defence from what I can see but the reigning, defending chl defenceman of the year certainly helps.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Willis should be up there too. Maybe not as high as other guys but should be solid. Same with chernyshov and mangone. I assume hay is the 2C? Will have pretty good offence this year. Not going too in depth about the team but oke is solid as well in goal. Just gotta worry about defence from what I can see but the reigning, defending chl defenceman of the year certainly helps.

Chernyshov won’t play till January so if hits 100 points he might be the best ohler ever lol. Epperson is going to be a real sleeper if he plays with misa kid is talented as hell offensively

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Chernyshov won’t play till January so if hits 100 points he might be the best ohler ever lol. Epperson is going to be a real sleeper if he plays with misa kid is talented as hell offensively
Why won’t he play? Is he injured? Didn’t know that about him.

Yeah first game in the OHL and you get 2 goals and 1 assist- great game. Obviously only pre season but still a good effort.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 7
    Staked: $30,494.00