Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign Taylor Hall. 1 year, $8M

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Hall trying to run McCabe over just keeps playing in my head. 1) that was amusing then and 2) it’s more amusing now they are on the same team.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Agree on the TO media, but there clearly is an internal cap. With 10F, 8D, 1G, they are at $67M and change, with Olafsson, Reinhart, and Ullmark to go.
How is it clear when the off-season isn't over? Those three are going to put them close to the cap as it is, close enough that it wouldn't make sense to call a few million short an internal cap.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Yeah there is clearly no internal cap lol

Elliotte Friedmann should stop appearing on Instigators. He hasn't been right on Buffalo news since Botterill was fired, typically just gives negative Buffalo news, and thought Botterill was a fine GM for us.

That old boys club didn't like the Botterill firing, which is why TSN Free Agency had a "WiLl JaCk EiChEl DeMaNd OuT?" segment. I reiterate, f*** the Toronto media.

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
Elliotte Friedmann should stop appearing on Instigators. He hasn't been right on Buffalo news since Botterill was fired, typically just gives negative Buffalo news, and thought Botterill was a fine GM for us.

That old boys club didn't like the Botterill firing, which is why Free Agency had a "WiLl JaCk EiChEl DeMaNd OuT?" segment. I reiterate, f*** the Toronto media.

yeah I’m just outside of Toronto in Burlington and I can’t watch Tsn.... or sportsnet. Never anything good to say about the sabres. Oneil is such a f***ing tool too. The “o” dog can go f himself

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
yeah I’m just outside of Toronto in Burlington and I can’t watch Tsn.... or sportsnet. Never anything good to say about the sabres. Oneil is such a f***ing tool too. The “o” dog can go f himself

My wife's from Newfoundland, so she always wondered where my extreme distaste for the Maple Leafs came from, since we haven't played meaningful games against each other in 20 years.

Then she got here, and saw how Toronto is all over the Buffalo radio waves, and especially in hockey. It sucks, because they're company mandated to favor all Leafs news all the time.

It didn't bother me when Burke was GM, because he had them in perfect mediocrity. However, since they drafted Matthews, it's been constant noise about how they're the chosen hockey city, and Buffalo is the lowly scum. Toronto's a nice city, with nice people, and friendly fans, but the media giant propaganda machine around them makes them so easily hate-able. It's why I root for the Bruins when they play each other.

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
My wife's from Newfoundland, so she always wondered where my extreme distaste for the Maple Leafs came from, since we haven't played meaningful games against each other in 20 years.

Then she got here, and saw how Toronto is all over the Buffalo radio waves, and especially in hockey. It sucks, because they're company mandated to favor all Leafs news all the time.

It didn't bother me when Burke was GM, because he had them in perfect mediocrity. However, since they drafted Matthews, it's been constant noise about how they're the chosen hockey city, and Buffalo is the lowly scum. Toronto's a nice city, with nice people, and friendly fans, but the media giant propaganda machine around them makes them so easily hate-able. It's why I root for the Bruins when they play each other.

Yeah I hear ya. But I honestly can’t stand 80% of the fans. Most don’t even know hockey and they only listen to said Toronto media. Bring nothing to an arguement. Unbelievably unbiased. There’s nothing I’d rather see (if we miss the playoffs like we have) than the tire fire that is the leafs in the playoffs. I just love seeing their fans turn on everyone and everything around the organization. A goalie that keeps you in every game, but maybe gives up a dubious goal in a 2-1 playoff game? TRADE HIM!!! Some coach you praised when you got him , but now he’s a total idiot?? FIRE HIM!! Same goes for the brilliant Mr.Dubas. When he first came around / when things go good EVERY THING HE DOES IS A MASSIVE WIN IN LEAF FANS EYES. It could literally be like the swapping of 7th rounders like they did at the draft and they’ll be like “LOL DUBAS IS A GENIIUZ!” “LOLLLL DUBAS AGAIN!!!” But as soon as shit gets tough, it’s “dubas sucks” “dubas doesn’t know what he’s doing”. I Effin live for it. Then they just re set in off season and every irrelevant little move is some win. Like AKA Johansson trade. They were putting that little f*** in every single trade proposal for like stud dmen, as the main piece going back. Then they trade him and ohhh good job dubas! I just hate the way they are lmao shall I continue???

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Moving back to Hall & I didn't see this anywhere else in the thread - structurally his situation is very much like Marian Hossa when he first hit UFA. Signed 1 year big money deal & then got his long term payday.

Hopefully things work out & he ends up signing the big deal in Buffalo & not a Chicago equivalent.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I wonder who Friedmann's source was? I suspect Sexton. I think Steve Greeley had one of those George Costanza jobs.

Reactions: Gabrielor

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Hall trying to run McCabe over just keeps playing in my head. 1) that was amusing then and 2) it’s more amusing now they are on the same team.
Completely forgot about that until now. One of the big wins to start the season

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Yeah I hear ya. But I honestly can’t stand 80% of the fans. Most don’t even know hockey and they only listen to said Toronto media. Bring nothing to an arguement. Unbelievably unbiased. There’s nothing I’d rather see (if we miss the playoffs like we have) than the tire fire that is the leafs in the playoffs. I just love seeing their fans turn on everyone and everything around the organization. A goalie that keeps you in every game, but maybe gives up a dubious goal in a 2-1 playoff game? TRADE HIM!!! Some coach you praised when you got him , but now he’s a total idiot?? FIRE HIM!! Same goes for the brilliant Mr.Dubas. When he first came around / when things go good EVERY THING HE DOES IS A MASSIVE WIN IN LEAF FANS EYES. It could literally be like the swapping of 7th rounders like they did at the draft and they’ll be like “LOL DUBAS IS A GENIIUZ!” “LOLLLL DUBAS AGAIN!!!” But as soon as shit gets tough, it’s “dubas sucks” “dubas doesn’t know what he’s doing”. I Effin live for it. Then they just re set in off season and every irrelevant little move is some win. Like AKA Johansson trade. They were putting that little f*** in every single trade proposal for like stud dmen, as the main piece going back. Then they trade him and ohhh good job dubas! I just hate the way they are lmao shall I continue???

It sounds like you're describing some of their more 'lively' posters on hf. My recommendation is the ignore button. It's been so helpful in dealing with the mains. Just recently, I had a good old Rangers fans cleansing after one too many Eichel takes.

It's the way to deal on this site.

Reactions: RWatson29

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
It sounds like you're describing some of their more 'lively' posters on hf. My recommendation is the ignore button. It's been so helpful in dealing with the mains. Just recently, I had a good old Rangers fans cleansing after one too many Eichel takes.

It's the way to deal on this site.

ahh okay I never knew that. Thanks!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad