Confirmed with Link: Sabres Sign G James Reimer to 1-year, $1 million Deal; On Waivers 10/6/2024, Claimed by Anaheim

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Levi wasn’t going down anyway. This doesn’t do anything to the UPL/Levi plan. It wasn’t a paper transaction…their intention was for Reimer to go to Rochester. Which was reported exactly as such.

What sucks is having a terrible goalie situation in Rochester and a terrible organizational #3. That has to be fixed immediately. Given Adams’ timelines expect that to be fixed somewhere around 2028. But hey, another million saved!

Reactions: ceky

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Why not just claim Bussi or another now? .. I know that would mean they have to be on NHL roster .. but for how long?

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
I don't particularly care. If both our goalies end up getting hurt at the same time we're likely screwed anyways. Regardless of whether we have Reimer or not.
Reimer vs Sandstrom is an absolutely massive difference though

I do not understand why we are “developing” Levi by having him spend 45+ games on the bench when he could be playing every night in Rochester. Anyone got a clue? Like come on Levi is awesome but he is far from being a finished product

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall

I do not understand why we are “developing” Levi by having him spend 45+ games on the bench when he could be playing every night in Rochester. Anyone got a clue? Like come on Levi is awesome but he is far from being a finished product
I am not a goaltending or player development expert. Maybe they think that while he is not a finished product, that he has more to gain off facing NHL shooters, less often than AHL shooters more often. Maybe the team's goal is still to make the playoffs and Levi as back up gives them the best chance of that.

We can't complain that the team is too focused on development and not enough on being competitive and then also be mad they decided to roster their 2 best goalies.

I want to be clear, I am not condoning signing reimer just to lose him. I think the plan to find an organizational 3rd was poorly executed, but I am also fine with Levi in the NHL.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
F****** hell. Adams better find a replacement #3

Not a profesional organization

This is country club Buffalo. Levi cannot be sent down or his feelings will be hurt. Not good for the room.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

Haven't you heard? We don't care about development or not blocking the prospects any more. We want to win.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I am not a goaltending or player development expert. Maybe they think that while he is not a finished product, that he has more to gain off facing NHL shooters, less often than AHL shooters more often. Maybe the team's goal is still to make the playoffs and Levi as back up gives them the best chance of that.

We can't complain that the team is too focused on development and not enough on being competitive and then also be mad they decided to roster their 2 best goalies.

I want to be clear, I am not coding signing reimer just to lose him. I think the plan to find an organizational 3rd was poorly executed, but I am also fine with Levi in the NHL.

Another Adams special. Pay Reimer or create a bonus structure to discourage a waiver claim and doesn't happen.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad