OT: Thread About Nothing (part # who cares)

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Maybe I don’t know enough about fireworks, but why is it that people go like 5-10 minutes in between blasts? They make you think they might be done for the night and give you hope, then 5-10 minutes later they blow another few off and repeat.
The Bond villains at it again or thr Schwarzenegger villains? I know both live in your neighborhood.

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm going to go to grocery store and see if they have any good eggplant...

I think I'm going to make eggplant today.

Peel and then soak in milk is the key.... nobody wants that impossible to chew and digest eggplant skin. Gross.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Peel and then soak in milk is the key.... nobody wants that impossible to chew and digest eggplant skin. Gross.
I’d love to BBQ something today but I’m still on Covid quarantine. Maybe I’ll have to have the wife bring something in but she dislikes BBQ.

Happy Indpeendence Day to all of the group. Big shout out to @britdevil for being a good sport about being razzed by me. Enjoy Silverstone this weekend. Stay safe everyone especially those who pass through @Bleedred ’s neighborhood

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I’d love to BBQ something today but I’m still on Covid quarantine. Maybe I’ll have to have the wife bring something in but she dislikes BBQ.

Happy Indpeendence Day to all of the group. Big shout out to @britdevil for being a good sport about being razzed by me. Enjoy Silverstone this weekend. Stay safe everyone especially those who pass through @Bleedred ’s neighborhood
Wait ..you have COVID? I missed that. Are you sick?

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
One thing that has caused me to consider moving out of state is how out of control people are with fireworks here.

I'd prefer to hear molotov cocktails going off, as long as they're thrown directly at the people who keep shooting off fireworks all night. Now that would be f***ing awesome.

People running down the road, skin on fire.
private use of fireworks is now illegal in colorado, and i love it

Reactions: Bleedred

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
So, what if every time you went to sleep and you woke up you passed into a nearby and very similar universe - but not quite the same. Depending on your choices and how you live your life, it's how you wake up and what new one you pop into on the other side - and everyone is just a little bit different. The whole world changes just a little bit every time you make a decision one way or the other.

Just because the world is static when you are awake - you have no idea what is happening when you're asleep. And when you wake up again, you have this foggy recollection of the past, and that's what we're going by.

We dream. Weird shit happens when you're dreaming. What's that about? We don't even know. We have no idea what that is. This soup of possibilities that's swirling through in between your ears while you're snoring up a storm.

And then boom - you wake up. Like, are you sure those memories are real? Are you sure this isn't a whole completely new universe that you're living in today.
IMG_4597.jpeg

IMG_4001.jpeg

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm getting tired of seeing my kayak sit in the garage unusable because I'm waiting for registration. It's a freaking kayak with a trolling motor. Why does it have to be registered? And 6-8 weeks? Are you kidding? Ugh....

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I still never drink when I fish...after for sure! But never during.

I'm not sure why so many people link the two? I mean I'm moving and doing stuff while I am fishing and I like to sit and relax when I am drinking.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
all over a trolling motor? damn the torpedos and go for it. if you get fined just do this

Getting fined is whatever. Losing my fishing gear would be devastating.

I still never drink when I fish...after for sure! But never during.

I'm not sure why so many people link the two? I mean I'm moving and doing stuff while I am fishing and I like to sit and relax when I am drinking.

Yeah no drinking for me while fishing ever.

Since I have had so much time I've been modding the hell out of this thing.

Attachments

• 1000001929.jpg
    1000001929.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: JK3 and JimEIV

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I'm getting tired of seeing my kayak sit in the garage unusable because I'm waiting for registration. It's a freaking kayak with a trolling motor. Why does it have to be registered? And 6-8 weeks? Are you kidding? Ugh....

Holy crap that thing is awesome! The best part is while you wait you can customize the crap out of it, looks like you did haha. I think any kayak with a motor needs to be registered in NJ, you might need a title as well and to get the title you have to give them the manufactures MSO. I wonder if you have to get your boating safety certificate, that might just be for saltwater though.

It was such a pain in the ass to get my boat that I built registered in NJ. I had to get a marine surveyor to come out an do a thorough inspection and write up a report (32 pages holy crap!). Provide him with the plans, a list of materials and build sheet, receipts, photos, etc. After I got the report I had to write a letter stating it was me who built it with all the build info, get it notarized and send that stuff in to get insurance.

Then with the insurance I could trailer it down to have the State Marine Police inspect it so they could give me my hull ID number. Then take all that crap to the DMV and go through the whole process of proving it was my boat again to get my title and then finally the registration. It seems like it took forever.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Holy crap that thing is awesome! The best part is while you wait you can customize the crap out of it, looks like you did haha. I think any kayak with a motor needs to be registered in NJ, you might need a title as well and to get the title you have to give them the manufactures MSO. I wonder if you have to get your boating safety certificate, that might just be for saltwater though.

It was such a pain in the ass to get my boat that I built registered in NJ. I had to get a marine surveyor to come out an do a thorough inspection and write up a report (32 pages holy crap!). Provide him with the plans, a list of materials and build sheet, receipts, photos, etc. After I got the report I had to write a letter stating it was me who built it with all the build info, get it notarized and send that stuff in to get insurance.

Then with the insurance I could trailer it down to have the State Marine Police inspect it so they could give me my hull ID number. Then take all that crap to the DMV and go through the whole process of proving it was my boat again to get my title and then finally the registration. It seems like it took forever.

That's way worse than what I have to go through!

In PA, I don't need a title for the boat, just registration. Also don't need a boaters safety cert, but I have one either way.

This kayak will be pretty badass by the time I'm able to take it out :laugh:

Reactions: My3Sons

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
That's way worse than what I have to go through!

In PA, I don't need a title for the boat, just registration. Also don't need a boaters safety cert, but I have one either way.

This kayak will be pretty badass by the time I'm able to take it out :laugh:
Ok cool, PA is totally different. Yeah you have to post pics when you launch it.

Reactions: JimEIV and My3Sons

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love

@britdevil

Reactions: britdevil

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
liquor stores might go on strike for 2 weeks at midnight tonight...

i stocked up

a 40 of rye
a 40 of vodka
1 L of sweet vermooth
and 6 bottles of wine

(i can still buy wine at grocery stores but not the one 5 minutes away...i have to travel just under 20 minutes to one that sells)

Reactions: My3Sons and JimEIV

HoliksGhost

Oct 24, 2007
liquor stores might go on strike for 2 weeks at midnight tonight...

i stocked up

a 40 of rye
a 40 of vodka
1 L of sweet vermooth
and 6 bottles of wine

(i can still buy wine at grocery stores but not the one 5 minutes away...i have to travel just under 20 minutes to one that sells)
Waitzzzz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad