Confirmed with Link: Sabres Sign G James Reimer to 1-year, $1 million Deal; On Waivers 10/6/2024, Claimed by Anaheim

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Extreme paranoia.

I'll worry about this, if the need even arises. They won't need anyone 'better than Reimer' they would just need someone better than Sandstorm who wouldn't look completely out of place for a handful of NHL games. Those guys are always available.

If the doomsday scenario of both UPL/Levi getting hurt long term actually happened, we'd be screwed anyway. Reimer is a solid vet but he's not saving any team's season.
I don't think it is extreme paranoia. It is looking at Adams's track record as GM and wondering if he is capable of adding a goalie that is better than Sandstrom.

The most likely path is getting Reimer back once Gibson is healthy.

And I am not extreme in my takes over this. I do not think it is a major deal. But, it is less than ideal and an outcome that was not at all surprising.

It was also a risk that Adams did not need to take right now.

Reactions: debaser66

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I think from the second Reimer signed the contract, he was 100% just the insurance policy if Levi clearly wasn't ready. Levi looks good, so they waived him.

It makes me kind of optimistic that they aren't humoring a three-headed monster this year. If Levi earns his spot, I prefer they not force him into Rochester anyways. They got their guys. It's the UPL/Levi show going forward and that's not a bad outcome.

It makes me less optimistic how this plan ends up probably hurting Rochester.

And for how easy it is for this forum to get riled up, I kinda wish GMKA would either stop making these minor 4D chess moves he always loses... or, you know, win one eventually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad