GDT: Sabres vs Kings 7 PM ET - TV:MSG Radio: WGR550 - 2024-25 Home Opener!

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
With the season starting I decided to renew my ESPN+ account. I already have Disney+ and Hulu, both on like $2 a month deals I caught along the way.

So I log into ESPN+ and go to my account. It says I have to manage the account with some "MYDISNEY" service. Fine. Whatever.

I have to reverify that account and log in.

Then it tells me I have an active Disney+ account, and it redirects me there. I go through the entire verification crap again.

Oh, you have an active Hulu account. You'll have to manage everything through there. More verification stupidity, yada yada yada.

What should have been a simple 2 or 3 minute transaction TO GIVE THEM MONEY turned into a 15 minute ordeal waiting on them to repeatedly email me confirmation codes.

Just. Take. My. Damned. Money!!

:huh:

End result... I'll be watching tonight's game fully and completely legally!!

Wooooo!! Lets Go Sabres!!!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
With the season starting I decided to renew my ESPN+ account. I already have Disney+ and Hulu, both on like $2 a month deals I caught along the way.

So I log into ESPN+ and go to my account. It says I have to manage the account with some "MYDISNEY" service. Fine. Whatever.

Then it tells me I have an active Disney+ account, and it redirects me there. I go through the entire verification crap again.

Oh, you have an active Hulu account. You'll have to manage everything through there. More verification stupidity, yada yada yada.

What should have been a simple 2 or 3 minute transaction TO GIVE THEM MONEY turned into a 15 minute ordeal waiting on them to repeatedly email me confirmation codes.

Watch out, my Disney+ bundle just went up to 21.99 a month after being initially 12 or 13 bucks when I first got it back in 2019.

Reactions: Ehran

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Watch out, my Disney+ bundle just went up to 21.99 a month after being initially 12 or 13 bucks when I first got it back in 2019.
I've got the "with ads" version and its going up to $16/month in a couple of days.

The majority of what I'll watch will be hockey and it already has built in commercial breaks, so no big deal to me.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I think the Sabres are going to come out flatter than sheet of paper. They've had what? 1 optional practice, 1 practice and 1 game day skate since coming back from Europe?

I think it'll be up to Upie to keep us in the game while we get our game legs back. I also think/hope that we'll close strong.

I said this elsewhere and I'll say it again -- I do think that the travel is going to screw with us for this game and the game with the Panthers.....although hopefully much less so against the Panthers. So I'm not going to be too harsh on them, unless they completely and totally decide not to show up tonight.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

I've been an ESPN+ member literally since its inception and I STILL have to reverify and log into ESPN+ just about once a month. It works, but it's maddening.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Right now, ESPN.com is saying that TOR-NJ is blacked out and LAK-BUF is not for me....

Screenshot 2024-10-10 135250.jpg

May 2, 2005
Niagara Falls
I think the Sabres are going to come out flatter than sheet of paper. They've had what? 1 optional practice, 1 practice and 1 game day skate since coming back from Europe?

I think it'll be up to Upie to keep us in the game while we get our game legs back. I also think/hope that we'll close strong.

I said this elsewhere and I'll say it again -- I do think that the travel is going to screw with us for this game and the game with the Panthers.....although hopefully much less so against the Panthers. So I'm not going to be too harsh on them, unless they completely and totally decide not to show up tonight.

I am hoping that a week stewing on the their performance in Prague allows them to dominate a team playing their first(compound this with the Kings being a mid-level team).

I know my brain is trying to will positivity be cause after tonight, 3 of their next 4 games are against teams I envision finishing near the bottom of their divisions. 4 -3 would be delicious after the start they had.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Would you guys say ESPN would be the best streaming service to get the most Sabres games? I've considered subbing so I can get better streams, but with the amount of streaming services that have some games blackouts, etc. It's very difficult to determine if any service is even worth it.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Would you guys say ESPN would be the best streaming service to get the most Sabres games? I've considered subbing so I can get better streams, but with the amount of streaming services that have some games blackouts, etc. It's very difficult to determine if any service is even worth it.
Do you have a friend that lives in Buff and still has DirecTV

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Depends on where you live. If you live in the Buffalo area, ESPN+ is worthless.

If you live in the US but outside the Buffalo area, then yes I'd highly recommend ESPN+. Yes, national games on TNT will be blacked out. There might be one or two ESPN exclusive, and if the NHL Network decides to broadcast a game, ESPN+ gets blacked out.

I pay like $12 a month for ESPN+ only, I get national/NHLN games blacked out as well as any BUF vs: PIT or PHI or NYR games blacked out. But I still get like 55-60 games over season.....and I find it highly worth it.

Reactions: KiwiGriff

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Do you have a friend that lives in Buff and still has DirecTV
The closest thing I jave to a friend in Buffalo is you guys. Is that sad? It makes me sad.

Depends on where you live. If you live in the Buffalo area, ESPN+ is worthless.

If you live in the US but outside the Buffalo area, then yes I'd highly recommend ESPN+. Yes, national games on TNT will be blacked out. There might be one or two ESPN exclusive, and if the NHL Network decides to broadcast a game, ESPN+ gets blacked out.

I pay like $12 a month for ESPN+ only, I get national/NHLN games blacked out as well as any BUF vs: PIT or PHI or NYR games blacked out. But I still get like 55-60 games over season.....and I find it highly worth it.
That might work. I don't live in the US but I do have a VPN.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I signed up for MSG+. It's expensive, yet still cheaper than a year of cable. I am also hoping that this gives me access to devils, rangers, and isles games but i am not sure if those a regional.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
The closest thing I jave to a friend in Buffalo is you guys. Is that sad? It makes me sad.

That might work. I don't live in the US but I do have a VPN.

I had problems with ESPN+ working with my VPN last season

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

I get Disney + , ESPN + and Hulu for free with my Verizon phone plan and had to go thru the same BS ... Only problem is I live in Sabre territory so ESPN + is worthless to me.. somehow my VPN doesn't work with ESPN plus anymore. So I am currently paying 99 bucks a month for FUBO.

• Wow
Reactions: Ehran and oldgoalie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad