GDT: Sabres vs Penguins 7PM - TV MSG/NHL Network- Radio WGR 550

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
From what I saw.

1st period they forgot to show up against an ECHL/AHL filled roster.

Scoring 7 goals is what they should have done against that team Pittsburgh iced. We played with pretty much our entire starting roster and they didn't have one top 6 player or top 4 d playing.

Carrying over the last part, the looks they gave Puljujärvi was bad, if Pittsburgh had Crosby and Malkin playing it would probably be 7-7 but I'm hoping Ruff can get that cleaned up.

Peterka looks primed for a big year. Loved Quinn and Benson.

New 4th with Malenstyn, Lafferty and Kuble looked solid.

Reactions: BFLO

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
From what I saw.

1st period they forgot to show up against an ECHL/AHL filled roster.

Scoring 7 goals is what they should have done against that team Pittsburgh iced. We played with pretty much our entire starting roster and they didn't have one top 6 player or top 4 d playing.

Carrying over the last part, the looks they gave Puljujärvi was bad, if Pittsburgh had Crosby and Malkin playing it would probably be 7-7 but I'm hoping Ruff can get that cleaned up.

Peterka looks primed for a big year. Loved Quinn and Benson.

New 4th with Malenstyn, Lafferty and Kuble looked solid.
On the other hand we had this same scenario in a preseason game last season and barely eeked out a win. This is a huge improvement from last season so far.

Reactions: BFLO

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
That 4th line really buzzes!, I want MORE speed from the entire lineup in the regular season.

Last edited:

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Was at the cabin for the weekend, so I only just now got to watch the highlights and read the thread.

Aside from the first 2 minutes it sounds like the opposite of last preseason. Good first game for us. Hopefully they keep it up and this carries over into the regular season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad