GDT: Sabres @ Hawks 10/19/24 7pm Chsn

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
The Hawks are a better team this year, but they still don't have enough o power on the top 3 lines. Against the Sharks, they should have had more goals, especially on the 5 on 3s. Against the Sabres, Reichel came alive but the Hawks got nothing from the top two lines. That's the reason the Hawks will be a lottery team again this year because game-to-game so far they just don't score enough. Its a roster thing.

Can the Hawks get someone better than Hall and AA to play on this team without giving up too much? Is it too soon to call up Nazar? If you say its too soon to do either, then get ready to be disappointed all year because the 30 to 40 goals that is beyond the skill of this roster as it is will be the reason why they are a sub-500 team.
This isn't necessarily a bad thing. The team plays hard and are still in line to get one of Hagens/Martone/Misa/Frondell/McQueen next summer.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
This isn't necessarily a bad thing. The team plays hard and are still in line to get one of Hagens/Martone/Misa/Frondell/McQueen next summer.
I think the Hawks are in a rebuild, aren't they? I don't blame fellow hawks hfboarders for being frustrated because the Hawks are icing an authentic NHL team this year (even if it is limited in what it can do) as opposed to the ahl team it iced last year due to injuries.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
I thought TT was terrible. Needs to focus more on getting the puck to 98 and less on shooting it every time he touches it.

Foligno was crap as well, especially through the neutral zone.

Speaking of players who need to focus more on getting the puck to 98 and less on shooting it, I hate Seth Jones!

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Am I the only one concerned that Bedard has only 2 goals in has last 20 NHL games?

Can everyNHL tram we face be that good in net stopping hom or that good checking him who is supposed to be a special gifted goal scorer who beats goalies with a generational shot?

Thru 1st 6GP Bedard shooting only 5.26%... 19 shog in 6G this season...

Last edited:

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Bedard and Teravainen lead the Hawks in points

Foligno is tied with Bedard for most goals

That line works

They just had an off night
Sure, they had an off night vs a team that isn't great, yet the first line still had problems with the lack of time and space to execute. It isn't going to get any easier against contending teams like the teams in Hawks division. I love Foligno, and playing with Bedard on the PP I'm fine with mainly as a net front presence..... but Bedard (and TT) could use a winger with more speed who can open up some ice.

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
I love Foligno but let's not pretend he's actually a top 6 option talentwise, we just stink.

Imagine if Rantanen was on Bedard's line and Foligno was on the 3rd line like he should be. Things would look so much different. If there is any scenario in which he and Colorado can't agree on an extension, then give that man a blank check.

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
I thought TT was terrible. Needs to focus more on getting the puck to 98 and less on shooting it every time he touches it.

Foligno was crap as well, especially through the neutral zone.

Speaking of players who need to focus more on getting the puck to 98 and less on shooting it, I hate Seth Jones!
Seth makes some terrible decisions.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Am I the only one concerned that Bedard has only 2 goals in has last 20 NHL games?

Can everyNHL tram we face be that good in net stopping hom or that good checking him who is supposed to be a special gifted goal scorer who beats goalies with a generational shot?

It’s way too early in the kids career to be concerned and no offense but yours borders on obsession.

Dead Meat

Apr 27, 2004

IMG_0945.jpeg

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Fortyfives

Jul 13, 2011

Yes.

Reactions: Dead Meat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad