Confirmed with Link: Sabres Sign G James Reimer to 1-year, $1 million Deal; On Waivers 10/6/2024

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I was wrong.

I guess with Reimer signing on day 2 of free agency he took the best (only?) money. He knew what he he signed up for with Levi in the picture.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Could be closer to Skudra back in the day - they claimed him from Boston, he got 1 minute of 1 game and then wound up going back to the Bruins.

Haha yea. And the best part is a picture exists of him on the ice for that minute. It looks like it was taken with a potato, but it exists.

The weirder thing is there’s action shots on Getty of Michael Leighton with the Sabres, and he didn’t get a single second of action.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Haha yea. And the best part is a picture exists of him on the ice for that minute. It looks like it was taken with a potato, but it exists.

The weirder thing is there’s action shots on Getty of Michael Leighton with the Sabres, and he didn’t get a single second of action.
Who is your favourite obscure goalie from the draught era?

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Drought, although watching this team over the past 13 years has made me drink a lot of draught beer :laugh:

But a toss up between Hackett and Makarov.
Thanks, kind of wish it was a draft and not a drought though.
Makarov has pretty nice stats from his one game.

I think Houser is my favourite even though he's less obscure.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Thanks, kind of wish it was a draft and not a drought though.
Makarov has pretty nice stats from his one game.

I think Houser is my favourite even though he's less obscure.

Well it doesn’t help that English is a bunch of other languages wearing a trench coat.

At its base it’s Romantic, Latin, and old Germanic.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Wondering what Adams is thinking here ...

Confident that he clears and ends up in Rochester?
Simply doesn't want to carry 3 goalies, and if he clears fine, but not too bothered if he doesn't?

Levi was excellent against NJD, but it's a huge leap of faith to think he can be a 1A/B over the course of a season with only one full year of pro hockey experience. And if either him or 6K is out for any length of time, expecting competent play from Sandstrom would be foolhardy.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Wondering what Adams is thinking here ...

Confident that he clears and ends up in Rochester?
Simply doesn't want to carry 3 goalies, and if he clears fine, but not too bothered if he doesn't?

Levi was excellent against NJD, but it's a huge leap of faith to think he can be a 1A/B over the course of a season with only one full year of pro hockey experience. And if either him or 6K is out for any length of time, expecting competent play from Sandstrom would be foolhardy.
Maybe Adams is quietly playing 4D chess. Waives Reimer........Reimer gets claimed by a team wanting a veteran backup.....but then we claim Bussi. Still send Levi down.

Maybe? Please?

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Maybe Adams is quietly playing 4D chess. Waives Reimer........Reimer gets claimed by a team wanting a veteran backup.....but then we claim Bussi. Still send Levi down.

Maybe? Please?
Main board is confident Bussi will be claimed, fwiw.

It goes in reverse order of last season's standings, right? We'd be 11th in line.

I share your concern about Levi possibly being rushed.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Did one quality regular season start from Levi convince Sabres' management that Reimer, signed barely 3 months ago and with zero game minutes played, was suddenly expendable? I don't know how else to interpret that decision.

Not seeing much of a plan for our goaltending here. Why sign him in the first place?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Maybe? Please?

Him or Shepard. I think those are gambles that somebody probably takes and may just pay off.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Huh? Please explain?

He has opted out of Pride Night citing his Christian beliefs as the reason why. That probably took him off of some team's FA list. If Kim were able to still be involved as much as before I don't think we would have signed him (but that is speculation).

Might help him pass through waivers 🤷‍♂️

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
God I hate this team. I don’t like Reimer, but what the hell is their plan? How has it changed after 2 games? Signing a veteran as a UFA who never sees the ice before getting waived is an odd look at best, and sheer incompetence at worst.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
He has opted out of Pride Night citing his Christian beliefs as the reason why. That probably took him off of some team's FA list. If Kim were able to still be involved as much as before I don't think we would have signed him (but that is speculation).

Might help him pass through waivers 🤷‍♂️
Hmm. I think she would have doubled his salary if she had gotten involved.

Thanks.
f*** him.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
C'mon let reimer do what he feels. I can see both sides.

God I hate this team. I don’t like Reimer, but what the hell is their plan? How has it changed after 2 games? Signing a veteran as a UFA who never sees the ice before getting waived is an odd look at best, and sheer incompetence at worst.
They figured our nichols school buffalo resident jacobs family wouldn't poach him and we are covered in goal in roc.

Get a forward to replace Krebs. I'm thrilled.

Reactions: Beerz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad