GDT: Sabres vs Kings 7 PM ET - TV:MSG Radio: WGR550 - 2024-25 Home Opener!

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
It’s really a bad thing when I spent my night trying to stop someone from breaking their sobriety and doing horse, and it was a better option than watching this game.

So good job Sabres.
I just kind of leave the game on the background now and get caught looking when something exciting is happening and still get mad from it.

I don't like Chad's assesment, allowing more goals than you can score will not have you win any night no matter how much the 'charts' show the Sabres dominating.
And they played a team playing their first real game of the season IN Buffalo the Sabres already got 2 warmup games oh great they outchanced a team that was slow and still lost and didn't even get a point after LEADING into the 3rd.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Ok sure, but like.........they can't do that. They've proved it over these 3 games.
Hoping that's sarcasm.

That was a great game to watch. They hit they battld. Like zucker. He's tough. They need the Donny granato shooting machine. They should be 2 and 1. Probably 1 and 2 but I'm watching one more friggin game. The shite panthas.

If they can play intense like last night and calm. the fook down and shoot w some drawn out swagger they'll blow some good teams out Hopefully thompson takes his frustration out on Florida. They should be able to win even if I watch. If not. Wont watch another til December.

Mr Lindy Ruff.

If that's near our identity, you have them moving in the right direction. We need yiu to hang in there. Clear your body of paraites Fenbedazole, Albendazole, Chlorquinine also helps. Assess eating stress and recover when home, Tons of meds cure simply from toxoplasmosis to strongid. Age is nothing. Take anti fungals fluconazole when traveling fresh cur pineapple w out store preservation tactics help w plane rides wifi and cameras. If rough voice and flem etc , take amoxicillins to full spectrum antibiotics All three types of meds w sleep outside of city away from signal if possible , give yourself days . To heal. All cancers to digestive to skin and eye all derive from some out of control parasite and no doctor was taught that and won't see this obvious fact . Eat lunch outside in what little sun is left in buffalo and enjoy the healing sun w your road trip. My partner here eats green cabbage w everything, cilantro works well. She's a few years younger and athlete and returned to full health and high school weight. It's all removing waste and clearing organs of impediment and you'll have endless energy for even the hamiltons of the world.

Take care of yourself. Remember it's harder on you to be in Buffalo and coach this team , but I'm glad you are here for all of this fanbase after watching that game last night. So we can see you climbing over boards and flipping out like your guys have addressed each cheap shot this year. Hang in there lindy ruff. Winning will be the best healer of all and it will come. Good Luck and Thank You.

That's looking closer to Sabres hockey. At home.

Oh. And to poster above w horse issues.

I quit and then found a balance. Horse and Ds etc are great anti parasite meds as well if not used all thr time , repeatedly so you develop physical need, right chip . It's great to disconnect from all signal. It kills relationships if you daily disconnect and thus the rub. Abstinent can be damaging stress. Get control go months without or years and if u need dont act like u failed. Know yiu were in pain and reconnect when you have emotional perspective. NA is the problem as that's all you think about like another type of elevated disconnect from everyone other than those like you.

Last edited:

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
until the Sabres can figure it out
I'm starting to wonder if they ever will.

This game just seemed like a crap luck cake sprinkled with shit refs on top. The effort level was there, just hit a goalie having a good night. They need the same effort level for the full 60 again next game against Florida. They're coming off a loss, I'm expecting them to come out blazing to start the game. Get the first goal and put them back on their heels.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I wonder if Sammy will be a scratch against FLA for the accountability
I highly doubt it.

Screenshot 2024-10-11 071904.jpg

The Sabres are 2-1-0 on the Deserve To Win O'Meter this season.

The Sabres are 0-3-0 in the standings.

:help:

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
The problem is that the good stretches of play are more due to luck, individual efforts and other teams giving up kinda easy opportunities, then us actually forcing errors and imposing our will as a team. So the momentum comes as quickly as it goes to the flow of the other team getting their heads out of their asses.

I think even the Sabres are surprised when they sustain a little bit of zone pressure, or a pass gets through or a rebound lands in front of them and they wind up in front of the goalie with the puck... so they panic a little, just aim for a corner and probably miss or shoot it right into someone. Or make an extra pass to no one since they think it's what a hockey player would do lol.

I dunno how you fix that. I guess it's kind of a confidence issue. But the whole team is just so sloppy and playing down to the opponent that they'll never find consistency playing this way, even if they win.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I don't like Chad's assesment, allowing more goals than you can score will not have you win any night no matter how much the 'charts' show the Sabres dominating.

Great analysis :clap:

We should all just not watch the games and comment on how well they played based on the final score. I'm sure Kings fans thought that their team played an awesome game and are convinced they'll win a lot games with their level of play last night.

The problem is that the good stretches of play are more due to luck, individual efforts and other teams giving up kinda easy opportunities, then us actually forcing errors and imposing our will as a team. So the momentum comes as quickly as it goes to the flow of the other team getting their heads out of their asses.

This paragraph describes the Kings last night :dunno:

Reactions: dire wolf

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
Sigh. You realize we are now missing the playoffs by a point and this game will be brought up as the reason why in May.

Literally Kevyn Adams, 6 months from now "You know, if the refs don't give the kings a two man advantage late in our home opener, we get at least a point and are in the playoffs right now"
No its not valid to say this, they should make the playoffs . Sabres was the better team But they still sucked in all areas so it wasnt a okey performance. They cant pass or controll the puck, looks horrible when they play . Thompson is slow and it takes to long to slap That puck towards the goalie so its so easy to remove him from the game for the opponents . 3 horrible bad games, they dont deserve to winn if they dont give a good effort

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
And bad teams that are transitioning to a good teams will hit rough patches, especially when you send them to Europe. They had a ton of chances, hit probably 3-4 posts, Kuemper had a save of the year candidate and LA, much like NJ, plays that grind it out vet game. I was happy how they played today and losing on a 5-3 with a few min left to a another playoff team is good progress.

Get the power play working and clean up a few d zone gaffes and they will be fine.

Rough patch is temporary. The team not making the playoffs for 13 years really falls on Botts and Murray for getting talented players and then having no structure or support players to help. They will be fine.
Its Tim Murray's fault? The GM from 8 years ago?

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
This paragraph describes the Kings last night :dunno:
I dunno. The fancy stats might disagree with me, and I might just be overlooking some superhuman goaltending on LA's side, but whatever pressure the Kings had last night (mostly in the third period) just felt more deliberate and dangerous than us.

Our pressure tends to feel more like the same ill advised plays that happened to work out this game more often than it did last game.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
If you play that exact same game 9 more times, I doubt the Kings win again. It was a flukey loss.
I watched the highlights and Buffalo was attacking 9 out of 10 minutes, but they can't score and the PP didn't look very good.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
So tired of the "they should have won" and the "they got goalied". I am a stats guy but you can't just lean on the stats all the time like they capture every single aspect of the game. This team gets "goalied" more often than most teams. Every year there are a dozen games where we joke about making a back up look like prime Hasek. At a certain point in time you need to stop just assuming every goaltender we face becomes super human and you need to acknowledge something is wrong with the way they play. Maybe its not captured in the stats, but something is still wrong.

I would guess that its still the lack of net front presence. If other teams get 11 scoring chances in a period the opposing goaltender is screened for most of them. He has to fight to see the puck. I would guess for ours, Kuemper probably had a clean look at most of them.

And posts? Tired of the posts excuse. You missed. Don't care anymore that a bunch of players almost had one. I hate the excuse when leaf fans use it for why matthews should have a billion more goals and I hate it when it is used to excuse our players. They missed the net, that's it. Doesn't matter if its a post or if they missed by 8 feet.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Great analysis :clap:

We should all just not watch the games and comment on how well they played based on the final score. I'm sure Kings fans thought that their team played an awesome game and are convinced they'll win a lot games with their level of play last night.
Kings played well enough last night to win, no matter how many graphics and charts and deserve to win meters show the Sabres should have won. Kings fans are sleeping just fine.

Good teams find ways to win. This isn't a good team no matter how many excuses people can find out of the first 3 games.

Buffalo already had 2 games played, that was the King's first. They still managed to get the win and I'm sure they will iron out the kinks and play much better from here on out. That was the Sabres best performance of the season and they still found a way to lose.

I'm woke enough to see this team for what they are.

Reactions: sabremike

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future

I think even the Sabres are surprised when they sustain a little bit of zone pressure, or a pass gets through or a rebound lands in front of them and they wind up in front of the goalie with the puck... so they panic a little, just aim for a corner and probably miss or shoot it right into someone. Or make an extra pass to no one since they think it's what a hockey player would do lol.

I dunno how you fix that. I guess it's kind of a confidence issue. But the whole team is just so sloppy and playing down to the opponent that they'll never find consistency playing this way, even if they win.
Hard disagree. I saw a lot of good work to keep the puck in the offensive zone. the passing and zone entries were crisp and clean. there was a stint in the third, after LA scored their first goal, where they stumbled a bit but they got right back on that horse.

This was a game that Kuemper won and Kopitar's hattrick was the difference. When you have two guys carrying a team, that's luck. As mad as i am about the loss, the sabres looked good. they bring this intensity every night, then i am not going to worry too much yet. The wins will start to add up.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Kings played well enough last night to win, no matter how many graphics and charts and deserve to win meters show the Sabres should have won. Kings fans are sleeping just fine.

Good teams find ways to win. This isn't a good team no matter how many excuses people can find out of the first 3 games.

Buffalo already had 2 games played, that was the King's first. They still managed to get the win and I'm sure they will iron out the kinks and play much better from here on out. That was the Sabres best performance of the season and they still found a way to lose.

I'm woke enough to see this team for what they are.
The kings won that game like the Sabres during their 10 game win streak a half decade ago won that game. Down for a large part of the game, handily outplayed, and they capitalize on their few chances and win. It's not sustainable for the Kings, and the Sabres losing that type of game is not sustainable either.

The Sabres played the type of game they needed to last night, but they couldn't finish. I hope Ruff pushes that fact. I'm not trying to cover for them or make excuses, I'm just thinking of the next 79 games and trying to see how we can look forward.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Hard disagree. I saw a lot of good work to keep the puck in the offensive zone. the passing and zone entries were crisp and clean. there was a stint in the third, after LA scored their first goal, where they stumbled a bit but they got right back on that horse.

This was a game that Kuemper won and Kopitar's hattrick was the difference. When you have two guys carrying a team, that's luck. As mad as i am about the loss, the sabres looked good. they bring this intensity every night, then i am not going to worry too much yet. The wins will start to add up.
The thing being that even the best teams do not play like this every single night. This could easily be the exception and not the norm - we saw it frequently last seadon

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad