Saginaw Spirit 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 2)

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Absolutely not. Still a penalty that didn't need to be taken. When there are loose cannons like London has Parekh shouldn't be doing more to put a target on his back.
I get what you’re saying. Testosterone is a hard thing to control, especially when the dirt comes shift after shift. Anyways, I agree with HP - the sequence of events was called properly. It will be interesting see the results of review over the next 36 hours.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Lawrence deserves another suspension. Cross Check right to the head of Parkeh.

London Broadcasters saying it's the refs fault, what a joke.
I was laughing out loud listening to those 2. I actually don't mind them (been a bit worse this yr imo but might be age) but that sequence was excruciating to listen too.

LDN pretty obviously runs into Lalonde and they say Saginaw keeps pushing guys into him. Say the cross check is clearly to the shoulder when it's clearly to the side of his head. Totally blame the refs & hold LDN to 0 accountability.

A shame cause as a fan without a rooting interest I've enjoyed the series without the circus. Great hockey..been better than the NHL playoffs honestly. But that 3rd was a joke. Credit to SAG I had them losing in 5 & they could easily be up 3-2 themselves. Been a tight series. See if they can force a G7! Best of luck to the spirit fans

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
Big problem was they were allowed to play like this the entire Rangers series. Hardly saw any of Flint as many games on same nights I was at the Aud. League created a monster by letting it go unchecked, and now are trying to put the genie back in the bottle. I understand London fans' frustration as it was let go for so long... but never should have.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Absolutely not. Still a penalty that didn't need to be taken. When there are loose cannons like London has Parekh shouldn't be doing more to put a target on his back.
If anything the coaching staff should tell them “see what happens when they get pushed even a little. They aren’t some machine with impenetrable armor. Keep pushing them.

Reactions: Living Vicariously

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
If anything the coaching staff should tell them “see what happens when they get pushed even a little. They aren’t some machine with impenetrable armor. Keep pushing them.
Rangers best sequences were at home in games 3 and 4 when they ran around hitting like London. They started looking over their shoulders and coughing up pucks and not making the tape to tape passes they are the best in the league at. Problem is Kitchener didn't have the horses or stamina outside about one 6 minute stint in each game. Saginaw does have the manpower.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I give LDN credit they lose complete composure one night but Dale reels them in by the next game.

We thought the same thing last yr after we tied it 2-2. They were being dumb but then G5&G6 they played stingy as heck.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I give LDN credit they lose complete composure one night but Dale reels them in by the next game.

We thought the same thing last yr after we tied it 2-2. They were being dumb but then G5&G6 they played stingy as heck.
Yeah thats the thing that bothers me. They don't have to do that. They take on all of Dale's personality. The good AND the bad.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
I said before that London has not faced a team that can move the puck as well as Saginaw moves it. If London continues to take penalties, they will not win. However, they are not winning the even strength game either. Kudos on the victory and don’t let negativity on the internet spoil your enthusiasm. Should be an interesting game 6.

Reactions: jimbarrou

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
I've said to opponents that have tried to play stupid physically against the Spirit it all year long... good luck with that. You can't effectively hit what you can't keep up with. They drool with anticipation every time you head to the penalty box.

Reactions: bobber and bcspragu

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
Pretty much what you suspect….just listen to Doyle on the London broadcast - he’ll explain it - lol. Doyle explains everything like we can’t see the replay and figure it out. Should have heard his breakdown on the whole Bonk - Sapivolov - Parekh - Lawrence situation - just laughable hearing the description of what he thought he saw…
Ya according to Doyle, Parekh cross checked Lawrence in the head and Lawrence check was a cross check to the shoulder. LOL. Parekh had one hand on his stick and Lawrence check was to Parekh’s neck. Such a homer. He does the same with every London penalty. Calls some utopian version of events as if the viewers are blind and the refs are somehow listening to him.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Ya according to Doyle, Parekh cross checked Lawrence in the head and Lawrence check was a cross check to the shoulder. LOL. Parekh had one hand on his stick and Lawrence check was to Parekh’s neck. Such a homer. He does the same with every London penalty. Calls some utopian version of events as if the viewers are blind and the refs are somehow listening to him.
We all get annoyed at our TV anylist with dumb statements. The regular ones in Kitchener drive me nuts when they make players sound like the 2nd coming of Gretzky. Listening to homer Doyle and Sloan is like watching this two old guys on the balcony in Sesemi Street.

allfornothing

Aug 4, 2022
Big problem was they were allowed to play like this the entire Rangers series. Hardly saw any of Flint as many games on same nights I was at the Aud. League created a monster by letting it go unchecked, and now are trying to put the genie back in the bottle. I understand London fans' frustration as it was let go for so long... but never should have.
Body checking was banned in the summer! Can't believe Hunter gets away with it! It's clearly cause he buys the refs!

Reactions: Otto

Billyjack

Aug 25, 2018
Kitchener -Waterloo
It's nice they let these 2 moron's out of the home to do these games, especially Doyle. Sloany would be better suited to call horse races. They do make you laugh though

Reactions: bobber

allfornothing

Aug 4, 2022
You can watch the replay, Parekh gives a cross check to the head of Bonk. His second play like that in back to back series. Saginaw gets off both times. If the director of officiating's son was on my team I'd make him captain too

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
You can watch the replay, Parekh gives a cross check to the head of Bonk. His second play like that in back to back series. Saginaw gets off both times. If the director of officiating's son was on my team I'd make him captain too
Please watch the replay (it has been posted). Parekh gives a glove to the shoulder and back of head of Bonk. Good roughing call. At no point does he cross check him.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
it's undeniable that was a dirty penalty that deserved a major and supplementary discipline.

it's also undeniable that parekh did the exact same thing to Travis Hayes in round 2 and somehow walked unpenalized.

officiating/discipline in the OHL is an unmitigated disaster and the optics of the Hache situation was never going to be good. this league just can't help itself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad