Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign Taylor Hall. 1 year, $8M

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
That was one impressive introduction by Taylor Hall. Came across as a real down to earth guy. “I’m a hockey player, I’m making $8 million, I don’t have anything to complain about.” Wow, I’m a big fan now.

It's great to see. Early on in his career there was always rumors about him being cocky, sounds like he has really matured and after being on the teams he has been on he really understands team structure and truly believes we are close to turning a corner.

Bferra13

Apr 7, 2019
My dream scenario is that Hall has a good year, loves the team and the city, and we simultaneously (1) move Okposo to Seattle and (2) re-sign Hall to a long term deal for not completely bonkers money.

So many options open up if you somehow ship out Okposo. If Adams can make that happen, that's a tough sell though. But heck yeah, dream scenario right there.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
So many options open up if you somehow ship out Okposo. If Adams can make that happen, that's a tough sell though. But heck yeah, dream scenario right there.

Don't think it's that much of a dream scenario - give Seattle our 1st and they'll likely take Okposo.

Reactions: Vito_81

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Listening to TSN overdrive Toronto. It’s like do you guys not have anything from Taylor halls Presser today If you’re going to talk about it. They are just shook he signed in Buffalo and are all convinced he did just cuz that’s all that was there. Taylor clearly said he turned down multiple offers and wanted to be in Buffalo.

f*** the Toronto media. They got it all wrong on Buffalo all off-season. Internal cap my ass.

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
cut.png

Leafmealone11

Aug 7, 2020
I'm not your fella, guy...

Feel free to keep completely and utterly missing the initial point while you again drop in with these sage nuggets about how in your enlightened option we can be happy about this signing while also pointing out that it's a clear "fact" it only happened because we are being used by the player to pump up his own value for the future.

If you can't figure out on your own why it's a low class, condescending move to drop into a thread on another teams board about big player signing for the sole purpose of saying that that the player is only here to "play me first hockey rack up as many points as possible and run for the hills" there's probably not a lot I can say that will elucidate you.

It's a public forum, sure, and I guess no one can force you to not post this sort of nonsense, but it's poor form, and it, along with your lack of anything to back up your "facts" will be pointed out. If that bothers you, feel free to post all you want on your own teams board, or in a general thread but as others have said, stuff off and "leaf' us alone.

If you can’t hear anything you don’t want to hear without insulting people it is your class in question not mine.
If you can’t let certain posters post “in here’ because it’s yours and they don’t belong I think you might have your own issues and it goes far deeper than anything being said in here.
I’m my name was buffalo bill or buff ruffalo you would have zero problems with my post
Instead of being condescending, insulting, rude and trying to run others off how about you calm down grow up and learn how to handle what you disagree with like an adult. You don’t need to look for reasons to silence others and you don’t need to have a long winded pouting insulting reaction to a harmless post that means nothing and btw is extremely accurate

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
If you can’t hear anything you don’t want to hear without insulting people it is your class in question not mine.
If you can’t let certain posters post “in here’ because it’s yours and they don’t belong I think you might have your own issues and it goes far deeper than anything being said in here.
I’m my name was buffalo bill or buff ruffalo you would have zero problems with my post
Instead of being condescending, insulting, rude and trying to run others off how about you calm down grow up and learn how to handle what you disagree with like an adult. You don’t need to look for reasons to silence others and you don’t need to have a long winded pouting insulting reaction to a harmless post that means nothing and btw is extremely accurate

Hope you feel better.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
My brother texted me with "Taylor Hall??"

I hadn't been paying attention to the news, and I replied with "huh?" He sent $8M/1yr. I thought he was BS'ing me, until I searched on here real quick. My jaw hit the desk. What a grab. I'm sure there were a few factors on this signing, but I feel like this has Ralph's prints on it for sure, glad he could help talk him here.

Him and Jack on the same line? Lordy.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Looks like they deleted the tweet for some reason. Guess someone wasn’t supposed to let his number out yet lol. They get a pass today.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
f*** the Toronto media. They got it all wrong on Buffalo all off-season. Internal cap my ass.

Agree on the TO media, but there clearly is an internal cap. With 10F, 8D, 1G, they are at $67M and change, with Olafsson, Reinhart, and Ullmark to go.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Agree on the TO media, but there clearly is an internal cap. With 10F, 8D, 1G, they are at $67M and change, with Olafsson, Reinhart, and Ullmark to go.

those three guys will take up almost all of the 13 million left. If not all of it. That’s two of last years first liners and the starting goalie.

Last edited:

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY

You're really low-balling those 3, then.

Montour won't be traded because he signed a 1 year deal, ending in UFA....Reinhart, Ullmark, Olofsson will keep the cap in the Toronto-reported low 70s....some interesting positions today.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
You're really low-balling those 3, then.

Montour won't be traded because he signed a 1 year deal, ending in UFA....Reinhart, Ullmark, Olofsson will keep the cap in the Toronto-reported low 70s....some interesting positions today.

Signing that one year deal is what makes him a perfect candidate for a trade.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Signing that one year deal is what makes him a perfect candidate for a trade.

I know.

1. Risto is unlikely to be traded ; Krueger is repeatedly on record saying he likes him a lot.
2. They just re-signed Montour , he also is not getting traded.
3. McCabe isn't even in the top 4 NOW.
Current rostered defensemen that would play over Pilut, in no particular order:
Risto
Miller
Montour
Dahlin
Jokiharju
McCabe

Pilut only plays if there is an injury or maintenance day. Otherwise he's in the press box. Which was his reason for leaving, he wanted to play, not watch.

4. The Sabres qualified Pilut, and thus continue to hold his NHL rights should he decide to leave the KHL. They have lost nothing. Their mistake was understanding that the kid wanted to see the ice, there was no room for him, and they should have traded him somewhere that he would play. Make the player happen, get a return for the asset.

1. Agreed

2. Completely disagree. That's a trade-able asset.

3. I'd rather un-sign Taylor Hall right now, then watch another minute of Montour-Ristolainen.

4. Exactly; a smart GM can bring him back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad