Confirmed with Link: Sabres open 2024-25 season in Prague, Czechia vs NJ Devils + Preseason game vs RB Munich

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Has Kotalik shrunk? I'd swear he was bigger than that. And damn, Spacek looks old. Probably IS old...

I landed in Prague a couple of hours ago. So pumped up to be finally watching this team play in the flesh.

Have a great time. I saw them when they played an exhibition game here and it was a great time.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Deep fried. No breading.

And basically....... it's the sauce. Many imitations. Few authentic.

Think of it as food ambassidor-ship.

Buffalo is well known internationally for its superb (and unique) contributions to the epicurean pallet.
Meh. Bringing wings to Oktoberfest is like bringing a board game to Vegas. Sure you can do it but why would you.

Also Bavarians seem pretty chill about their food, but don't try this a few hundred kilometers further east. Here's a short documentary on how something like this would go in Vienna:

Reactions: crossthesticks26

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Meh. Bringing wings to Oktoberfest is like bringing a board game to Vegas. Sure you can do it but why would you.

Also Bavarians seem pretty chill about their food, but don't try this a few hundred kilometers further east. Here's a short documentary on how something like this would go in Vienna:

Say a Euro soccer club were touring the US and wanted to make some light-hearted content. I don't think any (reasonable) Buffalonian would object to their social media team showing up outside Buffalo's Wing Fest with some schnitzel or whatever for folks to sample.

It's just a silly bit of cultural exchange, not that serious...

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Say a Euro soccer club were touring the US and wanted to make some light-hearted content. I don't think any (reasonable) Buffalonian would object to their social media team showing up outside Buffalo's Wing Fest with some schnitzel or whatever for folks to sample.

It's just a silly bit of cultural exchange, not that serious...
Best answer.

Uber's a good guy. But maybe a little snobbish in the old Euro sense.....

Probably feels the same way about his beer.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Very frustrating. It's not what any of us were looking for & for me - a big personal disappointment. I'm now 0-3 in attending Sabres/Bills games.

It's too soon to panic though. They are on the right path. Can't ultimately judge them after two out of the ordinary games.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Very frustrating. It's not what any of us were looking for & for me - a big personal disappointment. I'm now 0-3 in attending Sabres/Bills games.

It's too soon to panic though. They are on the right path. Can't ultimately judge them after two out of the ordinary games.
Are they? Watching those games it felt like a repeat of last year. Although I can't say our bottom 6 was the issue, that's for sure.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Ive been to 3 Sabres games in my life. A 3:0 thrashing by Minny in Buffalo and these 2 shitshow games in Prague.

FML. This team is simply brutal to its fans.

Reactions: Ehran

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Are they? Watching those games it felt like a repeat of last year. Although I can't say our bottom 6 was the issue, that's for sure.
They've actually addressed team needs this offseason. For the first time in forever. The likes of Tage / Cozens didn't suddenly turn into bad players either.

They will get it right one day. That's why I assume we're all still here at least. If you don't want to have hope then you probably have nothing at this point.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
They've actually addressed team needs this offseason. For the first time in forever. The likes of Tage / Cozens didn't suddenly turn into bad players either.

They will get it right one day. That's why I assume we're all still here at least. If you don't want to have hope then you probably have nothing at this point.
Some needs. There's still 2 huge glaring ones (Top 6 / Top 4 defenseman) Cozens has been bad for about 365 days now is my issue. I'm not sure he's a 2C.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Ive been to 3 Sabres games in my life. A 3:0 thrashing by Minny in Buffalo and these 2 shitshow games in Prague.

FML. This team is simply brutal to its fans.
Hang in there.

Atmosphere in the arena today didn't seem anywhere near yesterdays. Guess it was the earlier start + not being the opening game. Certainly saw less Sabres fans as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad