Confirmed with Link: Sabres Sign G James Reimer to 1-year, $1 million Deal

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Love this signing, especially Reimer being on a two-way contract.

It provides the ultimate in flexibility for Levi's development, providing a legit, veteran backup for UPL, and having an injury insurance policy.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Let's gift him a spot instead of develop him and take pressure off. He needs a full season in the AHL. UPL and Reimer are fine.

As someone who carried the load early and often about making sure that Levi spent time in the AHL, you don’t need to tell me what the development path needs to be. What I’m saying is th general manager has said that his tandem is going to be UPL and Levi.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
As someone who carried the load early and often about making sure that Levi spent time in the AHL, you don’t need to tell me what the development path needs to be. What I’m saying is th general manager has said that his tandem is going to be UPL and Levi.
Kevyn sometimes gets confused in his testimony and sometimes lies, like all GMs.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
I'm guessing the one-way implies:
  1. Reimer will be on the opening night roster.
  2. Reimer won't be sent down unless Levi proves he's outgrown the AHL.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Because even though I turn 50yo in a week, my memory is still functional.

:sarcasm:
There you go, bragging about your youth again......

1719933015592.png

1719933141041.png

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
I like the signing but I am in the opinion that if Levi is better, Levi should be the #2. This team needs to start tasting the post season.

And UPL is no lock. We all know how goalies are from year to year.

Reactions: paulmm3

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Very nice signing. Season shouldn't be cooked if Reimer has to start 25 games due to injury to UPL or Levi.

Some nice experience a la Anderson to have around our two still-developing guys too. Comrie wasn't a perfect fit for that imo with his personality and career status so uncertain.
I just pray to God that they do not keep 3 goalies out of camp.
The trio was never ideal long-term. I still believe it was about promising Levi at least a chance at the NHL to entice him to sign. Which I think was worth it to get him in the fold, even though the first six weeks were awkward.

Having UPL and Levi as an unproven young tandem was untenable, so Comrie was always going to stick around. Bailing on UPL was the only way to initially reduce the trio to a tandem without, again I believe, going back on a promise to Levi. I'm ultimately very glad Adams kept both young goalies under control.

If the "promise" has been disproven somewhere, let me know so I can drop it.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
They had to sign 2 goalies or else Roch wouldn't have a tandem.
Reimer hasn't played in the AHL in 14 years. I have faith. I can't believe a person can be employed as an NHL GM and not understand something as rudimentary as goalies needing to play to get better. This literally just happened with UPL last year where he didn't start getting better till he started playing full time.

Reactions: SharkInABoloTie

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I was thinking this morning that I don't want them messing with UPL confidence early in the season and have him looking over his shoulder at Levi. Let him RUN with Reimer as the backup, get Levi those Roch starts and go from there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad