GDT: Sabres vs Kings 7 PM ET - TV:MSG Radio: WGR550 - 2024-25 Home Opener!

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Blow up these lines. Thompson/Tuch is so 2022. Mcleod to the top line, Tage to the wing. And Quinn to the launchpad for mission sun.

And somebody 'splain to Ruff his D pairings need work too. And this PP...wtf.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Blow up these lines. Thompson/Tuch is so 2022. Mcleod to the top line, Tage to the wing. And Quinn to the launchpad for mission sun.

And somebody 'splain to Ruff his D pairings need work too. And this PP...wtf.

I have been thinking Tage at least needs a stint on the wing, get him to simplify his game

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Nothing to be said - you don’t get the “ah well we got goalie’d” excuse after the amount of shit the fans have gone through.

However OP has looked like he’s taken another big step. So has Byram.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
This is so embarrassing, I cannot take this anymore , we are the laughing stock of the NHL. My trust in Adam’s is pretty much gone

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I'll have to read thru the posts but WTF happened tonight. Kopitar hat trick?? Seriously?

Saw periods 1 and most of 2 and the Sabres had energy but couldn't finish........

So frickin disappointing......

Adams has had long enough. And Pegula, please sell this team.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
And bad teams that are transitioning to a good teams will hit rough patches, especially when you send them to Europe. They had a ton of chances, hit probably 3-4 posts, Kuemper had a save of the year candidate and LA, much like NJ, plays that grind it out vet game. I was happy how they played today and losing on a 5-3 with a few min left to a another playoff team is good progress.

Get the power play working and clean up a few d zone gaffes and they will be fine.
I'm done with the excuse making. The core isn't adequate and Adams stayed with them for another season of this shit.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Listen, I know the Sabres dig their own holes and Kevyn is a clown, and the well of mercy has dried up a long time ago. I know that refs don't matter, it's not their fault we lost tonight and it's not their fault this franchise is a garbage heap. But man. When I drive a net 2.5 hours longer than i already have to commute each day, on a work night, to go watch my team, when I just pull into my driveway at twelve minutes to midnight after watching that. And I see Zucker take a kidney shot in front of me, for free, no consequence, by a team that was incapable of doing SHIT all night. A team that earned nothing, because they were GARBAGE. The Kings. and then they board Lafferty right in front of me AGAIN, for f***ing no reason, with no consequence. And then, with two minutes to go, that garbage team who did nothing, gets a power play in a tie game, because of the softest accidental reverse check you've ever seen? Man, that put me in a bad way. If I saw those zebras writhing on the ground in agony, i'd spit on them and move on. I wouldn't actually do that, but it's difficult to put into words how frustrating it was to see that

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
It won't be that easy. They will come around, get our hopes up, get everyone excited, and have a heroic run to 9th place, hurting our draft position and ensuring another year of a poorly run operation

If they are out of it in February, at least we'll get a new GM, right?
:laugh:

Listen, I know the Sabres dig their own holes and Kevyn is a clown, and the well of mercy has dried up a long time ago. I know that refs don't matter, it's not their fault we lost tonight and it's not their fault this franchise is a garbage heap. But man. When I drive a net 2.5 hours longer than i already have to commute each day, on a work night, to go watch my team, when I just pull into my driveway at twelve minutes to midnight after watching that. And I see Zucker take a kidney shot in front of me, for free, no consequence, by a team that was incapable of doing SHIT all night. A team that earned nothing, because they were GARBAGE. The Kings. and then they board Lafferty right in front of me AGAIN, for f***ing no reason, with no consequence. And then, with two minutes to go, that garbage team who did nothing, gets a power play in a tie game, because of the softest accidental reverse check you've ever seen? Man, that put me in a bad way. If I saw those zebras writhing on the ground in agony, i'd spit on them and move on. I wouldn't actually do that, but it's difficult to put into words how frustrating it was to see that
Sabres receive zero respect from the refs. That's been the situation for years now. It ain't changing. No one in power cares and no one is going to change that until the franchise learns how to win.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
****ed by the refs, no finish, already trending towards getting buried in the standings before October even ends

Cool
Team can't score. I don't know why but they had plenty of good scoring chances in the 1st and 2nd ...(all that I saw)

Same story as last year. Did someone just think it was bad luck and it would change on its own?

Greenway played well, but the fact that he didn’t even get a shot on goal on those 2 great chances in the second is indicative of how light the team is on skill
"how light the team is on skill"...... yep. words of wisdom.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I'm done with the excuse making. The core isn't adequate and Adams stayed with them for another season of this shit.
If I had to guess, Lindy probably didn't want to start mixing up lines while implementing his strategies/game plans. I think they have another week or so to start meshing before lines get juggled. I like Greenway on the top line, he has been really helping there. If they blow it up.

Greenway Thompson Cozens

Peterka McLeod Tuch

Benson Krebs Quinn

Zucker Lafferty Malenstyn

NAK

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
:laugh:

Sabres receive zero respect from the refs. That's been the situation for years now. It ain't changing. No one in power cares and no one is going to change that until the franchise learns how to win.
I don't know how this doesn't eventually break players. I would have gone to jail if i was on the ice sheet with those f***ers. that stick wouldn't have broken over the glass.

Reactions: sabremike

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
With the net empty, and a King chasing the puck behind the net, both sabres in the zone made a beeline for that player, neither one looking behind themselves to see the King all alone for the easy one-timer

Reactions: sabremike

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Just finished watching this one. I'm just gonna call this a freakish game. I watched the Kings' broadcast, and even they were saying that Buffalo completely dominated them all night. Kuemper stole this one, and they had really bad puck luck. You can talk about Adams, Pegula, the drought, whatever. They easily should have won this one. The eye test and the advanced stats tell the same story. Multiple posts. Benson's no-goal missing by a nano-second, etc. Obviously, the PP still needs a lot of work though.

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
Not sure I can do another year of it. Yeah they played well, but 0-3 with Florida next seems like they’re gonna be fighting to get back to .500 until December. I’ll try and enjoy the bills until the Sabres can figure it out

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Two wins in the deserve to win o meter. Three goals on the season.

They didn’t need to add skill, I was told by the most unqualified GM in sports history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad