Pre-Game Talk: GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs Philadelphia Flyers | Fri. Oct 11th | 7pm PST | SNP | Alex Edler Appreciation Day

cc

Feb 28, 2002
it feels like it's been a long time since they've beaten the flyers so I'm predicting a loss

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Alex Edler Night - hope the Canucks can post a win for one of the greatest to wear the sweater.

His huge hit on Drew Doughty is probably the first thing I think of when I think highlights from him. But he had an underrated cannon from the point. Not as frequent and lethally accurate as Sami Salo’s, but when he got everything on it and on target, it was a blast.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
I wonder if Tocchet will need to change the strategy of defending leads with Demko out. I'm not sure if turtleing is the way to go. Especially with Silovs who does well with the in close and side to side shuts but struggles with longer shots.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Seemed like the Canucks were too fast for their own good, lots of big gaps and open space as a result, maybe play a bit more structured and controlled, especially in the offensive and defensive zones.

My optimistic view for now unless things don't start improving in the near future:

Ferraro put it best yesterday when he described the game as "October hockey".

Every year we see loose high-scoring games to start the season and then things eventually settle down once teams have solidified their systems and coaches have filtered out the players they don't believe fit.

I think last season the Canucks were extremely dialed in compared to the average team when it came to their preparation to start the season, and we saw a dip in the second half once other teams caught up.

With several new players this season and the many possible lineup combinations, perhaps we'll need a bit more time this year to figure things out.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Sounded like on the radio today they thought Lankinen may get the start based on practice reps. I hope so.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
First time watched an Orca game live in the arena was vs Flyers. We won 6-2, Andrew Alberts got into a fight, and the crowd jeered the Flyers goalie thusly:

Boooooooooooooooucher

Boooooooooooooooucher

IMG_0017.jpeg

The mighty Andrew Alberts!!!!

Reactions: valkynax

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Lines in a blender
Switch Hughes Hronek
Silovs to Abby
Trade Pettersson
Bag skate

Priceless

Bains probably plays with Raty Garland and they give Suter another few days to get healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad