Saginaw Spirit 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 2)

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Trust me this is not the team (London Knights) the OHL wants to win this year! Just check in on the Lawrence suspension from the past round. A message was being sent on behalf of the league to the Knights.
Yeah. You wouldn't think so. I didn't like the 3 straight penalties. With Parekh out and Beck likely playing hurt the Spirit don't have much of a chance.

• Haha
Reactions: Otto

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Yeah. You wouldn't think so. I didn't like the 3 straight penalties. With Parekh out and Beck likely playing hurt the Spirit don't have much of a chance.
Yikes they were just saying on the TV next televised game is tomorrow night from Saginaw? If that is accurate that 7 game rough and tumble series against the Soo may be even a bigger factor then we all thought. LOL, Saginaw is back in it they just popped one!

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I think slewfooting is automatic.

1000001066.jpg

Reactions: Fastpace

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
So you're of the mindset that penalties must even out and that a team deserves preferential treatment based on injury status?
No. I thought the 2nd penalty was weak. A couple of taps on the Knight didn't affect the scoring chance.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
They chose a complete shut down in the 3rd and never entertained making an offensive effort of it. Such a disciplined period. They needed it fearing Saginaw injuries heal and mayhaps the worm turns.

Reactions: Fastpace

boknows

Oct 15, 2015
for each of the last 2 games, one of the Saginaw Spirit players in the opening lineup (Rodwin Dionicio) has skated off before the end of the second National Anthem. I find this very disrespectful. Just wonder if he will do the same thing tomorrow night in Saginaw?

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
[/QUOTE]
for each of the last 2 games, one of the Saginaw Spirit players in the opening lineup (Rodwin Dionicio) has skated off before the end of the second National Anthem. I find this very disrespectful. Just wonder if he will do the same thing tomorrow night in Saginaw?
Not surprised, IF TRUE..... based on his reactions when things dont go his way between the whistles.

Reactions: Jay R and sbpointer

BThumme

Oct 2, 2023
Need to see some of the big guns show up for the game tonight. I know Sapovaliv came close yesterday afternoon, but having both goals come from Dionicio isn't a recipe for success.

Bloom, Beck (if he's healthy?), Christo, Sapovaliv - and Parkeh if he plays - need to get on the scoresheet.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Need to see some of the big guns show up for the game tonight. I know Sapovaliv came close yesterday afternoon, but having both goals come from Dionicio isn't a recipe for success.

Bloom, Beck (if he's healthy?), Christo, Sapovaliv - and Parkeh if he plays - need to get on the scoresheet.

Sapovaliv has impressed me as a player. Strong on the puck n a gamer. If someone is going to lead that group he seems a likely pick.

Last edited:

Jay R

Mar 30, 2024
That’s simply not true. Things get a little heated with Flint fans now and then but no
One here cares if you cheer.

Most people here don’t even know where London is.
I've heard some stories from the last series against the soo things go out of hand with some fans but that's just what I've been told not first hand experience

BThumme

Oct 2, 2023
Kudos to Saginaw fans. First time here at your rink and y’all are the friendliest most engaging group of fans I’ve experienced. Love it here!
Should be a great game!

Didn’t get a chance to post yesterday but the London fans were just as courteous and engaging yesterday. Nothing but great things to say. Even had a couple of fans asking for suggestions on stuff for games 3 and 4. 99% of fans in this league are great people.

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
Sim with a spear after the period ends. Can we expect a suspension?

(Am I doing this right?)
No, it was a slash. Should have been 2 mins. He's just a rat always trying to start something to get a response. Unfortunately the refs are too cowardly to call him. He should get about 4 minors for his crap each game, and then Dale would shut him down. Unfortunately that doesn't happen.

ottawarenegader613

May 27, 2016

(Am I doing this right?)
Typically Knights deciding to play "Hunter Hockey" by gooning it up when trailing. Great 2nd Period by the Spirit. Zayne Parekh's presence has pretty much woke this team up. Hope the Spirit keep this effort up in the 3rd period and beware of the Knights as they are a team that doesn't quit even when they are trailing.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus

(Am I doing this right?)
He should be getting something - let’s start with a penalty. Can fully expect crap like that from them after every whistle, and escalating when they’re behind.

Typically Knights deciding to play "Hunter Hockey" by gooning it up when trailing. Great 2nd Period by the Spirit. Zayne Parekh's presence has pretty much woke this team up. Hope the Spirit keep this effort up in the 3rd period and beware of the Knights as they are a team that doesn't quit even when they are trailing.
Isn’t it something that it’s known as “Hunter Hockey” and completely predictable by every other fan base in the league?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00